Substituting oils for HEXB

Micci

Gold Member
Hi,

I've been experimenting with substituting different oils for my HEXB olive oil. I know this is not official SW planning and cannot ask a consultanat as I am not going to a group at the moment.

So far my restart has been going for two weeks and I've lost 7lbs so I am happy with the results. I use walnut oil as it is particularly high in Omega 3 which I am not getting elswhere.

So, I'm not recommending this route to anyone, but wondered if any one else had been doing similar experimenting and what the results have been for you. I should say, I've only had 3 or 4 days so far when I have done this.

It's not going to make any difference to your actual weight loss, the purpose of HEXes is to ensure you're getting adequate nutrients. Extra virgin olive oil has enough fibre to count as a HEX whilst still being "good" fats. Its up to you whether you tweak, but using a different oil instead will have zero effect on your actual losses - but at the end of the day nothing that is the sum total of 120 calories will have any such effect anyway. HEXes are just about making sure you get adequate nutrition.

That makes sense, its the logic I was following.

You surprise me however talking about fibre in the extra virgin olive oil. At first I thought, oh yes, first pressing, maybe some bits of olive flesh get in as well.

I was suficiently intrigued to google. The Filippo Berio website doesn't list a percentage of fibre on the nutritional break down but all other websites had it specifically as zero fibre.

Where do you get the fibre information from?

Back