STS

enlightenme2

Life is brass right now
Following yesterday's confused SS+ calorie consumption question, I have another one for you fellow exercising gals:

What is the longest you have stayed STS? I don't get it, my weight REFUSES to budge! It's been over 10 days now. I do everything to the book, drink 4.5 - 5liters of water a day etc. Please explain this to me? :cry::cry::cry:

enlightenme2 said:
Following yesterday's confused SS+ calorie consumption question, I have another one for you fellow exercising gals:

What is the longest you have stayed STS? I don't get it, my weight REFUSES to budge! It's been over 10 days now. I do everything to the book, drink 4.5 - 5liters of water a day etc. Please explain this to me? :cry::cry::cry:

Hey. Just commented on your other post. Do you think it's due to exercise? Forgive me if I've confused you as I can't see your signature on my phone, but you teach Zumba don't you? I've read on other posts that this has happened then they've moved up to 810 and all working again x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I feel for you as I have lost 1lb in the past 2 weeks.

But exactly the same thing happened last time I did Cambridge at exactly the same time. No idea why but I know by the laws of food that I must lose weight soon!

Fingers crossed for you too!

Hey. Just commented on your other post. Do you think it's due to exercise? Forgive me if I've confused you as I can't see your signature on my phone, but you teach Zumba don't you? I've read on other posts that this has happened then they've moved up to 810 and all working again x

Hey, no that would be great things!!

ok maybe i will get told off for saying this.... butttt.... this happened to me when i did lipotrim... and then i got fed up and i ate. and then the next day i went back on to it... and that week i lost. but ur doing ss+ right ? what did ur cdc say?

Maybe r metabolism has slow down !! N that can happen I did two solid weeks n lost 3lb was I gutted oh wot.... I'm hoping for a damn good loss next week as I have two days off wiv bdays n my skinny 14 jeans r hanging off me!! Yet wen I bought em 6weeks ago they barley went up my thigh lol... Abit gutted I won't get much wear out of em!! But hang in der n get ur inches measured aswel sometimes we don't loose owt but loose a great few inches xc

enlightenme2 said:
Hey, no that would be great things!!

Ah sorry ;( pass then. But it's got to catch up eventually so stay strong x

I can only echo what others have said - you may simply be eating too little food for your particular body and metabolism. Cambridge, like any other diet (including my beloved Atkins) does not 'work' in the very same way for everyone. Our bodies try to save our lives; they think we are eating 500 calories a day because that is as much food as we can find. The body has no clue we are 'starving' on purpose. So, to keep us alive, heart beating, breathing, etc for the longest time possible it slows down the rate at which we burn fuel - i.e. - it lowers our metabolic rate.

I must say here that many on this site, on VLCDs, will disagree with me. There is a common belief that TFR diets 'protect' us from starvation due to their high nutritional content. Not so. The generous protein levels help to minimise, but not totally prevent, the muscle loss that accompanies fat loss. And, technically, the body is not being 'starved' of the bare minimum of nutrients needed for reasonably healthy survival. Nonetheless I believe that such a low daily intake, over a long period of time, has a significant slowing effect on metabolic rate. I don't see how that can be avoided. Regardless of the nutritional value of the packs, they total around 500 calories per day which is of course way too low for 'normal' life.

I first did Cambridge 20 years ago and, again, in 2007. I found that I needed far fewer calories afterwards to maintain without regaining FAST and pretty soon I had to exercise like a mad thing every single day. It took ages for me to be able to eat more than 1000 calories a day without seeing real (not water) regular regains on the scales, week by week.

I dealt with it by increasing calories very very slowly and by cutting out most sugars and starches. I doubt I will ever be able to eat generous amounts of any kind of food but I know for a fact that for me the only way to maintain is to low carb.

If losses stall or slow for weeks on end then it may be time to move up a step or two. Even on Atkins people stall or slow when they eat too little!

Back