Stuck...success express?

Anti222

Hello all!

For the past 4 or so weeks I seem to have been hovering within the same couple of pounds. I'll have good days, then bad days, binge days and back to good days so I seem to be stuck in a rut and I really want to get under 14 stone 9 lbs as I think that will kick me back into the right mindframe. I keep seeing 14.9 and 14.10 on the scales and I'm fed up with it now. I know I'm messing it up with the bad days and it has to stop!

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a full week of success express , starting tomorrow. I do SW from home and haven't been to group since success express was introduced so I've just found information about it on here and will give it a go. From what I can tell, it's 2/3 superfree with every meal, 1/3 free with every meal, HEAs and Bs as usual and up to 15 syns a day (counting the higher of the syn values). Is that right?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has hit a wall like this and tried a week of success express to boost weight loss and whether you've found it successful? Any weight loss would be great but I really want to get my head back in it. I'm going to 2 weddings at the end of October and I'd really like to be around the 14 stone mark (or under it!) by that point so that I can fit into my cute gold and black dress again :) Any words of wisdom from your own experiences would be gratefully received :)

Hi Anti, I do SE sometimes but could never manage a whole week. I do maybe two days then stick a red or green day in, because I find it really hard (not being a salad or veggie lover, sadly). Also I'm usually quite hungry all the time on SE, which I can cope with for a couple of days but no longer! I find it does work, as a boost, but don't be afraid to have a red/green/EE day or two in the middle of the week if you need to, that would be way better than going off the rails and cheating! Oh, and you get 1 or 2 HexA and 2 HexB on SE, same as red or green, and if you have a syn item that's different numbers on red and green you need to take the highest one of the two. Good luck...

Thanks for your reply swansong1a, good idea mixing in a red or green day with them. If I find I'm wanting to cheat or get too hungry I'll give that a go. Here's hoping it works!

Hi, I have started to do days of success express because of the same reason - my weight loss had slowed and I was hovering around the same numbers! It really boosted my weight loss and gave me the encouragement I needed to keep going. Make sure you snack on super free foods between meals. Good luck :)

Thanks! It's great to hear that it works well, I'm hoping that I'll have a nice weight loss boost after a few days on it. First day today and so far so good :)

Can I join you? I've put half a stone on since I stopped going to group and I keep losing and gaining back the same two pounds - I've got a stone to lose overall. I just can't seem to get motivated - maybe I don't really believe I can get there. A bit of SE should help, shouldn't it?

Hi smallmole! Definitely join in, I know how you're feeling. I'm on day 2 now and its going well, the best thing is I've managed to resist snacking in the evenings as I know I can't. Weighed in this morning and I've stayed the same (again) so after a few days I'm hoping for a decent loss. Its hard sometimes to keep your head in it after a good loss but don't give in! You already know you can do it, now its just finding the best way to get there and I think a quick boost of SE is what I need

Best of luck to you guys! Keep us posted and let us know how you do! When are your next weighing in days?

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm determined to stick with this for a week now, just to see the difference it makes. My WI is Tuesday morning so will report back then with my weight loss results :) Starting weight (this morning) was 14 stone 9 lbs.

I'm currently 14st10 and weigh on a Tuesday night. I've decided to try a week of success express so ill take up the challenge with you :)

Welcome aboard 3106Catherine! Day 3 of SE for me and I'm starving! Not a big problem as there's nothing for me to snack on at work and I'm planning my meals in advance but I find that vegetables and fruits really don't fill me up for very long. I'll power through though! :D

Yes, you're having the same issue I have - stay strong today and have that red/green/EE day tomorrow! Good luck...

Thanks for the encouragement swonsong1a! I got through yesterday ok and was right on track to do another SE day today...I'd had my lovely superfree lunch and then disaster struck! The partners at work bought everyone in the building ice creams and I just couldn't resist a white Magnum so boom! There goes my SE day! So...I've decided to change to a green day today. Even with the ice cream it only brings my syns to 14 for the day so I just won't have any more today and I'll still be on plan by tonight. Back on SE tomorrow and will power through the rest of the week!

(Just as a note, the 12 syns on the ice cream was soooo worth it!!)

Hey, life happens - looking forward to seeing a good result for you after all this hard work!

I don't think I can be classed as 'stuck' yet as only on my 3rd week of SW from home but this week I have stayed the same. I have really stuck to everything too in all 3 weeks. I'm going to go and research the success express not heard of it x

Back