Struggling to eat on 810

OscarsMum

Lovely ladies/gentlemen who have upped from SS to 810 how do you find it? I am actually struggling to eat as life was so much easier with my shakes and bars. I can rarely get more than a bar, 1 shake and am omlette or a small piece of chicken and some salad down me, and I feel so bloated. I seem to have lost any enthusiasm for food - which I think could be down to me being petrified that I will put the weight back on. I know I have to eat especially as I want to really get back into exercise. Also from 24th March I have 50 events to run and manage, lots of them back to back and very long hours of working. I need to eat to be able to survive this!

Has anyone else struggled to start eating again and how did you overcome it?

I dont think it helped that my SS+ week was interrupted by me having acute tonsilitis and only managing a bar and omlette a day for 7 days :(

I have started to use My Fitness Pal and all it does is tell me I am heading into starvation mode.

Have I really got a mental block about food going on? If so, how the hell do I get out of it?

Thank you for reading

xxx

I sometimes have this on the higher plans, cos you eat so much and so often. With fitting in packs, I find that tetras are best. If you squeeze the carton as you suck they're gone in a few seconds - just think of it like taking your medicine.

Have to say I am finding it easier now - but still struggle to eat the quantities! Have made the tuna fish cakes a few times - they are lovely! Have also have had roast pork and lamb (very well done) but not more than 100gms of them as paranoid about them being fattier! But tend to stick to herb omelettes or chicken with salad - balsamic vinegar is my saviour!

I think my taste buds are quite different now - I am a massive cheese lover but am not missing it - even cutting up cheese and grapes for the little ones yesterday and not a miracle passes my lips!

My scales showed 10st. 5 this morning, which means 10st 7 on CD's - so 1lb loss hopefully for this week :)

AnnieAnnie said:
Tuna fish cakes sound lovely. Where did you get the recipe?

a bit busy at moment - but hope this helps for recipe :)

Attachments

• image-3563098582.jpg
    image-3563098582.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2092128581.jpg
    image-2092128581.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 62
I really rate it, especially for step 3 and up. I don't think the higher steps are at all doable based on the handbook, especially steps 3&4 where there's no simple "x amount of protein, y amount of veg, z amount of carbs" formula.

Loads of fish and veggie stuff. I just had a lovely smoked haddock chowder for my lunch (at 6pm - one of those days). Really gorgeous and tasty.

I am so shattered today I had all intentions of making the fish cakes and ended up with chicken salad.

We have cod and sorrel fish cakes on one of our menus - will see if chef can do me a recipe with no bread/carbs so I can make those and maybe freeze some.

Back