Struggling with water

Wannabe Weeney

I struggling to drink the quantity of water I need. Everyday I make a pact to drink more and everyday I fail.

I never thought drinking water would be the most difficult aspect of the plan!

Is there anything I can add (im on induction) to make it more enjoyable? When I did Cambridge they did water flavourings although very expensive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks x

How much are you trying to drink???
I sometimes add lemon cordial from tesco its low carb :D

Thanks Vicky, im aiming for 2-3 litres a day. Will try the cordial thanks.

No problem. i find it helps if i drink directly from the bottle.

Hiya. Are you struggling to drink because boring or because you forget? (or combo :) )

I find if it's right by my hand it gets drunk, but if an empty glass/bottle or nothing there at all then I completely forget!

LVLLT said:
No problem. i find it helps if i drink directly from the bottle.

Same here, I found drinking water from a glass a struggle. Don't know why.

But I bought a couple of bottles of evian (the sports bottle type) and I just refill these. Now 3 litres goes down easy.

I used give myself times to have a litre by... so one by 11am, another by 2pm, another by 6pm etc etc... I used to end up guzzling the last bit but it helped me get the water down.x

I struggle in this cold weather as well, I still manage 8 -9 pints of water a day plus various mugs of Tea.

Add a tad of no added sugar squash.

I physically cannot drink plain water, it makes me gag, so throughout all the diets I've done, be it Atkins or Cambridge, I've always drunk my water with robinsons no sugar orange squash. It's 7 carbs for 1 litre, and that's an allowance I am willing to make.

Thanks for your replies, ive bought a water bottle to keep with me, hopefully that will remind me to keep drinking and will try the no sugar squash suggestion too. Thanks x

Back