Struggling

anna13

Hey everyone,

I'm on week 7 of SS and I'm really struggling with going to the loo. In the last 3 weeks I've been twice. I'm in really bad pain today with it, I've taken senna I'm drinking slimming tea and I've even eaten some veg to see if that helps. Nothing! It's affecting my weightloss too which is so disheartening. Can anyone help?? Getting desperate!!

Xxx

I am on week 8 and have suffered with this on and off, the only things that worked for me were drinking more water, green tea and moving to 810. My losses have been good as so far i have lost 39 pounds. Its not worth suffering as this diet is so extreme anyway without being constipated as well xx

What about trying colonic irrigation! Last time after 6 weeks of ss I had it done every week to keep my bowel hydrated and helped with weight loss! Didn't need to this time as on ss+. It's fine! Just a bit uncomfortable in your tummy but the therapist was great. Made it all very easy!

If you are in really bad pain and have only been to the toilet twice in 3 weeks you seriously need to consider coming off this diet immediately. If it was just a few days or so and no pain, then yes, colonic irrigation or an increase in veg might be worthwhile exploring - under the circumstances you describe though - you need to take a break.

Feel better soon.

Psyllium husks are the way forward people! Someone on here recommended to me as i had one err, experience that was so agonizing jt left me in tears and the husks have sorted me right out! I take 2, 3 times a day as recommended and i 'go' quite comfortable at least every other day. Give them a whirl i reckon :)

I took dulcolax in week 3 as I was in bad pain and omg they work but I was in agony with stomach cramps - they're strong lol I now have 2 bars a day n they have really helped! I don't need to take extra fibre or any other laxatives, it might be worth a shot but get yourself 'cleared' first & ask your CDC wot she recommends (as mine suggested dulcolax) as I say I haven't had any probs since week 3 n I'm now about to start week 14 xx

I'm on week three and been twice since I started. I even had an 810 day full of meat and still no joy. Where do you get these husks from as senna didnt work for me it took about two and a half days. I'm taking the fibre powder twice a day and not uncomfortable but am conscious of it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

KatieNicholson said:
I'm on week three and been twice since I started. I even had an 810 day full of meat and still no joy. Where do you get these husks from as senna didnt work for me it took about two and a half days. I'm taking the fibre powder twice a day and not uncomfortable but am conscious of it x

Holland and barret love :)

KatieNicholson said:
Thanks I'll grab some Thursday when in town x

I really found they have made me go 'normally' again, unlike when i tried senakott and had to sprint to the loo :-s x

Caroline_Louise said:
I really found they have made me go 'normally' again, unlike when i tried senakott and had to sprint to the loo :-s x

Senna did nothing it took 36 hours to work n hardly a bean. I may need to do ss+ CDC said but I find I get carried away with the food amounts lol xx

KatieNicholson said:
Senna did nothing it took 36 hours to work n hardly a bean. I may need to do ss+ CDC said but I find I get carried away with the food amounts lol xx

Well i started on step2, never did anything lower and still had mega issues, but everyone is different. See how you go with the husks, i know they work for lots of folks but i think u needro five them a cair go of a few days. But at the end of the day it is never worth being uncomfortable so of stil does nothing def worth doing ss+ :) x

I'm not uncomfy just paranoid really as a nurse I know it's not right. I'll defo give em a go Ta hun xx

Back