Struggling with calorie intake

Kattty

Hi has anyone else had these issues , I have noticed lately that I am really aware of the fat content and Cals in what I eat to the point were I am eating foods which hardly contain any fat so therefore I don't need a tablet and also am not using anywhere near my daily calorie allowance so does this help with dieting or does it slow my metabolism down any thoughts on this are appreciated

Just make sure that, if nothing else, you're calories don't drop below 1,200. But you're right, ideally you need to eat up to the limit you're set on MFP or whatever you use because otherwise, although you'll lose weight in the short-term, your metabolism will soon adapt and you'll stall. Don't stress too much about the fat levels, as long as you're around that 5% mark it's fine - as you say, if you eat too little you might as well not bother with the tablets, plus you do need fat in your diet anyway. How much do you have to lose? :) xx

Hi I want to lose 4 stone and then see how I look but my doctor has said he wants to leave me on xenical until my bmi is 30 at the mo it's 40 have lost 3lb in my first week so pleased with that and have upped my exercise level and I also use mfp which is really useful

Kattty said:
Hi I want to lose 4 stone and then see how I look but my doctor has said he wants to leave me on xenical until my bmi is 30 at the mo it's 40 have lost 3lb in my first week so pleased with that and have upped my exercise level and I also use mfp which is really useful

I think my doctors have forgotten I'm on it, lol, they just keep giving me a repeat prescription! Sure they'll notice sooner or later!! :) xx

Hi mfp says I need 1300 Cals a day our doc won't give us xenical on repeat prescription I need to go and see our nurse once a month get weighed and as long as I'm losing weight I get my prescription and when I go the gym I now aim to burn of at least a 1000 Cals I read somewhere to help with weightloss either eat 500 Cals less or burn off 500 Cals or do them together how is the weightloss going for you x

Kattty said:
Hi mfp says I need 1300 Cals a day our doc won't give us xenical on repeat prescription I need to go and see our nurse once a month get weighed and as long as I'm losing weight I get my prescription and when I go the gym I now aim to burn of at least a 1000 Cals I read somewhere to help with weightloss either eat 500 Cals less or burn off 500 Cals or do them together how is the weightloss going for you x

Just make sure you eat enough, is the main thing I'd say, especially if you're exercising a lot. :)

My doctor did see me every month or so for quite a while, but once you've lost that initial % they can put you on a repeat prescription as you've proved it's working ok for you.

I'm doing ok thanks, lost 120lbs so far (just over 8.5 stone), so it's slow going now as I approach target, every pound feels hard won, lol. :) xx

You have done really well losing all that weight it's amazing and it also inspires me I think for me when I look in the mirror and I like what looks back I will be happy and know I'm were I want to be x

Kattty said:
You have done really well losing all that weight it's amazing and it also inspires me I think for me when I look in the mirror and I like what looks back I will be happy and know I'm were I want to be x

Oh thank you, that's very nice of you to say! :) Yes, I must confess that the mirror is much more of a friend to me nowadays, lol. You're right about knowing yourself when you're at target - everyone (including me, if I'm honest) thinks I look like I've lost enough, but according to BMI I'm still a stone overweight, so I'll see if I can shift a few more pounds, but probably not technically get to a "healthy" BMI. :) xx

To be honest you've lost loads of weight already and that's got to be healthy as for the bmi guide I'm not sure if its entirely correct for me it says 9 stone lol which for me is way to low I look healthy around 10 and a half stone am sure I've heard somewhere that they are making changes to the bmi chart which might be a good idea

Kattty said:
To be honest you've lost loads of weight already and that's got to be healthy as for the bmi guide I'm not sure if its entirely correct for me it says 9 stone lol which for me is way to low I look healthy around 10 and a half stone am sure I've heard somewhere that they are making changes to the bmi chart which might be a good idea

I think you're absolutely right! There's just a little part of my brain that thinks it would be great to go to the doctor's about something and not be told I'm overweight, lol. I've spent years avoiding the doctor's wherever possible, knowing they put so much down to being overweight, and it's just something I think about. But we'll see. :) xx

Hi Katty. I haven't struggled re the calories as yet.... I've tried to gte creative, use them as this needs to be a lifestyle going forward for me and realistically im not going to live on salad for the rest of my life. Personally I've learnt so much already and don't feel that improve missing out of anything as my diet had been really varied and enjoyable. I had gammon egg and chips last night, as well as a Sunday breakfast and still kept within my 1390 allowance. Let yourself have the calories and enjoy them! :)

Hi Tracy I know what you mean about docs and pudders what you've been eating sounds lovely are you also taking xenical you have give me food for thought lol and are making me realise there are a lot of tasty options I can have while I am on xenical

Also pudders I agree with what your saying as I know for a fact I couldn't 100% say oh I'll never eat chips again etc as I wouldn't be true it's about moderation and being sensible

Yep. On xenical also. :) started.on the 14th may. And so far so good. I had a chili con carne last night and the only difference from how i normally have it is that i missed the avacado off....oooo i love avacado!! Chicken fajitas tonight!! Nom nom! :)

Back