Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

struggling with the water intake.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Purplepixie, 29 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Purplepixie

Purplepixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(27.87%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Uts my first day today and I am struggling with water. It doesn't help that I have wakened up with a sore throat and I struggled to swallow my porridge.

So farI have managed almost 2l but I feel water-logged and i'm sure I slush about when I walk. I am also bloody freezing :(:(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. haggard_hannah

haggard_hannah Proud to be a Loser!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The bloody freezing part is perfectly normal! Do you drink black tea or coffee? In a bind, these can help towards your water intake. And I remember feeling really sloshy when I first started, your body does get used to it though xx

4. Lazyhound

Lazyhound Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.63%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Yes, it does feel as if you are slooshing about for the first few days :eek: It will pass quite quickly though :)

I found drinking the water very hard at first until I started drinking the sparkling water. For me it made it so much easier.

Annie x

5. **sparkles**

**sparkles** Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(41.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It does get easier I promise. I could sometimes go almost a whole day without drinking anything, bad I know but I was just never thirsty. The first few days for me were really hard, but now I find that most days I can drink 2 1/2 litres without even thinking of it. The dry mouth makes sure of that! I can never drink more than 3 litres-but to get through even the required amount a day is a miracle for me. You'll be finding it second nature before you know it!

6. spooky

spooky Banned

You can take some paracetamol to help with the sore throat. Also, it is important that you drink 2 1/4 litres, so only another 1/4 litre to go. Unfortunately tea and coffee don't form part of the water intake. :)

7. Purplepixie

Purplepixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(27.87%)
    Diet:
    CD
    thanks ladies... currently on about 2.5 litres, I have a sports bottle that holds 1 litre, and I have finished two plus about a half of the third.

8. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    spooky, have you had your bubs yet?? I'm on FB and noticed last week you were getting a bit fed up!

xx

9. spooky

spooky Banned

Nope! Still waiting grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

10. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    :rolleyes: lol! How overdue are you now?? Wont be long! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.