Struggling!!!

This is my second week on Slimming World after swapping from Weight Watchers. I had success on WW but unfortunatley I couldn't stick to counting points when going out for meals.
I am REALLY struggling to get my head around this diet. :cry:They say that it's not a diet and 'diet is a four letter word' but i'm just getting so frustrated at how restrictive it seems. I know alot of you are going to shout that it's not at all restrictive...but for me it is because i'm not used to eating a lot of meat and pasta and rice. I used to just eat for example a breaded chicken breast with salad and then fill up on cereal and chocolate (which is obviously how I put on weight)...but slimming world only allows cereals and milk as healthy extras and obviously chocolate is restricted. My first week I found I had migraines because I had no chocolate and hardly any food because i'm not at all good with cooking.
I hate how little chocolate you can eat! I know this sounds silly because it is a diet but it's 6 syns for a curly wurly?! On WW it was only 2.5 points.
I just wondered if anyone else was having the same problems? It also doesn't help that I don't have the time to cook or any recipe ideas so anything like that would also be much appreciated...i'm sure i'll find them somewhere but i'm new atm.
Sorry for the rant!:)
Stacie =]

I used to just eat for example a breaded chicken breast with salad and then fill up on cereal and chocolate (which is obviously how I put on weight)...but slimming world only allows cereals and milk as healthy extras and obviously chocolate is restricted.

but hun you can still eat that!! try having a red day, wrap your chicken breast in a slice of bacon or parma ham, and obviously your salad is free :) you could have a bowl of cereal and milk for your HexA and HexB, you could even have extra cereal to be your second B choice, and then you still have 15 syns worth of chocolate to play with! at the end of the day, you will probs have to decrease your choccie intake, but it doesnt mean to say you cant have any - you could have 3 freddos! (5 syns each) or a wispa (11 syns) or snickers (15?:confused:) dont get disheartened lovely, we've all been there xx

- you could have 3 freddos! (5 syns each) or a wispa (11 syns) or snickers (15?:confused:)

That is actually really helpful! I had no idea what syns were in chocolate...3 freddos sounds pretty achievable! Obviously slimming world has worked for you and others so I will keep at it...everyone keeps telling me the first few weeks are the worst! xx

That is actually really helpful! I had no idea what syns were in chocolate...3 freddos sounds pretty achievable! Obviously slimming world has worked for you and others so I will keep at it...everyone keeps telling me the first few weeks are the worst! xx

you're welcome ;) if you go into the syn values section of the forum and do a search of your fave choccie bars, they should come up :) ive just checked, and i was wrong about the freddos they're actually 5.5 syns but the caramel ones are 5 syns!

it has worked really well for me i absolutely love it, but i wasnt really a big choccie fan before SW, im more of a savoury snacker! kfc, toast, etc :eek: definitely keep at it, you'll soon know what works for you and eventually it just becomes second nature :) good luck hun i hope it works out for you xx

Why not try a chocolate Options for a choccy "fix". Most are only about 2 syns per serving and can be used as a hot drink or simply stirred into fat free yoghurt or fromage frais. You could use your HEXA to make a chocolate milkshake.

Or I have heard that there are some choccy cereal bars (Alpen light I think - I haven't tried them as I live in France & can't get them here) where you can have 2 as a HEXB - you don't have to eat both at the same time, so you can spread the "treat" over the day.

Stick at it - you may find as you lose weight you don't need chocolate so much and the headaches are purely withdrawal symptoms that will go away after the initial shock to the system.

There are some kelloggs bars (cant remember the name, I'm sure someone else will post with the name) that are a HexB that are really great for choc-o-holics!

I love chocolate, and these have been a life saver.

I have done WW in the past and must prefer SW. I dont have to count the points of fruit and dont spend my time walking round the supermarket with a calculator working out points of everything!

I found on WW I would eat rubbish as I was allowed to if it was within my points, but SW encourages me to make healthier choices.

There are some kelloggs bars (cant remember the name, I'm sure someone else will post with the name) that are a HexB that are really great for choc-o-holics!

