struggling

scotwannabethin

Back to the grindstone!!
Okay, I need a kick up the backside from you guys!!
I am struggling, i am sticking to it but the weight is just not moving!! It's almost been a week and my motivation has gone down hill dramatically!
Yes, I know, I shouldn't be jumping on the scales every day but usually that is one of the things which drives me on through the day, knowing that it is making a difference but not this week.
I know it will eventually drop, just finding it hard to stay motivated right now.
I have no intention of straying but it is becoming more and more difficult, especially as the two guys I work with in the office are indulging in bacon butties right at this very moment in time. I wouldn't mind as I don't usually like them anyway but the smell is driving me to distraction and the "voices" are shouting in my lug to have some as my weight isn't dropping anyway!!
Arggghhhhh,........

Ack, it's annoying isn't it. You're getting closer to goal and I find that people about 2 stone away start getting what I call the 'close to goal very evil chatterbox' appear.

All sorts of things start popping into their heads "I look alright as I am", "I really don't need to do this anymore" "It's getting too hard now...I'm sure I could continue to lose by eating sensibly" (which thy rarely do if they drop off at this stage.

The scales start doing weird things and that doesn't help does it. Absolutely nothing wrong with weighing daily. I firmly believe that, but just to help up understand what's happening. Learning to interpret the scales correctly.

There's no doubt that if you are doing LL, you are losing fat. Absolutely has to work that way. So, whilst they are eating their bacon butties, your body is bubbling away burning that fat:clap:

So why aren't the scales behaving? Mainly because when the fat cells empty, then they often fill with water which then gets released as some stage and you get a whoosh.

The longer the scales stay the same, the bigger the whoosh is likely to be. Yay! enjoy watching it build:clap: But always remember, the fat is going...bubble, bubble, burn, burn. It's great to know that isn't it. That it's impossible not to lose fat on your diet:clap:

Look forward to that WHOOSH Scott.
KD is right - as ever!
Stick with it. The weight has got to come off.
I bet a bacon butty would feel all greasy now anyway.

Morning guys,
Thank you. Words of wisdom indeed! I was 1lbs down today, not quite a woosh but it's good as far as I am concerned and given me a little lift.
I know this works, just hard at times and I think the slowing down of the losses as you get lighter is a tough one for me too.
I want to be back down at "goal" yesterday which is a little unrealistic!!! But true!
I will stick it out and this time I am going to try and see if I can sort my head out for the long haul.
So many of you good folk manage it so I don't see why with a bit of hard work I can't either!
Thank you again for the very gently reminder of why I do this and a huge reminder of why I come on here!

Thanks for this thread, i need a kick up the backside too! Been on LL since June and getting fed up. Lost 4stone 9lbs and recently just been faffing around, nibbling some days, good the next - basically wasting my money and probably not in ketosis :(

Was good all day yesterday until i had to go into a shop to get change so what did i do :mad: bought a packet of monster munch. I want to keep losing sooo much (got about another 4stone to go) but cannot seem to help myself aarrrggghhh

Today is a fresh day and discovered vanilla shake added to my coffee this morning so thats great, and had tomato soup for lunch but soo need to keep focussed for the rest of the day (taking one day at a time at the moment) but on here for support ;)

hey Jennifer and well done for coming on here and admitting it. Draw a line under the past and move on. Make a plan for today and stick to it, you will feel so much better for it. 4 stone 9 gone, that's brill, head down and you can do the rest by summer!

Good luck x

Jen,
That loss is fantastic!! Well done, this certainly isn't the hardest program out there but then it isn't the easiest either.
The focus is the hard thing, the little voice in our head will always be there, it's just how we deal with it that counts. Sometimes, like this week for both of us, it seems to be absolutly shouting at us. That is the hard thing - being deafened by it and still ignoring it and sticking to what we know works.
I am being good today and as Gemma so rightly says, draw a line and start afresh. We know we can do it, you have or you wouldn't be over 4 stone lighter!!! Focus on that amazing achievment and the feeling you will have when you say goodbye to the other 4. It will be truly the most fantastic feeling!!!
Good luck, I am with you all the way!
SWBT xx

The voices are a terrible thing, especially with goal so close, and the losses slowing down... However, the disappointment of not going all the way far outweighs the small momentary relief one may feel by giving up early. I know this from first-hand experience!
I finished my first LL 'thing' early because the losses were non-existant for WEEKS... But the very fact that I didn't reach target to begin with led to feelings of failure and sabotage.

The second time I did LL Lite, I stuck it out. I had periods of 3 or 4 weeks of NO LOSSES AT ALL. I learnt to deal with this disappointment, and kept fighting. I reached my goal, and mentally I feel better for it. I now know I can fight through anything, and if I can learn to control myself and have the discipline not to rely on silly things like weight-loss-week-by-week and look at the BIGGER PICTURE of life achievement - then it all becomes clear.

The weekly losses are insignificant. It's how you use this TIME to your advantage, to grow, to learn and to implement your new found knowledge.

Have faith. :) The end is near.

x

Hey Scott, thanks for that. Yesterday was the first day i have been totally 100% in abstinence!! and im so pleased with myself and feel better for it already this morning. Each day at a time eh.....

Its this time of day i HATE.... :mad:

I'm leaving work at half 5 and already thinking about dropping in at the scotmid on the way home for a packet of ham and some salted peanuts. I don't know why but i have always believed that wont take me out of ketosis :eek:

I have just come on the forum to convince myself that i don't need anything from the scotmid and that i'll have my porridge when i get home....

If i was in the house tonight id be fine like i was last night but because im going to my bf's i know i'll be thinking about food all the time and have to drive past tesco and scotmid on my way to his ggrrrr

Thanks for listening, more trying to convince myself than anyone else :rolleyes:

Hello Jennifer
I hope you didn't give in to the temptation.
LL only works effectively if you stick to it 100% .

If you cheat, even if it doesn't take you out of ketosis you are only cheating yourself. It's a waste of money and also makes the weight loss take longer, but most importantly - you will know - and it's a horrible feeling.
Stick with it. You won't regret it.

Hello Jennifer
I hope you didn't give in to the temptation.

I didn't :bliss:

I just made sure i drove straight past the shop and once i was home i was fine :D

I feel so much better for it this morning and feel happy with myself....

This is my 3rd day in total abstinance so hopefully in ketosis soon if not already...

Thanks for the encouragment xx

Well done you ! Every day makes you feel stronger. By the week-end you'll be well into ketosis and shouldn't feel hungry any more.
xx:)

Back