stuck with buffet foods

oasis6918

Gold Member
On Saturday were having my lo's 2nd party (12 days early as baby due next Friday) we were going to have a BBQ but all week the weather has changed from light rain to heavy rain :( so were going to have to do a buffet but I don't want all boring cook from frozen buffet foods. So I'm after ideas that I can make, or at least adapt that will go down well. There will be about 14 adults and only 2 kids - unfortunately I don't know anyone with kids really.
Ideally food that can be kept til next day etc if not all eaten.
Thanks x

Might already be in that thread but smash pizza would be good for everyone x

There are loads you can do for a SW friendly buffet! These are my favourites:

- Potato wedges (chop up some potatoes, spray with frylight, sprinkle with herbs/spices and pop in the oven)
- Mini jacket potatos (spray a load of mini new potatos with frylight and sprinkle with garlic salt, bake in the oven)
- Humous (blitz up a tin of chickpeas, garlic, squirt of lemon juice and a roasted red pepper. great to dip veggies in)
- Salsa (1 red pepper & 1 red onion chopped and mixed with half tin chopped tomatoes. add chilli to taste)
- Coleslaw (1 carrot & half white cabbage grated, roughly chopped onion and 0% greek yog)
- Pizzas (warburton square wrap (8 syns) topped with tomato puree and loads of veggies and cheese (hea). Cut up into 8 for just 1 Syn per slice)
- Chicken legs (remove skin and add herbs/spices before roasting. Syn free)
- Quorn chicken nuggets (great for the kids but also just half a syn each if you fancy a few)
- Savoury rice (all free and very filling)

Don't forget a huge mixed salad bowl for your superfree! Pickles are all free too and ideal for a buffet. Beetroot, pickled onions, etc.

Great thanks, and I love the mini jacket idea defo will get some of those on the go x

I like using gem lettuce leave and filling with some mackerel pate!? Or hummus?

Back