Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

STS ?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by NikkiD, 16 January 2011 Social URL.

1. NikkiD

NikkiD Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    My first week I had a great loss, 5.5lb, but on my 2nd weigh in I sts. I was guttered as I have been 100%.

The only thing I can think it may have been was I had a banana everyday and I didnt have as many syns as the first week. In my first week I had between 12 and 15 every day and last week I probably had about 5 a day.

Can any one let me know if these things could have caused me to sts as I am confused and it has but me in a bad frame of mind.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

my advice is to look at your weight losses over 4 weeks, not week to week.

I have been doing SW for over a year now, and some weeks i would maintain or STS for no reason....the next week i would lose again - everyone is different, so just keep to plan and i promise the weight will come off.

Banana's are free foods - so unless you mush/mash them (like in a smoothie) or cook them you can eat these freely. I think you may have had too little syns. The minimum is 5 a day, and the recommended is 8-12. Try to up your syns and dont be worried by doing this - its part of the plan rules....!

Good luck xxx

4. MrsBabyCakes

MrsBabyCakes Naughty Fridge Picker

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.21%)
    Diet:
    Low fat, Low Carb, High Protein, SW tweaked
    Elle took the words right out of my mouth. Definitely look at your weight loss over a month, it will even out. Dont get despondent, sometimes your body trys to hoard your fat in reaction, it will sort itself out.

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i had a STS in my 2nd or 3rd week. couldn't understand but then i realised that i'd reduced my syns from 12-15 a day down to around 8 a day. i upped my syns and got a good loss the following week!

6. Miss82

Miss82 Member

It's always so good to read that we should be eating more syns to lose weight!

7. sunnies

sunnies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to hear you're disappointed. Congrats on week ones loss though!
    I lost 5.5 lbs last week following Xmas and looked on my scales this week and I've put on at least a pound! No reason for it at all bit think I was just really flukey last week.
    Our bodies work in mysterious ways!

8. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    I have done SW a few times 'blush' - more than a few times - bigger blush. It really doesn't matter what you lose in your first week (although a big loss does spur us all on to try a bit harder the 2nd week etc) and yes I have been disappointed with a STS the 2nd week and even a gain one time in the 2nd week !

HOWEVER, from experience I have found that about 20 weeks into the plan I have always lost about between 20 - 28 lb's - no matter whether I've had gains or losses or stay the sames - 20 weeks into plan it's about 2 stones'ish.

So, don't feel disheartened - keep that chin up - do as good again this week on plan and you;'ll probably have that loss this week - and 20 weeks in - post again and let us know how much you've lost.

Good luck.

9. NikkiD

NikkiD Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks to u all for your support and advice, still giving it my all as I love SW, it is so great to be able to eat nice foods and know they are free. Heres to a loss this week

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.