Stuck & self sabotage :(

mrsthunderbolt

Silver Member
So tomorrow marks 1 year since I started my weight loss plan. I am really pleased with myself for what I have achieved so far but getting really fed up with small losses/gains.

I was in self sabotage mode yesterday, why I why do I do this to myself? All I want to do is loose this last 2 stone & get into my 14s with breathing room.

I swear my belly is getting bigger not smaller!

try to focus on what you have achieved so far, which well done by the way! we all have bad days I used to go into self destruct mode if I say went out to eat I'd think that's my plan ruined for the day and feed my face with rubbish for the rest of the day, the trick is if you have a bad meal/day/days just write them off and start again if you go down the route of beating yourself up and feeling guilty it will make you feel worse and therefore sabotage yourself even further (this I find the case for me anyway!) a good way I find is to try mixing things up so you don't get bored, try mixing your days up EE, red, green depending on what you fancy and plan your week around this - planning is key so you don't get caught out!

Also I use my syns as 'treats' helps me feel like I'm having a bot of what I want even though I'm sticking to my allowance - my favourites at the moment being velvet crunch (4 syns) and a highlights hot chocolate (2 syns) so each night I sit down to watch the telly I know I can snack on these and thus keep away my cravings to binge on crisps and chocolate and that seems to work for me! also why not try making up some soups they can be cheap and filling and can boost your losses....

Wow you've lost loads, I can only aspire to be that close to goal. Keep going, you can do it. I second lots of superfree soups to get your throguh hungry moments and save your syns for treats, I save mine for a night time treat too or have a highlights drink and my Alpen Lights so I feel like I'm having a treat. You are so close, keep going ... you've done amazingly well so far.

wow what a fab loss so far, I know our losses are poles apart but...

I lost 2 stone in about a year then stuck there for 5 months, I only had another half a stone to go after that but just couldn't get there. In the new year I added bowdy magic into the mix and the las half stone just dropped off.

Maybe you need to make some radical change to get kick started again, but once again WOW!!!!! 7 and a half stone in less than a year, I take my hat off to you xx

wow!!! Fantastic weightloss, well done!

Thanks for the replies. Sometimes just getting it on here helps. Had another bad day today but that was again triggered by sneaky peeking.

I am going to try my hardest not to weigh in until next week's official weigh. Also had a chat with my consultant & I am going to try Success Express, I think I have been very lucky up until now & not had to worry about 1/3rd superfree so I am going to give myself a kick start. If this doesn't work then it's Fast Forward time!

Mrsthunderbolt - I know exactly how you feel. I've been yo-yoing a lot this year too - feels like I haven't been able to get back on track properly since Christmas! I think it's partly because we've both been doing SW so long, so it doesn't feel fresh any more. I know I struggle to get back on track once I've had a slip-up. And it's partly because I don't feel as unhealthy and out of shape as I did, so a little of the impetus has gone - I mainly want to lose more weight now out of vanity, rather than for health reasons, so I feel less compelled to be strict with myself!

I ended up joining a class for a fresh start, as I've been doing it online up to now. It's going well, and I'm hoping that now the sun is out as well I'll find it a little easier to stay on track! I guess we just need to keep plugging away at it, and we'll get there in the end!

Back