Struggling to eat my points

satinwings

Hello Everyone,

How do you guys manage to eat all your daily points?

I have 30 points a day to eat and so far I have eaten 8.5 points and to be honest I don't fancy any dinner. I have never really been a big eater (I know that's sounds strange considering I'm a heffa).

I do have a Hypoactive thyriod but I can't blame that for all the weight. But I don't eat chocolate, crisps, biscuits, pastries, fizzy pop or drink alcohol. So I don't know what I can eat to eat my points! HELP!!

Its a bit in the air as I don't normally eat breakfast so I am having to have a Alpen bar - 1 point. For lunch i have a packet of Lemon and Corriander cous cous - 6 points with 30g of Apetina - 1 point. I also had a snack this afternoon of 150g of Apple - 0.5 points and to be honest I struggled to eat that.

I have bought a load of weightwatchers dinner for evening meals but the highest pointed one is 5 points.

I would normally just have a chicken breast and veg or pasta.

first up then ditch the WW meals. Buy the shops own brand ones, maybe the 'posh' ones which tend to have cream etc and are higher in points.

Avoid ALL WW stuff if youre struggling, have the higher point equivelant. Have 'proper' bread, use butter instead of spread etc

You need to have more for brekkie, 1 point isnt even making a dent in your allowance. Can you have maybe fruit, a yoghurt or a smoothie if you dont have cereal. A 1 point bar isnt going to fill you

Thank you! Never thought of going for the shop bought dinners, I just got straight on the "brand" wagon.

I will try to eat more for breakfast, for some reason eating in the morning makes me feel sick. But I will gradually build up to eat more or try to eat cereal - I do have tonnes of the stuff!

I may have to take up snacking... to make up the rest.

Great help though, I will plough through the ww dinners and hit the shops!

Thanks again :D

yep I agree with starlight, if you dont want/cant face using your points for snacks then opt for full fat version dinners.
Or add a knob of butter/sprinkle of cheese/dollop of mayo etc to increase your points count.

Definately try and have a bigger breakfast, a banana for example is 1.5pts so already better than just an alpen bar lol
If you could manage 2 slices of toast and butter with jam you could easily spend 5pts :D

I will try to eat more for breakfast, for some reason eating in the morning makes me feel sick. But I will gradually build up to eat more or try to eat cereal - I do have tonnes of the stuff!

That was me last year. When i ate brekkie i felt physically sick and i couldnt handle it! Now i struggle if i dont have any :giggle:

Having brekkie sets up your body for the rest of the day and will make you hungrier so you will feel like eating more points :D

Having the same problem myself this week. I am allowed 24pts and find that come dinner -time I have approx 14 left or so. Appetite just seems to have disappeared this week (for some strange reason). So far today I've had my bowl of cereal and 2 plums. Hubby will be home for lunch and he wants soup but I am not feeleing it - might do him up some garlic bread and have a slice or 2 myself (use up some points). Chicken Fajaitas for dinner tonight. :sigh:

Lol I am on 30 points and I think last night I stuffed my face and only used 24!

I have been told by my neighbor also on WW that I have to make sure that I eat all 30 today! Yikes! Worst thing is I had to rush out this morning and only got back at midday and just munched a WW meal and a bottle of powerade which is an impressive 1.5 points :) and I have 24.5 points left for the day.

But I do have a Pineapple to eat - not sure on points for that tho and I have a Patty Pan squash that needs munching again not sure on point.

I am also worried that I am eating more than I used to and I know its all cal controlled etc but still worried that eating more will make me gain more weight!

You may be eating more but its the right sort of foods! I eat looooads now compared to what i used to but its the right foods.Instead of a pizza im having veg and chicken :D

You may be eating more but its the right sort of foods! I eat looooads now compared to what i used to but its the right foods.Instead of a pizza im having veg and chicken :D

See I've never really eaten junk food, its always been pasta, rice, salad, veg, tuna or chicken. Even Mayo doesn't appear in the house very often. Last bar of chocolate I had was several months ago!

I have been to a dietitian and even they where baffled by my weight as my regular diet was fine other than the lack of calcium. But I thought I would take it into my own hands and try WW, it seems to be working...but we shall see on Monday if there is any change!

I am also worried that I am eating more than I used to and I know its all cal controlled etc but still worried that eating more will make me gain more weight!

You will be okay - the week that I restarted I used up all my points and I lost 5lbs. The previous weeks I wasn't using my points and only lost 2lbs over 4 weeks. It does sound mad - the more you eat the better for you. I am having a slow few weeks now - but I know it's because I ain't eating enough. I am afraid if eating the wrong things too - but once you stay within points you should be okay.

Back