Struggling today

AnnTeak

I have done really well this week 3 days of attack 1st day of cruise yesterday and have lost about 7 or 8lbs but I have really struggled today.
I have been quite hungry and when I have eaten I haven't been satisfied I have felt the 'need' to eat nearly all day but not felt satisfied when I do give in.
i have drunk 2ltrs of water 1 cup of tea with skimmed milk, 1 cup of coffee with skimmed milk and 1 can of Pepsi max
Breakfast: yougrt with vanilla & sweetener
snack:eek:at ran muffins & homemade skinny latte
Lunch: 1/2 tub of cottage cheese & tuna fish
Snack:1 pack of chicken slices
tea: smoked haddock mixed with boiled eggs (sounds odd but is similar to a fish pilaff I love minus the rice of course!)

Is it normal to have days like that I have had to really resist lots of temptations and nearly caved even to the point of putting a bit in my mouth for taste & texture and then spitting it out:eek:

We all have days like that Anne, but they seemed to be few and far between for me on cruise and like you did I managed to work through it and not give in.... The feeling of being strong and sticking with it was fab!!!! On conso I have actually had my first cheats ever and just need to remind myself that the mental torture I feel at having been weak is horrible...... Much rather take the high road and feel amazing!!! Dieting is such a mental game!!! Keep going - your initial loss is fab - does that put you into the 12's???? You need to update your stats!

I started a few days before you and had a similar day with just wanting to eat constantly. I had 2 days like it where I ate a great deal more than you posted! I wonder if it just our body adjusting to a whole new way of spending energy.

Thanks Trudy and STPT glad to know its not just me, I was a bit better yesterday so hoping today is even better.
Trudy I know what you mean about that feeling when you resist something and yes it is such a mental thing, I know I have to be in the right head space before I even start dieting or I know I can't stick to the plan! I am going to update my stats now :D

Anne your loss is great and hope today is a good sunday for you

Hi Ann
I started on Monday and found the weight loss an easy motivator but yesterday I felt really unsatisfied and down! Like you I really just wanted to have something different in my mouth lol! I hadn't been on here for ages and when I saw all of the major weight losses and the thread showing inspirational pictures it really helped me get through it! Now today's a new day and hopefully those feelings will keep away for now:)

Good luck x

Thanks Lawless it helps to know I'm not the only one. Another hungry day for me today but at least I haven't got that un satisfied feeling. Diet coke chicken to look forward tonight and te beginning of a new week hope the weight loss continues.

Hi Ann
I hope ur getting along better! Still having hungry days 2, I'm starting cruise tomorrow and I hope adding the veg helps?! Your loss so far is great use it to help keep you going, I figure once we get through the first 2weeks our bodies will be in a routine and hopefully with more success we will keep on going!
Good luck this week! X

Thanks Lawl, hope cruising and veg helps with your hunger. I seem to have settled into quite hungry days needing to snack between both breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner every day but have lost that unsatisfied feeling so that is much better, funnily enough it was starting cruise that started it all off for me protein only was better, go figure!

Ha! That was something I thought might happen as with the protein I got a bit bored almost of eating the same thing! Ah well, nothing's ever easy:) Good for you, at least we can munch on carrot sticks and the like x

Back