Struggling With Carbs

Dramatic_Star

Calorie Counter
Sorry guys, me again! :eek:

I've been using Tesco Tracker to count calories, however I notice I frequently go way over my carb allowance and a little under my calorie. Today I am 119% of my carb allowance & this is what I will have eaten by the end of the day (missed breakfast as I got up late- oops):

Lunch
Small jacket potato
190g cottage cheese

Dinner
Low fat chilli con carne with rice
Weight Watchers mini coriander naan

Snack
Cauliflower & brocolli slim a soup
Possibly some choc/caramel snackajack

Well, you're only 19% over, so nothing to get stressed about :)

How's the fat and protein? Which one do you need to increase to get the levels a little better?

By the looks of it, you are a little too low fat. I've never used the tesco site, do they give the normal recommendations of 55% carbs, 15% protein, 30% fat?

Assuming low on fat and protein together, I would go with adding some flaked almonds to the chilli con carne (will lower the GI value of the dinner and add some protein and healthy fats for satiety). I'd ditch the naan (unless I really, really wanted it) and have some mixed nuts and seeds for a snack.

You could also ditch the naan in favour of a yoghurt for pud :)

KD, thanks for the response. Tesco Tracker recommends 50% carbs, 20% protein and 30% fat, so slightly different. It works out the amount of calories based on my age and weight.

Ditching the naan sounds like a very good idea, except for I have a yogurt in the fridge which has 202 calories and high sugar so one to avoid I think. I'll make sure to put yogurts on the shopping list next time I go.

Fat and protein are low to fine (27% of my allowance and 83%) so there could be some alterations done here.

I've bought different foods today such as turkey, rivita crackers and snack a jacks in a hope to change my eating habbits slightly.

KD, thanks for the response. Tesco Tracker recommends 50% carbs, 20% protein and 30% fat, so slightly different. It works out the amount of calories based on my age and weight.

Okay, so Tesco show a little lower on carbs, and a bit more on protein. Not much difference to the normal guidelines which would put your carbs at fine.

I have a yogurt in the fridge which has 202 calories and high sugar so one to avoid I think.

That's quite high for a yoghurt isn't it.

I'll make sure to put yogurts on the shopping list next time I go.

Check the ingredients aswell as the cals. Some of the 'diet' ones have ingredients like the stock list for ICI. Just because it may be lower calorie, doesn't mean it's healthier.

Dont' get too hung up on the percentages. They are guidelines. Something to give you a rough idea, but it would close to a miracle if you got it spot on every day.

i have cut wheat out of my diet, and seems to have gotten me out of my stand still in terms of the scales. I still eat potaotes and rice. My diet previously was very high in carbs.

so i guess my tip is take away wheat hehe

Back