struggling

kellieanne

hi all im really struggling at the moment, spent the last week in and out the doctors and hospital and have been given tablets for the pain but can only take them with food, felt really down and tonight i have cracked and eaten.
i love the diet and any normal week i feel great but now im feeling so bad for cracking :(

Kellieanne.. Don't beat yourself up about it hun... It is just a small blip, and you obviously haven't been well x x

Most of us have slipped up, but it is a very hard diet. You have done so well up to now, and you will do again x x

Tomorrow is a new day, so don't fret about it, and start afresh tomorrow x x

did you talk to your doctor about your options? parhalps the shakes might count as food or your pharmacist could advise you what food to take...parhaps some chicken or something to help you stay in keytosis. your health is the most important thing!!!!! dont worry you will be just fine. xx

Well. As the others have said, tomorrow is another day. You could always stick to chicken/fish/protein nd salad for the duration of d medication. Seems like youv been really poorly, hope your feeling okish? Maybe you could have d crajacks wiv your medication, seems more substantial then the shakes? Let us know how you get on.

hang on in there girl, you haven't come this far without determination, you just need a tiny bit more at the mo. you can do it!

Kellieanne you have done 7 weeks so so well you
can do this there is no doubt it is hard you can do
it X

Kellieann I am taking drugs for my arthritis that need to be taken with food or they can cause stomach bleeds. I take them the minute that I have finished my shake, I was told that you need to have a full stomach but that it can be full of liquid it doesn't have to be food! Check with your doctor as to the exact nature of your medication.....

Don't beat yourself up sweetheart, you might need to take a break but you can always come back. Don't think of this blip as the end od your weight-loss journey....

hi all im really struggling at the moment, spent the last week in and out the doctors and hospital and have been given tablets for the pain but can only take them with food, felt really down and tonight i have cracked and eaten.
i love the diet and any normal week i feel great but now im feeling so bad for cracking :(
which meds have they put you on?
Hope you don't mind me asking that, but I'm on meds that can only be taken with food which is diclofenac 3 times a day and tramadol 4 times a day along with a couple of other meds. I take the diclo with my shakes and have not had any problems with it.

If you are concerned just go straight to your pharmacist as they are the ones who know more about medical drugs.

which meds have they put you on?
Hope you don't mind me asking that, but I'm on meds that can only be taken with food which is diclofenac 3 times a day and tramadol 4 times a day along with a couple of other meds. I take the diclo with my shakes and have not had any problems with it.

If you are concerned just go straight to your pharmacist as they are the ones who know more about medical drugs.

Yup, I'm on diclofenac too, twice a day and co-dydramol or dihydrocodeine when the pain is so bad that I have to dose up and just go to bed! A friend who is a nurse said that there is also a magnesium mixture that coats stomachs too (something like the indigestion stuff) and I'm going to ask about that when I see the doctor next. Meanwhile I'm desperate to try and lose another 2 stone before the op.

Ah you poor honey. Right now you have to get yourself through the pain. The shakes are food so any meds should be taken with shake. But if you feel you need the comfort of food to her you through just stick to hot drinks and protein foods, youl stay in ketosis

thanks everyone for ur reply

i asked my doctor if i could take the pain killers with my shakes and he got really funny about me even being on the shakes.
im going back on tfr tomor and want to get back into it as i feel so much better when im on it

thanks for ur support xx

thanks everyone for ur reply

i asked my doctor if i could take the pain killers with my shakes and he got really funny about me even being on the shakes.
im going back on tfr tomor and want to get back into it as i feel so much better when im on it

thanks for ur support xx

Funny isn't it how opinions differ within the medical profession! I first did LT back in 1997 under the supervision of my doctor and lost 2 1/2 stone in 7 weeks which I managed to keep off until 2005 when I had an emergency hysterectomy and then a series of operations on a shattered leg in 2006. I mentioned to my surgeon 2 weeks ago that I was doing this prior to my hip replacement and he was fine with it, he even encouraged me!

Why so different I wonder?

i know they all seem to have different opinions on it the other doctors i have spoken to about it think its fine, oh well theres always one lol

I went the the doctors once and asked about help losing weight.... She was really helpful....... Told me To buy rosemary conellys book, it always works for her....!!!

I went again for help, after I changed doctors, and he told me..... Weight for it.... This is classic...... Don't eat, drink coke and coffee and that's it, you will lose weight!!!

Couldnt quite believe either of them

but my current doctor is well behind me on this, as long as I go and see him every 6 weeks so he can keep an eye on me...

Did your 2nd doctor tell you that you would lose the weight cos your teeth would rot after drinking all that coffee and coke, so you wouldn't be able to eat solid food!!! lol x x

All docs are different my doc thinks lipotrim is ridiculous and handed me a book on addiction

What are you supposed to be addicted to??

i think any doctor health professioanl just have different bedside manners... imagine getting advice off Dr House! i dont think there is a wrong or right answer here, if you need to take meds just experiment carefully.... some chicken with pills would be OK if you cant do them on shakes... i take valiums/painkillers/sleep pills and never had a problem with em on liquids... just use your common sence and gage a general consensous of different opinions...

Back