I love chocolate, and these have been a life saver.

They're kelloggs fibre plus bars. X

The fibre plus bars i think just hit the spot for a chocky fix and even better that you can have one for a heb.good luck:).xx

Theres plenty of chocolate to still have, personally i save my syns mostly for chocolate as that to me is what makes it not feel like a diet.
If you buy the multipack of choc buttons, the snack packs are only 4 syns so you could have several. Also the skinny cow double chocolate icecreams are only 4.5 and they feel like quite a bit hit.
You can still have alot of things you had before just slightly adapted.
I never used to cook either and breaded chicken was a fav but i now do try some receipes and once you get into it you may find you like it.
I can highly recommend the speedy bangers and beans from the new comfort food booklet in the new sw mag YUM.

The fact that you are now getting headaches from not eating as much chocolate says to me that you were eating far to much - it's really not good for you. Sorry to be so down on you but SW is a healthy eating plan which means that you should, over time, learn how to make healthy choices when choosing your food which makes you a healthy and slim person. I know it's difficult to start with but I really find that now I've been doing SW for a while I really don't want to stuff my face with chocolate all the time, which is really what got me in this mess in the first place.
Hope I don't sound too harsh or have offended anyone it's just that I strongly believe that SW is not just about loosing weight it's about being healthy as well. xx

You know what I think some of the problem is sweetie...its that you think 6 syns for a choccy that was 2.5 points sounds so much more but your points on WW had to cover everything...It is perfectly feasible on SW if you really wanted to to have pretty much no syns on your meals and save them all for choccy....How much choccy could you eat on WW for you points? If you spent the majority of your points on choc then I hate to tell you but that is not a healthy balanced diet at all and your consultant should have picked up on that.

Persevere as I honestly do believe SW is so much more flexible and make sure you allocate yourself choccy or else you will not stick with it xx

This is my second week on Slimming World after swapping from Weight Watchers. I had success on WW but unfortunatley I couldn't stick to counting points when going out for meals.
I am REALLY struggling to get my head around this diet. :cry:They say that it's not a diet and 'diet is a four letter word' but i'm just getting so frustrated at how restrictive it seems. I know alot of you are going to shout that it's not at all restrictive...but for me it is because i'm not used to eating a lot of meat and pasta and rice. I used to just eat for example a breaded chicken breast with salad and then fill up on cereal and chocolate (which is obviously how I put on weight)...but slimming world only allows cereals and milk as healthy extras and obviously chocolate is restricted. My first week I found I had migraines because I had no chocolate and hardly any food because i'm not at all good with cooking.
I hate how little chocolate you can eat! I know this sounds silly because it is a diet but it's 6 syns for a curly wurly?! On WW it was only 2.5 points.
I just wondered if anyone else was having the same problems? It also doesn't help that I don't have the time to cook or any recipe ideas so anything like that would also be much appreciated...i'm sure i'll find them somewhere but i'm new atm.
Sorry for the rant!:)
Stacie =]

You need to totally change your mindset from WW for SW to work.
You may only be allowed a certain amount of cereal or milk or chocolate but you are allowed an unlimited amount of meats, fish, potatoes, pasta, rice, beans, vegetables and fruit.
Change what you eat. If you filled up on cereal on WW then fill up on something else on SW.
Why is 6 syns a lot for a curly wurly? That 6 syns is in addition to your HEX's and all that free and superfree food! The 2.5 points came out of your daily allowance on WW.

I don't have much sympathy for the "I don't have time to cook" line I'm afraid - we all have time to cook some pasta and add a quick sauce made from veg, tomatoes and some tuna or chicken for example. You can even buy ready diced peppers and onion and carrot to cut down prep time. How long does it take to stick a jacket potato in the oven and then add some beans and salad?
Recipes can be found in the SW magazines, there are loads to choose from, or in the recipe sub forum on here, or why not buy a cook book from group? The EE cookbook is great!

Agree 100% with Jaylou, everyone can cook something,It's only as complicated as you make it and there are some fab recipes on here

Back