Struggling with exercise!

It's only my first week, so I know I shouldn't be beating myself up too much, but I am really struggling with the exercise portion of my weight loss.
One good tip someone has given me was to try and not do it in the house (must admit this was a prize piece of advice because if I am in front of the TV doing an aerobics DVD or on the rower I'm quick to give up and plonk myself down on the sofa after 15 minutes) but I've no idea what else I can do to stop myself from caving in too early and that's if I even make it out of the house at all! :(

Anyone have any ideas?

It's only my first week, so I know I shouldn't be beating myself up too much, but I am really struggling with the exercise portion of my weight loss.
One good tip someone has given me was to try and not do it in the house (must admit this was a prize piece of advice because if I am in front of the TV doing an aerobics DVD or on the rower I'm quick to give up and plonk myself down on the sofa after 15 minutes) but I've no idea what else I can do to stop myself from caving in too early and that's if I even make it out of the house at all! :(

Anyone have any ideas?
could you do some walking? i walk home from work every night 11.5 miles a week but as of this week i am walking to work as well so now doing 23 miles. i am also doing the wii fit as well. could you get off the bus a few stops further away or park the car a distance from work, college etc

Thanks guys, going to the gym has been a nightmare but I am going to make sure I go four days of next week and I'm definitely going to give the walking thing a shot! I live in a really hilly area so that'll hopefully come in handy.

If you keep giving in, don't do it. Well, not unless you give in because you are really tired from it.

Exercise shouldn't be a chore, and the trick is to find a way that you really enjoy and couldn't bear to stop doing regularly. Not just for weight loss, in fact, not even for weight...but because you just enjoy it.

I enjoyed the gym for a while. I enjoyed exercise DVDs for a while. I've always enjoyed walking, so will make excuses to get out and do it, rather than make excuses NOT to.

I may want to go back to the gym in the future and that's fine. I'll do it again until I don't want to anymore ;)

Walking is the one for me. I get to see things going on in the neighbourhood. Get to stroke someone dog or cat. Get some fresh air, and always feel good when I get home. No because I didn't enjoy the walk, but it just makes me feel good.

For you it might be walking. It could be swimming or joining the tennis club. Experiment. But don't do it because you are hoping to lose more weight that way. It's a side effect for some though. An added bonus.

Back