Substitute for doritos needed please!!

First78

Okay, so with X Factor being on on a Saturday night, my usual routine is to sit down with a couple of big bags of Doritos and some sour cream and chive dip and munch my way through them during the evening.

Can anyone recommend a good snack food like this so I can still enjoy my Friday and Saturday nights? I'm not really a fan of veg sticks but am open to other suggestions :)

what about a big plate of sw chips or wedges? Not sure what you could substitute for sour cream but maybe you could just syn that.

SW chips, some veggies (you can't taste them in dip!) and use a HexB for some dry toast.

Then a couple of syn free dips - I usually go for hummus (drained tin chick peas, garlic paprika & a drizzle of water in a blender) - VLF yogurt with garlic, mixed herbs & diced onions - light laughing cow (HexA) mixed with spring onions ;)

That way your syn free & satisfied, works surprisingly well (I'm a real nibbler!)

Hope this helps :D

XxX

Maybe try and save all your syns during the day and have a few bags of snack a jack mini's (5 ish syns each), and save up a healty extra b for 2 alpen lights. Not quite doritos lol but defo good munchies :)

I have a similar problem although its strictly not x factor.

I saved all my days syns and my hexes on Saturday and had velvet crunch sweet chilli crisps 4 syns, a freddo 4 syns , curly wurly 6 syns a fibre plus bar hEXB. Chopped apple, cheese HEXA, For a dip you could use quark with some blue cheese hex a in it.

Ever tried pasta crisps? Part boil lasagne sheets and the cut into little squares, put on baking tray and spray with frylight and whatever flavouring u like, I stick to a bit of salt. Cook for about 8minutes, keep an eye as they burn quickly. U can't hav loads cos it will be food abuse but they are nice. X

Ever tried pasta crisps? Part boil lasagne sheets and the cut into little squares, put on baking tray and spray with frylight and whatever flavouring u like, I stick to a bit of salt. Cook for about 8minutes, keep an eye as they burn quickly. U can't hav loads cos it will be food abuse but they are nice. X

These are good but like woody said, they aren't free! Not using the lasagne sheets in the right way. :(

Sour cream and chive dip can be subbed with some 0% greek, chives and a bit of seasoning.

I often have 0% greek with chilli and wedges and I honestly can't tell the difference. I served it to my hubby as an experiment, and he thought it was really sour cream x

Instead of the doritos, why not try a packet of Ryvita Minis.. I *love* the Salt and Vinegar ones... and they are a HEB too ;) If you like them you could have a couple of packs and some of the dip as above.. then you would have 1 HEB and 6 syns for a huge night in meal.

My hubby often has the ryvita minis with philly light (71g for a HEA)

are ryvitas one hxb choice??... so you could have a bag of these and two alpen lights as your other hxb choice and that would feel like a right treat and you havnt even touched your syns!!

( think this is what im going to do on saturday now .. thanks everyone!! )

I've Been having 3 Ryvita cracked black pepper (he b) breaking them up and dipping them in 57g worth of reduced fat Houmous on a green day. Actually really nice x

Thank-you so much for all the ideas...I'm really looking forward to trying them at the weekend :)

Will definitely try the Greek 0% as a sour cream substitute. I haven't tried Ryvita minis but will definitely give 'em a go!!

Back