stuck on scales

Dahlia Rose

Silver Member
last time i did this diet i was so good at not checking my weight and waiting till me weigh in now im jumping on the scales every time i need a wee which is alot!! helpppp im driving myself mental

Throw the scales out, I'm a demon for weighing myself constantly and I've had to cut it out as i'm driving myself mental!

Get rid of the scales and stick to your weekly weigh in xx

its a nightmare i was so good last year but now all im doing is standing in front of the mirror in my bra and pants thinking is that fat going is this bit going....last time i just got on with my life

I am exactly the same and I think because I did so well the last time that I'll get the same results... last time I lost 8lbs in the first week so I keep checking the scales to see if I'll hit that target again and it's driving me mad because I don't think I will and then I have a wee and then I do think I will and then later on that evening after drinking all day I'll be up on what I was that morning! I just can't help myself! I live on my own too so not as if there's anyone here to stop me ;)

Take your scales to the charity shop. Hopping on and off the scales during the day is an addiction. It's a burden we can well do without. I had the same problem. I was driving myself crazy until I set myself free and got rid of the scales.

The scales aren't bad - it's more your reaction to what you see. About 6 years ago I lost 7.5 stone with WW ( took me 2 years to lose and 2 years to put it all back on again!) but I weighed every day and it didn't harm me at all but it depends on the person you are. If I'd stayed the same or gained then I would make an extra effort before weigh-in to lose some more. If I had lost, that would encourage me even more so I was lucky - in a rare win-win situation!
Some people though (maybe you V?) get downhearted or anxious with the old scales so you may be better storing them in your loft or shed or boot of your car for a couple of weeks until you kick the habit?
I haven't bothered too much with the scales with LT cos I like the surprise of the weigh-in. It's a bit like peeking under the wrapping paper of a present before you're allowed to open it? I don't want it to be an anti-climax or let-down! :D

Haha that's so funny I always secretly look at my presents! I'm so lame I swear I'm 25 but I'm such a child!! I left the scales and bought a pair of heels!! Woop woop!

Back