Extra Easy Struggling with slow loss =(

Hi Everyone,

Just after a bit of support really, I started back as Slimming World for the 3rd time after an operation earlier this year and I am just REALLY struggling :cry:I am 100% on plan at all times, if I accidentally go over my syns one day, I make up for it the next to try to stay balanced.

Each time I have followed slimming world, me weighs normally go like this:

Week 1 - Between 4-6lbs loss
Week 2 - Between 2-3lbs loss
Week 3 onwards - 1-3lbs Loss with the odd gain or maintain thrown in.

This time round, all I seem to be able to lose is 1.5lbs per week!!! Why would this be?! Could my operation have affected me? Could it just be that my body is now used to slimming world? :confused:

I have lost every week so far and am really pleased with that - I just *WISH* it was happening quicker!!!

Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone have any thoughts as to why this may be happening?

Thank you :p

Well done you for loosing every week. :D

How long ago was your operation and was it a major one? I had a fairly minor procedure a couple of years ago and I felt "off" for about 4 months. I didn't attempt to diet then but your body has been through a trauma and it can throw everything out of wack. When I was 18 I had an appendectomy and the wound healed in 3 weeks but my core muscles took forever and I was fairly active at the time.

It could be a lot of things depending on if your body is at "normal" for you right now. How often do you go on and off plan for SW? It's possible that your body is now used to periodic bouts of SW and you won't loose as much water weight in the first few weeks. It might be hormonal or life stress related, its very difficult to make any judgement. If you really think you should be making better progress and there is something slowing you down go and see your GP and talk it over with them. Otherwise just try and celebrate the fact that the slow and steady loss means it is most likely fat and not lean muscle you are loosing.

Don't get disheartened. ... 1.5lbs per week is 78lbs in a year. ... You are moving in the right direction, it's not a race.... and from what I've seen the longer it takes to lose the easier it is to maintain x

Well done you for loosing every week. :D

How long ago was your operation and was it a major one? I had a fairly minor procedure a couple of years ago and I felt "off" for about 4 months. I didn't attempt to diet then but your body has been through a trauma and it can throw everything out of wack. When I was 18 I had an appendectomy and the wound healed in 3 weeks but my core muscles took forever and I was fairly active at the time.

It could be a lot of things depending on if your body is at "normal" for you right now. How often do you go on and off plan for SW? It's possible that your body is now used to periodic bouts of SW and you won't loose as much water weight in the first few weeks. It might be hormonal or life stress related, its very difficult to make any judgement. If you really think you should be making better progress and there is something slowing you down go and see your GP and talk it over with them. Otherwise just try and celebrate the fact that the slow and steady loss means it is most likely fat and not lean muscle you are loosing.

Thank you everyone!! I had a laparoscopy so physically healed now but maybe not emotionally, it was in August so quite recently. Maybe its the emotions that are actually my struggle?!

blubex, never thought of it that way either!! 78lbs = 5.5 stone which is actually about what I want to lose.

You guys have made me feel so much better! It's difficult when the losses don't show for ages. I remember when I last lost 2.5stone, I didnt lose a single dress size! so frustrating but I'll just keep going :p

Wow!! I'd love to lose 1.5lbs each week.
Take a look at my stats below......that may make you feel better!!

I believe the average weight loss is between 1-2 lbs per week anyway, so I'd say you are spot on. Even if some people have big losses, its very rare they happen every week and when its all averaged out, again the losses even out to 1-2 lb again.

I have joined SW so many times over the years, I really have lost count but my losses always vary. I have maintained on a first week weigh and lost as much as 6.5lbs at another first week weigh in. There is no rhyme or reason. Just have to keep on keeping on!!

1lb_fat.jpg

That's 1lb of fat. Keep in in mind when you think you've "only" lost so much! Every pound counts!

Oh thank you everyone! I lost 2.5lbs last night and got my 1/2 stone award so that's really given me some motivation and I have an exercise DVD to start tonight too. I guess you're all right really, any loss is great - but if only there was a button to click that would make my weight disappear! :eek: x

Well Done! :D Keep going and really try not to stress about it. I know its way easier said then done but it really helps if you remain as relaxed as possible about loosing. Obviously your doing the best things to maximise your losses with the DVD as well, good luck.

Oh thank you everyone! I lost 2.5lbs last night and got my 1/2 stone award so that's really given me some motivation and I have an exercise DVD to start tonight too. I guess you're all right really, any loss is great - but if only there was a button to click that would make my weight disappear! :eek: x

I have started and ditched diets so many times because I didn't lose the weight quick enough. ...I wanted a magic wand to wave so I could wake up on the morning looking the way I want to look. ... This is the first time I've not focused on that and I've said I'll get there in my own time. ... and it's worked. ...my weight has gone in the right direction and my body is shrinking. ... I'm looking forward to this time next year when I can look back at how I've changed over 12 months and I know it will be positive. ... I'm sure it will be for you too x

That's brilliant :) Just keep on going and do your best. That's all you can do :)

Back