stubbing out the cigs.........

*pinkprincess*

okay i know this is dangerous, but ive decided to quit smoking today!!! :D im on week 4 of WW, and ideally i would have liked to have been doing WW a few months before deciding to quit-but im determined today is the day that i quit for good.
im a bit nervous about weight gain. im gunna stick to my points 100% (or at least try to!) im gunna make some veg soup today too, so that if im feeling bored and need to eat, i can have something healthy! ive heard that when you first quit smoking your metabolism changes, and can slow right down, so can cause small weight gain in the first few weeks.....eeeek:eek:

has anyone else quit smoking while on WW and noticed weight gain, or have any tips about managing eating while trying to quit?
anyone else want to join me?
xx

Be careful you arent setting yourself too many goals. It can be a lot to ask of your body! Make sure you have something to do with your hands as well. Carrot sticks and knitting!!!

Unfortunately im one of those people who decided a long time ago i couldnt be bothered to go out for a ciggie and havent been out since so im no good on giving up cold turkey.

i know, but its medical reasons that ive decided to quit-and also the fact that im due to have an op soon (on a waiting list) and before i see the consultant i need to have quit smoking otherwise he wont go through with it-and that appointment could come through after christmas-or tommorow! lol
ive got some peppers ill chop up later and munch on lol! and ive got plenty of odd jobs i could e getting on with too!
xx

Back