Stuck........!!!

Hi everyone,

Just looking for a bit of motivation. I'm struggling so much - I've been 'good' BUT I reckon I must be doing something wrong as not technically lost any more weight since February.

I started in October, got to 13 pound lost by February. I am an extremely slow loser anyway but not losing anymore since Feb is ridiculous now...

Anyway since February I have been up and down about a pound. Put half on, lose half, put one on, lose half, put half on etc etc each week. No matter what I do I simply cannot get over that 13 pound mark!! Most weeks I just say to myself 'you're still in control, you haven't piled all 13 pound back on!' but now I'm losing that willpower, I have no idea why the weight won't come off!!!!! I feel if I can just cross over 13 pound and get that STONE then I'll continue losing weight.

My consultant has never been able to pick out what's wrong from my food diary and I exercise plenty (more in fact in recent months to try and shift).... but I must be doing something wrong! People keep saying to me I look like I've lost more weight but according to the scales I honestly haven't.

Now this week, I've had a bad week (in places, could've been worse but it's still not me!), and I reckon it's because I've lost faith but now I'm just angry and upset for effectively sabotaging myself!

Moan, moan, moan, it's my favourite thing to do....lol :D

Hi fellow Wirralite!

Firstly, which plan are you following? Secondly, how much do you have to lose?

It must be very frustrating for you to be stuck in this rut. If you give us some idea of what you are aiming for, typical food day etc, we can give you some suggestions to help kickstart. If you are exercising and people are saying you look like you are losing weight, it may well be that you are toning up but not actually losing weight. It may also be that you are exercising so much that you are effectively running on empty. If you can give us a better idea of how things go from day to day, we can help work out why this is so sluggish.

Hello! Thanks for the quick reply, just even reading it made me smile to know that people do understand - I do tend to get quite selfish when losing weight as I think 'it's all about me' ;)

I'm currently following Extra Easy and I haven't really set myself a target yet but the lowest I can remember being is 11st7 so that would be nice to get back to! I'm currently 12st13, lowest I've been this SW cycle is 12st12, so in total I've lost 12 pound (maximum was 13)

Ok a typical day....

Breakfast would normally be:

- piece of SW quiche (ham and mushroom) either with or without some cherry tomatoes and half a honeydew melon.
OR
- 2 eggs (fried in fry light or poached) with 2 slices wholemeal toast (dry) and half a honeydew melon

Mid morning snack:

- Strawberries (sometimes 1 syn for 1 tsp sugar, sometimes use sweetener)
- Hifi Light bar (if I haven't had toast for breakfast)

Lunch

- Usually tea from night before but usually.... salad and meat (chicken, ham, pork etc)
- Sometimes have green veg and meat with SW chips (tea night before again)

Afternoon snack:

I try to eat something before I go to the gym so either another hi-fi light with/without piece of fruit again, apple etc.

Tea:

Typically meat or fish with green veg and potatoes.
Also love SW carbonara with mushroom and red onion in too.

Syns:

I might have a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup for 6 syns or if really hungry I'll have another hi-fi light bar (3 syns)
Dressing on salad - Kraft Light Caesar - 0.5 syn per tsp.
Sauces - BBQ sauce with quiche - 1 syn for tbsp. Might have gravy with tea, I count as 1 syn per 100ml so usually range from between 200ml to 300ml so 2-3 syns.

I am human and sometimes I do go over syns but I'm honest about it but this week I've been a little rebel and I think it's because I'm losing motivation. I switched classes last week to one more local to me but my previous consultant told me it was 'too big' for me or I was making it 'too big'. She told me to relax and stop being so hard on myself but I think it's hard not to be hard on yourself when you want something??

Sorry about the long rant again!! :D :D

Hiya :) Don't worry about the length of the post, the more information the better as far as I am concerned!

Have you thought about trying the other plans? That would be my first suggestion - Start mixing up your days, do some red, some green and some EE. Personally, my best losses came on weeks where I followed the red plan, but more recently I have become vegetarian so usually do green now. Do you drink plenty during the day? What sort of exercise are you doing and how often?

ETA - in this case, being selfish isnt a BAD thing at all. Losing the weight you want to SHOULD be all about you. No-one else can do it for you, or want it for you. It is definitely good to be selfish in this particular case.

Thanks for your reply!

I actually asked my consultant about changing plan a few months ago but I feel she was really selling Extra Easy. But I might give it a go if you can interchange days maybe it will SHOCK my body into losing some weight hahaha.

I only drink water and plenty of it - mostly sparkling water (not flavoured) and some still. I have about 2.5 litres a day - I'm not sure what this is in glasses!! I could drink more....the hydration calculator online says I need to be drinking almost 4 litres a day but I don't think I could visit the loo that much heehee....

