Struggling...

Hi i feel much better today actually, thought it would be harder being at work but feeling good! At least i am learning that hunger doesn't kill me! Good idea to keep busy, i was thinkin about the cinema but then there's all the temptations too!x

Mmmm! Cinima could be good and bad! If you can drown out the noise of others munching and run in with a bag over your head to avoid snack area then you should be ok! Take a bottle of h2o ( killing 2 birds with 1 stone!) enjoy the film!!!

If you can save a bar until movie time, do that. Always helps me if I feel I have something to munch on to avoid the snacks! :)

Try and stick with it,my husband was munching on onion rings last night omg the smell i just wanted them,i had to go have a bath.My mum insisted on showing me chocolate birthday cake she had bought me,which she knew i couldnt have and kept saying ooh that looks a really lovely cake,then the cheesecake shed bought then the slab of cheese the list goes on, then my friend bought me a gorgeous looking chocolate cake but i made her take it home..........if we could hide in a cave on our own from start to finish it would be so much easier!!!! xx

Not sure I could face the cinema yet. The ingrained habits that a film just isn't as good without the snacks would be really difficult to overcome - just too tempting for me at the moment. But maybe you could slice a bar into loads of very small pieces & sit with it as kind of a snack??

It's so good to hear it gets better! My friend advised me to take a big drink of water and do something I really hate like polish off a basket of ironing or clean out cupboard under the sink!! Makes you feel better for doing it and distracts your mind!

A BIG drink of water, and tackling a job I hate, would probably have the opposite effect on me lol. I would want to run, very far and very fast, from that arduous task. But if it works for you, great!

Mmmm! Cinima could be good and bad! If you can drown out the noise of others munching and run in with a bag over your head to avoid snack area then you should be ok! Take a bottle of h2o ( killing 2 birds with 1 stone!) enjoy the film!!!

I used to take a bar to the cinema, too. And a drink.

Recently my brother took me to see the most recent Harry Potter. I had not seen Part 1 (lol) nor indeed had I seen many HP films, not even at home; this trip was a birthday treat.

As we sat, bro, my niece and my nephew, we could hear people all around us rustling packs, munching and crunching. The group directly behind us, I swear, guzzled goodies from start to finish, and loudly slurped drinks. The noise from the row behind was considerable - and the volume of junk they consumed, almost scary.

When the lights came up and we were getting ready to leave I noticed that this family group of six, probably Mum, Dad and four older kids, were all very overweight. And it made me sad. They left behind a pile of wrappers, containers, packs... I can only guess at the unhealthy future that awaits them, particularly the young teens.

The next time you go to the cinema and do NOT eat junk, be proud that, regardless of how much you want those carby treats, you are choosing to NOT have them. Enjoy your bar or Tetra or whatever, enjoy the film, enjoy the occasion without guilt or fear.

And think, too, of how much money you will be saving on exorbitant cinema snack prices!

Hi Guy's

I am on day 2 feel okay but I am worried about tomorrow. Please does it really get easier because this is rather tough :cry:

Lou

Bless loulou yes it gets better and you might even be lucky and this is your worst day and you feel loads better tomorrow. Not everyone finds day 3 hard it depends on what your body has stored, mine was day 2 tea time and night so I had an early night felt great the next day x

Thanks Mama,

I really want to stick to this and I feel that I might just do it!!!, it's the thought of this weekend and evening making dinner for my family that sends me into total panick!!
xx

Definitely gets easier, i m day 6 and feeling better its a battle of the mind really, the hunger passes , just have to get thru it! Stick with it!x

Back