Stuck :(

:sw007::sw014::sw021::sw028::sw035::sw042::sw049:Hi - bit of a lurker here, but need some advice before I throw the towel in out of sheer frustration...

Joined SW back in July last year, and picked up my 3.5stone award in April this year.

I have roughly 10lbs to lose before target (which i keep changing as it doesn't seem to be reachable!) but I am literally stuck. Im gaining a lb here and there, then maintaining, and not losing.

I've mixed things up a bit like changing all my meals and also swapping my HEB's around and using different ones. I've tried weeks with minimal syns, then other weeks with maximum syns... and nothing is budging it !!!

I have joined a gym but not yet been as I am scared that I will gain a LOT (which i read is usual)

Anyone else been in this predicament - my consultant is rubbish and no help at all. All she says is "It happens"

TIA x

Last edited:
Hi! I just joined minimins. All I would say is please don't give up and please do go to the gym. Last time I successfully lost weight it involved lots of exercise, and that's what really changed my body as much as the diet.
If you start by gaining just keep going because it will all come good. The main thing (for me at least) is fitting well in your clothes and feeling energetic, and that's what the gym did for me a few years ago.
Not that I'm following my own advice at the moment, I should say!
Just my opinion of course. And hope you've had a good week since you posted.

As I got closer to my target weight I found it harder to loose the lbs, they did come off eventually.

You seem to have tried so much to get those few lbs off, are you drinking enough water, are you counting syns properly, weighing hex's, what about portion size, are you eating until full or more than full.

I know we aren't supposed to be measuring, weighing and counting on SW. But have you thought about tracking your calories in something like my fitness pal to try and make sure that you are under your calorie allowance whilst following the SW ethos?

I've sadly never got down to losing those last few pounds, but I know from hearing and reading about other peoples experiences that they are a right pain in the whatsits to lose as they cling on for dear life.

Hi - sorry it's taken so long to reply.

Although I'm still stuck in the same situation, gain half, lose half, maintain...its like a 3 week cycle - I'm still battling through.

I do measure all my HEA's and HEB's - and switch them about all the time.

Calorie tracking wise, that's not a bad idea - what kind of allowance would SW cover for calorie intake?

Thank you again x

Hi trying, I think when you log in, you put in your weight, height, activity levels etc, then it calculates your daily calorie allowance. Then you say how much you want to lose, and it reduces your calorie allowance to help you achieve this.

Then I'm afraid it's a case of weighing, measuring and logging what you eat and drink.

Give it a go for a week or two and see how you get on

Back