Exercise goes:

Monday - Spin 45 min recently switched to Boxing/Circuits class to try and mix things up a bit
Tuesday - Spin 45 min
Thursday - Personal Training session
Saturday - Pilates (1hr) and Body Pump (1hr).
Sunday - Swimming

My personal trainer says I need to be doing a gym program another time in the week if I can but I've yet to fit in! I go on Wednesday and Friday invariably, depends if I'm off work or not (teacher) I'll do more in half terms etc.

Thanks so much for all this advice............ :D

Right - first things first - I definitely think the exercise might be slowing your losses a bit. I know on SW we dont calorie count, but the stuff you are dong is quite high intensity. If, as an example, you eat 1400 kcal a day, generally, and then do 45 minutes spin, you probably burn up about 450 kcal just during those 45 minutes. Which is great, BUT, that gives you about 950 kcal to fuel your body for the rest of the day, work, keep your organs going etc. Which puts you in a significant deficit overall each day, and your body will recognise this, and fight to retain what energy stores it has. It is perfectly possible, within the slimming world plan, to eat even less than the hypothetical 1400 kcal, I have seen people on here say that they have put their food through a kcal calculator and its come out around 1100-1300 before now, or even lower. Depends very much what you have. So you add that exercise into the equation and you could very well be pushing yourself too low in intake.

So, I would suggest having some protein or slow release carbs (free or superfree) about an hour before you exercise. This will help with your energy levels during the exercise AND also give back some of the stuff you are losing with your exercise and should hopefully tip the balance back in your favour.

I don't know which group you attend but certainly at the group I attended the Consultant was VERY eager to promote Extra Easy as I think they all are now, and whenever she would ask me how I had managed to get such a good loss that week, if I mentioned doing a red week I could see her die a little inside because that isn't what she wanted the rest of the group to be hearing. You can change them by the day, so you can work it to suit yourself, or do a week of each and see what results you get. If you need any help with working out how they work, feel free to shout.

Water seems great, but do ensure you drink sufficient because you will lose extra with the exercise too. :)

Hi everyone,

Just looking for a bit of motivation. I'm struggling so much - I've been 'good' BUT I reckon I must be doing something wrong as not technically lost any more weight since February.

I started in October, got to 13 pound lost by February. I am an extremely slow loser anyway but not losing anymore since Feb is ridiculous now...

Anyway since February I have been up and down about a pound. Put half on, lose half, put one on, lose half, put half on etc etc each week. No matter what I do I simply cannot get over that 13 pound mark!! Most weeks I just say to myself 'you're still in control, you haven't piled all 13 pound back on!' but now I'm losing that willpower, I have no idea why the weight won't come off!!!!! I feel if I can just cross over 13 pound and get that STONE then I'll continue losing weight.

My consultant has never been able to pick out what's wrong from my food diary and I exercise plenty (more in fact in recent months to try and shift).... but I must be doing something wrong! People keep saying to me I look like I've lost more weight but according to the scales I honestly haven't.

Now this week, I've had a bad week (in places, could've been worse but it's still not me!), and I reckon it's because I've lost faith but now I'm just angry and upset for effectively sabotaging myself!

Moan, moan, moan, it's my favourite thing to do....lol :D

I am just like you can't believe someone out there is so the same its unbelievable. Again like you my Consultant also pushes the Extra Easy plan (the one I am on) I know I have had a great loss over the past year or so ... I targetted myself at 1lb a week for 52 weeks and reached that personal target but so far last 3 months have lost 1 1/2lbs I know depressing. But I am determined to give the green days a go just a moment trying to get my head in gear. Would have tried Red days but I just love my pasta and potatoes. I have been very pleased to have cut out bread well almost (I would have as a healthy extra once a week this is great for me cause I just loved my bread all types and forms of it LOL. So hopefully if we change days some good will come of it.
Will keep you informed :cool:

Thanks MadameLaMinx - I will certainly give things a go. My trainer did mention to me once that I might not be eating enough but I was like 'yeah whatever!'. If you've got a weight problem you don't often feel like you're not eating enough!!!

I was going to PM you to tell you which class I went to but I can't do it until reached 50 posts!! I will definitely keep you updated though, your advice has been really great. I was feeling extremely negative, so much so I wasn't even going to go the gym in half an hour because I couldn't bear the thought of wobbling around a room but I'm going to go now!! Thank you!!!! :D

Swannie Girl - you have done so well, that's absolutely brilliant - I wish I could lose a pound a week like you that's such a brilliant weight loss. I am glad, however, I'm not the only one who struggles because you sit there week after week listening to people who've had "6 chippy teas" and still lost 4 pound and you've done it right and put on or maintained! Please do let me know how the green days turn out for you! I'm going to get weighed on Wednesday so I will start trying the different days from Thursday see if I can shock my body into actually shifting some pounds!! :D:D

Back