Struggling

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
Hiya I'm doing a refeed for 4 weeks as I've got a few do's coming up and days in London & York.

I'm on day 4 of refeed and I'm struggling to have 3 meals a day. I've not been having LT or anything else for breakfast as I'm not hungry and I'm struggling to eat my 2 other meals. Last night I had potato for the first time and I felt so bloated afterwards. Just wondering if it would affect me having less than stated in the refeed and if I can have low carb veg and beans instead of meat like chicken as I find it really heavy in my stomach. Also do you have to have the bread and potatoes in the same day?

This has really thrown me as I thought I'd want to go back to old habits and be eating this, that and the other but I'm not wanting to eat hardly anything at all. Even when I do I only want light salad foods instead of wanting my carbs.

Hi Cathy -
It's not good to have too few calories - I reckon you should be having around 800-1000 a day in the first few days (only small meals, but the 2 LT products are quite high in calories) and then around 1300-1400 thereafter, going up to around 1600 for maintenance. It depends on your BMR, so those figures suited me (my BMR is about 1630), so yours may be different. The point is you'll go into starvation mode if you have too few calories, and then your body will start to store water and other things putting weight on. That could seriously affect your frame of mind.

Like the TFR bit, I'd stick to the rules 100% if you want the best results.

Good luck

Jon
xx

Thanks for advice Jon I'll get em down me lol. I know I have a really rubbish BMR as it comes with the hypothyroid package but if I do gain any by doing refeed I'll be back on TFR at the end of March anyway I was just planning on staying the same at worst until then.

It may just be that I've not adjusted to eating yet, may wake up tomorrow with an appetite now I've eaten carbs again. Will let you know how I get on x

Back