Struggling with packs

River

Ready for the new me!
Hi everyone, Last few days ive been struggling eating packs and after going off the chicken,vegetable im now going off the chili (just ate a bowl and could hardly keep it down).

Im picky i admit that but ive got two favourites at the moment and they are porridge and hot choccy, just please say im not the only one and im not going to go off them too :sigh:. I dont want to be coming off the diet because i cant stomach the food its making me so miserable.

Hi River,
Don't worry, everyone's taste buds change during LL!

I started off loving the chicken and thai chili soups, now just smelling them makes me gag!
I hated the chocolate shake, now I love it!

Have you tried all the packs? If you haven't, try new ones, you may be surprised by what you like. But if not stick to the packs you like, there is no point trying to force yourself to eat packs you can't stomach.
xxx

You are not alone. I get 26 choc packs every week plus 2 bars. And that's what I have been having for 3 weeks. I just can't stomach anything else. Sorry not of any help but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

Thanks guys good to hear as i was starting to worry. Ive tried strawberry,vanilla,chicken,veg,choc and chili and then peanut,cranberry and toffee bars so i have a few left to try hannah but to be honest im kinda afraid to incase they were like chicken soup!

First time tonight i actually did gag on the chili it was foul and ive been having it all week :(. The rest ive just got fed up of or tasted powedery.

Hi lucy,
I think if you try not to think of it as "food" but just a way to get the nutrients and minerals you need to be healthy then it will get easier.
They don't taste fab, but they are better than medicine and when you do start eating again your taste buds will sing believe me.
I used to have vanilla with or without coffee for breakfast every day. Thai Chilli with tabasco and salt for 2 other meals and then a hot chocolate with sweeteners in every single day. I didn't like the
other flavours, but it got me where I wanted and I will be eternally grateful for my new life.

Thanks slenda :), I think im doing something ive told myself from day one not to do, which is not to look too much into what im eating and think it as a big thing.
Im the only one at my group who likes chili and soon as i said that everyone went into detail about it being lumpy ect ect and i think that might of trigged it in my silly brain.

Also i love hot chocolate and sweetners :D.

I survived 5 months on Lighterlife having 3 veg soups a day and 1 bar. I really liked a couple of the bars but hated everything else. Never really liked the veg soups but found them the least offensive. Made them into 'crisps' sometimes to liven it up a bit.

Hope you find something that works for you x

I think this is part of getting your head in the right place. As others have said, try not to tink of it as food, just as nutrition. Maybe make up shakes and drink down in one go with straw? This isn't forever, its just a means to an end.

It is my first week and I asked for a variety of flavours to try, so far the only one that I actually gagged on was the porridge :( yuucckkkk I have tried a chocolate with mint tea after I read on here the other day someone said it was nice, it was ok but I wont be doing that again - I am at day 4 100% total abstinence so I guess it is early and I am on the first step down the ladder..... (none of this negative up hill journey for me) :)

I have a big problem with packs at the moment. I just dont want to eat anything. At all! I love the porridge and most bars and vanill shake mixed with coffee. Everything else makes me gag. My problem is that I can't seem to manage all 4 each day. It's 7pm and I only had 2 so far and I REALLY don't feel like another one :(
I know I have have all 4 to get my nutrition and stuff but it's such a chore at the moment.
I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm ill...

Back