Struggling!

rosiepeace

Silver Member
Hi guys

As the title says i'm starting to struggle a fair bit at the moment. I'm trying to do mainly red and green days at the moment as I like having the extra healthy extra's.

However I'm struggling with eating fruit at the moment. I've never been a fruit lover as such - would rarely buy it and if I did then it usually went to either the husband or son and I wouldn't eat it.

Now I'm getting to the point where I really just can't face any fruit at all. I'm ok with my veg - will eat most of it (except mushrooms and tomatoes) and am happy enough to include these in my meals - even when they don't fit as such. :eatdrink051:

However between meals I'm struggling to find syn free stuff to munch on to keep me from picking at the boys chocolate. :17729:

Sorry about the long post. And thanks for reading this far. If anyone has any ideas for syn free snacks between meals or any ideas on how I can manage to eat some fruit. Or if anyone know what I mean that would be great! :sigh: :)

Hey hun

Sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment, I think we all have times like this and find it difficult to stick to things.

Not enjoying fruit is a shame, there are so many delicous fruits out there that can be enjoyed so freely. Have you tried fat free yoghurts like muller lights or Onken fat free.

If I'm struggling and looking for syn free foods to snack on sometimes I'll stick in some free Quorn Sausages and have an egg and some beans with it. You could also hard boil some eggs and keep them in the fridge to eat when you need a snack, or chop up a load of peppers and other salad items and keep them in a container in the fridge - if things are all ready prepared then you are less likely to go for the bad stuff. Make a syn free quiche and cut it into portions and keep it for a snacking moment. Keep slices of cold meats in the fridge to snack on or another thing you can do is spread some extra light cheese spread on a slice of meat and roll it up and have it that way. Keep some baby potatoes cold in the fridge, you can snack on those freely on Extra Easy and could syn a bit of salad cream or mayonnaise on them to give them a bit more taste.

Mug shots are great for a syn free snack and pot noodle do one now too, would n't recommend too many of them as its not good to fill up on processed foods but every now and then they are great. I love the Sweet and Sour one which is completely free.

If you fancy something sweet you could have sugar free jelly made up, very low in syns, I think 1 or 1 and a half per sachet and for a mouse kind of desert you can mix in a muller light or something slimilar.

Gosh I could go on for ages, its just about being prepared so when you are feeling like snacking on the kids chocolate you can quickly go to the fridge for something that is already prepared there.

Red days: Crab sticks/seafood sticks, cold cooked chicken or other meats.

Green days: Pasta salad / Rice salad (you don't need to eat a lot if you are just having it as a snack), mug shots

BOTH DAYS: Omeletes, veg crudites (carrots, cucumber etc) with a syn free dip (either veggie or a pate), SW quiche, cottage cheese, Mullers/yoghurts

Obviously the more fruit you eat, the more varied your diet - but if you don't like it, don't eat it!!!! This is a plan for life and it would be pretty miserable if you 'had' to eat foods that you didn't like!!!!

I've just re-read your post and with the comment about chocolate, I'm wondering if I've mis-understood, and you're asking for 'sweet' snacks??

Harley's jelly pots (sugar free) are only about 1/2 a syn each.
Mini meringues are only 1 syn each.

Can't think of anything else at the moment...... Hope that this helped a little...

Oops!! Crossed posts and *dammit* Alia's was better!!!

lol!! You had some great ideas in there too, I'm sure there is so much more we could add aswell - it was rather late when I wrote that :8855:

Some good advice above. In addition, you could try to save some of your HEB's and have them during snacks (ie-Ryvita WG CrackerBreads 6 allowed for a HEB, 2 Alpen Lights (HEB), Magic Porridge (muller mixed with Oats So Simple (HEB)) or have some low syn snacks (ice creams like Mini Twisters- 2 syns, Total 0% with a sachet of Skinny Cow Hot Chocolate (2 syns). May be a good idea to look in the Food Diaires section to see what others are having as snacks too.

Thank you so much for your helpful replies guys, I really do appreciate the time you have taken to reply to my message.

I've taken on board some of the replies here and I'm also going to have a look through some of the food diaries as well to get some more ideas.

Back