Carbs in meat!?

losingit

Silver Member
Just having an obsessive carb counting day here to check i've not let sneaky carbs into my diet, and i notice that my 100% beef mince contains 1.1g of carb per 100g, and i'm having 200g of it at least for dinner! Also, carbs in egg - does anyone count these in their allowance? I can't remember if we are meant to count them towards our allowance or not?

I read something about this ages ago - afaik the carbs that can show in meat is glycogen - animals store it just like we do, but as we're in ketosis we won't store it from eating the meat so the carb count is effectively zero.

I count 1/2 a carb per egg personally.

Last edited:
Depends which version of the book you go by. I do count them but it rarely adds up to more than 1 carb a day.

Thanks for the info, i see why i got confused now. Think i'm going to start counting eggs but will not count for unprocessed meats. Sticking to 20g a day, and it's not really that hard even counting the 'extra' carbs - just got to get re-educated on what is carby and what is not, i've forgotten lots for some reason!

Back