Total Solution Struggling with day 6 despite the loss

Curioushelen83

I have been nibbling all day and ate over 600 cals! I am not much of a nibbler normally, really struggling tonight. Think its cause i am home alone. Any one got any effective methods for distraction?

I have been nibbling all day and ate over 600 cals! I am not much of a nibbler normally, really struggling tonight. Think its cause i am home alone. Any one got any effective methods for distraction?

Phone a friend or someone & have chat. Mind will go off food in no time

Thanks Kay. I phoned my friend and talked to them about overindulging, as well.It actually really helped. Going to stop beating myself up and move on to tomorrow :)

Write up a list of tasks that need done around the house. When you need a distraction, pick one and then tick it off the list when done. Not only do avoid your cravings, you get the little jobs done.

My list at the moment-
Repaint bathroom ceiling
Wash windows
Organise kitchen cupboards (have to do this but probably not a good idea to do when I'm feeling weak!)
De clutter daughters toys (today's job)
Put up shelves in hall cupboard
Put up Christmas tree (being done today after I've cleared the toys out of the living room)

:)

Distraction for me has to be relevant to work... i.e. I could distract myself with cleaning etc but doesn't take my mind off it.

I do things like....... look at pictures of myself!!! and think 'if i nibble I'm still going to look like this'
Look at weight loss before and after pics
Search for quotes to do with weight loss, print them and stick them in strategic places like on the fridge
Edit my signature on here
Work out how much I've lost / how much i have to go / how much till I'm at overweight/normal BMIs etc
Go online window shopping for clothes I like, add them to my basket in the next size down but don't purchase them! or else ebay!
Sort through clothes that are too small / too big / normal
Take pics of myself, some with clothes on that are too small but that i love so i can compare when i lose weight and they fit perfectly
Measure myself for inches lost rather than weight lost ;)

Back