Struggling to get in the zone!

tryin again

Well i have been a LL returner for 3 weeks now and have only been abstinant for 4 days in that time. I am yo yoing again and have actually put on weight! I need to crack this again but am really struggling, start off great each day then end up feeling rubbish by the end of the day because i have failed yet again.

Have started afresh AGAIN today and so far so good, one pack down and loads of water. My aim is to get through at least today being abstinant and then hopefully the rest will follow. I want to do this, i need to do this so why am i letting myself down? :sigh:

Hi TA,

I am in exactly the same boat as you so can't offer any advice. I am now in my 5th week, and am only 2lbs down on where I started. I lost a bit - then put on a bit - just can't seem to stick to it! Driving me mad!!

I had every intention of today being the start of my new leaf, but I've just cheated - a little cheat, but a cheat nonetheless, and I feel crap.

Come on here for some inspiration and saw you post. Maybe it's a sign that we need to support each other! :D

I have about two stone to lose, and in the greater scheme of things that's nothing (lost more than twice that the first time round last year). Grrrr.

I KNOW what I need to do, and I do want to do it - but something is stopping me. My rebellious child is going crazy. Arghhh!

Anyway - just wanted to let you know I feel your pain, and am here if you need to vent.

I've avoided this forum because I've felt such a failure, but I know it helped me the first time around, so I think I'm going to have to live on here and load up on good feeling whenever I get the urge to eat.

Good luck with the rest of your day. You can do it!! :)

A x x

Hi Ladies!!

Its day 2 of week 2 for me and i have also beem finding it Very Difficult to NOT pick at little things - i have cheated last week but managed to lose 7lbs as it was the frist week. I have started this week as a fresh start and i guess my body will go back into ketosis this week? so hopefully i;ll lose a gd amount again. anyway i'm finding it hard, food is everywhere - the whole world revolves around it!!

I have 4stone 2lbs to lose, my aim is to be 10stone by 31st December, do you both have goals with dates? maybe we should all support each other and share each other weight loss each week? This is my first time at the diet so i'm only just getting used to the shakes - i think they are all revolting but i am getting used to them and the bars are inedible in my view - except for the peanut one which is tastelss but non he less better than a shake or soup, so i;m just on choc shakes and bars. What are you both having?

xXx

I just wanted to join in because i'm struggling so much. I've been doing ll for 6 months and was completely abstinent for 24 weeks and lost 82 lb!!! anyway a week before i was due to start management i cheated for the first time and ever since then i have lost the plot!! i keep binging and i've put on 9lb !! it's doing my head in, i only need to lose the 9lb again but just can't seem to get in the zone - if i stick to it like a did for the first 6 months it would only take me a couple of weeks !! help, why can't i do this for myself when i have come so far, i've gone from a size 20 to a size 10 and i am so close but i can see my old habits creeping back in!

Can I throw my hat in here as well please :eek:

I lost 8 stone last year, did the whole RTM programme and have STILL re-gained a least 2 stone :cry:Have I learned NOTHING???

I went back into abstinence and lasted 6 days......then tried again and this time only managed 1.5 days:eek:

So today is day 1 (again) for me....lets all try and crack this weight issue once and for all eh :rolleyes:

Hello,

I'm starting lighter life again a week today after a ridiculous on again-off again summer. Pretty nervous as I haven't managed to get back in the zone properly since the first time I cheated. Just wanted to say hello to everyone else trying to change their weight and their relationship with food. So hi! : )

Hi Guys,

I feel like I should be joining this side of the board. I have been doing LL since Jan 09 and have not quit. BUT I have been cheating which has cost my weight loss dearly. Like you Anna, I have been avoiding posting on the boards because I do feel like a failure. I really applaud all the people that stick to this diet 100% and get to where they want to be without a hitch.

But I haven’t and I really regret it now. I have spent so much money on both LL and cheating and not really got anywhere. I really need to get back into this 100% and get the rest of the weight off for good. It is true what they say, once you cheat it is so hard to get back on the wagon.

I am going to start posting more as I know this really helped me when I first started.

So been back on track for nearly 1 day now. As someone said if you can get through a full 24 hrs then it really helps to keep you motivated for the next 24hrs.

Good luck to everyone else who is re-starting/struggling.

Why do we make this journey so hard for ourselves!!!!!

Welcome back Becky

Look how much you've lost since you started. Draw a line under the past blips. You are back on track now. Take it a day at a time. Each day is 100% more.
You can do it. Come on here and chatto people, it makes all the difference.
Cheating is a waste of time and money and all your hard work. There is no point.
Good luck xx:wave_cry:

Hi everyone. How are you guys doing since your earlier posts? I am at the end of my first week and it's been a total nightmare to be honest! I just can't see how I'm going to beat this thing. I can't bear being fat and I can't bear not having food. Sometimes I think it'd be better if I just locked myself in a room with the foodpacks and wasn't allowed out until I was thin. Sadly I have a job so I don't think that's going to happen!! Argh! Why is this so hard? Has anyone got any advice? I'm really struggling... Thank you.

Hi Beckle, it does get easier as you follow the program, but what I have discovered is when you find it the hardest is when you really learn the lessons that will help you in the future to eventually keep the weight off. For example when I first started I would find myself standing with the fridge door open and thinking 'what am I doing, there are no packs in here'......but that would have been the times when the goodies in the fridge would have been consumed. So it made me think of the triggers that made me go to the fridge in the first place. They range, from boredom to stress. So now instead of heading for the fridge, I recognise these feelings and deal with them differently. I have had good days and bad days on LL. The thing that keeps me going is the weekly WI's and meetings, the knowledge that if I continue to abstain then I will be slim and enjoy all that that brings.....smaller clothes, more energy and a better sense of well being.

Hang in there Beckle and when it gets tough remember the reasons why you started. Hope this helps a little...xx

Back