Stupid mistake

Emmy_lu

Silver Member
I've done 11 weeks 100% then 1 week refeed and today on wi day I decided to eat chocolate at this time in the morning. I feel sick. There's no excuse for it but it's like I can't stay on track without a plan. I thought I'd sorted my head out with food but I obviously haven't, so scared I'm going to put all the weight back on. Feel so stupid. Dreading weigh in ....

Try not to worry too much about a slip up like that. Will you maybe have put a few lbs on? Maybe. Will you have ruined the last 11 weeks work? Definitely not. You should speak to your pharmacist today and try to thrash out some plan of how you're going to attack eating from now on.

Remember though you've lost a lot of weight so if you see it creeping up don't get sad and binge eat or pick at chocolate etc., just remember you've done TFR once and if you need to go back on to shed a few more lbs it certainly won't be for 11 weeks like last time.

You can do it :)

James is right, it's not the end of the world and you were going to taste chocolate sooner or later. you've had 1 slip in 12 weeks and it was some chocolate - you're only human! You're panicing for nothing, you weren't going to avoid chocolate/crisps/ high fat foods forever but its learning about moderation and not having it everyday. It'll take time to get used to the idea of still having a little but not often. Put a plan in place Emma or join ww or sw and follow their plan. You have done fantastic work and it will take time to get used to eating again and making the right choices, nobody is perfect all of the time. Being TFR 100% is easier than making food decisions. Put a plan in place Emma or join ww or sw and follow their plans so there's structure and rules in place, if you can do lipotrim you can follow a food plan :) Good luck at your weigh in x x x x

Thanks James and cath, your right I can go back on it if I need to , I'm going to go in a bit so see the damage I've done. Ive been putting it off but need to face up to it, I understand what you mean by a bit of chocolate now and again but I ended up eating quite a big bar. I might take your advice and do weight watchers so this doesn't keep happening, where I'm up so early with the baby it's so easy to grab a chocolate bar and eat it for a bit of energy, that's what made me fat to begin with ill have to stock up on healthy snacks so if I'm in a rush I don't grab a chocolate bar. Ill let you know the damage later when I've been weighed xx

When my little boy was very small i used to mix porridge with a yogurt or yogurt drink and leave it in the fridge overnight for the next morning, the yogurt will soak in and then i added a little milk just to make it a bit moister. I don't like milk so never ate cereal but needed calcium so this worked for me and it was a instant low fat breakfast. I really liked it and sometimes added chopped fruit. It might be worth a try for the mornings, with a small person in the room its hard to focus on your needs x x x

Thanks cath.

i got weighed a couple of hours ago. I've put on a staggering 6 lb in a week, I'm so gutted I want to cry. I asked the pharmacy if I could talk to her about it and work out why this has happened and she said she was to
busy and I'd have tto one back another day. They wasn't busy when they were taking my money every week tho!

Thinking of going back on lipotrim to get rid of it plus maybe a bit more but I've got a race for life run next week and worried ill be to weak to do it and already raised nearly 300 pound so don't want to not do it. Do you think it will be ok to do it on lipotrim if I just jog? It's 5k

X

That was really horrible of the pharmacy, not good customer service at all. I'm sorry to hear about the weight gain, you done really well aparrt from the chocolate bar and even if your healthy snacks weren't allowed it still wouldn't add up to 6lbs so i honestly thinks its water gain. It's definitely not 6lbs of fat on all the salad you've ate. It will hopefully even out after a few days.

Massive well done on raising so much money, you should be proud of yourself :) If it was me i'd wait until after your run to think about going back on lipotrim, you fainted before so i'd be worried about your body Only being in ketosis a few days and getting used to lipotrim again.

To be honest, I think you're panicing a little about the weight gain, it'll take time to get used to not having the security of lipotrim. I imagine its very hard to go solo after such a strict programme but you're a strong lady, you done fantastic at lipotrim and can continue to do great work once you're in the right frame of mind. Remember when you were at week 7 you struggled and considered refeeding but then done another 4 weeks. You can do anything once you put your mind to it X x x

(i probably sound like a broken record but i really think you should look into ww or sw for a few weeks, you'd lose weight while still eating and would get used to eating sensibly then)

Thank you for replying cath, you always know what to say to make me feel better! And you have a excellent memory too! Your right I need to go on another diet to learn about healthy eating because I'm probably eating carbs I don't even know are carbs if that makes sence, ill have a look at both of them x

how are you getting on? X

It really can be pot luck with the pharmacies :( I agree with Cath, going back on LT now just before you run doesn't sound good, you don't want to make yourself ill. Actually you've probably done what an athlete does, reduce carbs for a while before and just before you run eat carbs to 'carbo load' and replace the glycogen and water for the race :) x x x

I can see what your saying and would give the same advice. I would just really like to get this half a stone off as I go on holiday next month (first ever holiday out the country) and have bought size 12s which now are to tight! And I already know how useless I am at losing it in my own so need to have a good think. Would help if my back wasn't so sore so I could do some exercise but the pain seems to be staying even with codine. Ahhh! Stupid cravings x

Hi Emma, hope you are ok, really sorry to hear about your weigh in, would you consider doing the maintenance programme instead of the tfr, so you would have two products a day and a healthy dinner, and you will still lose weight but it just wont be as fast and maybe you could still do the run, and you could always have one maintenance products the day before and have two meals and you could do the same the day of the run to give you some extra energy. Its just a thought:)

I hope you're feeling ok today Emma.
I'm getting on alright, i'm refeeding monday week so i'm obsessing over everyones diary's. I'm dreading going back to eating incase i can't go back to tfr at the end of the summer, i still have a long road ahead of me until i get to a decent weight. But I like Buttercup's idea of maybe going onto the maintainence for a while, i might do that for a few weeks after refeed and see how i get on

Hi ladies, tha ks for all your replies im ok , I have gone back on TFR as from today I restarted the shakes, the pharmacy said I need to get down to about 9 and a half to allow half a stone regain on refeed week but because I go on holiday next month I can only do 4 weeks so if I can even lose a stone it would be great xx

Best of Luck Emma, hope it all goes well for you :)

Back