Success Express Ideas

Simmy1978

Hi all!!

i'm new to this forum but not new to Slimming World!! my momentary break from SW got out of hand a little and ended up being a 2 yr long break!!:cry:

And as you can imagine i have gained a huge amount!!:wave_cry:

but this place is great!! so full of like minded people all with one goal!!

Any how! i know the consultants are always pushing success express pretty much because it does what it says on the tin!! but the problem is there are only so many days you can carrotts brocolli and salad with everything!!:rolleyes:

so i am creating this thread for recipes and meal ideas for success express be it on red green or EE!!

so heres what i am having today:

Green Day:

Breakfast was porridge with half a banana HE a and b x 1

snack muller yoghurt and 1 alpen light (half a HE b)

Lunch:

Half a tin of mixed beans and sweet corn filled up 1 third of my lunch box the rest filled up with lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, cherry toms, half a yellow pepper seasoned with fat free vinegarette

Dinner: I plan to make a mushroom and courgette omlette and either have that with salad again or i might make ratatouille! and some cheese as my 2nd HE a

In between, i have blue berries in the fridge, still have another alpen light as HE b,

and i have two finger kit kat if really feel like it but i want to avoid it if i can as i had an indian yesterday and figured that cost me arounf 25 to 30 syns! :confused:

If you look at the thread where everyone post pictures of meal, for the last week or so I've posted some success express meals, as this is what I've been doing.

I've found coleslaw to be a lifesaver, carrot, onion, white cabbage and a dollop of 0% yog/fromage frais mixed in (saves on syns of mayo). I found it difficult not to do 2/3 salad or veg. Cottage pie topped with mashed swede is lurrvliieee, with some greenbeans and carrots on the side. Casseroles are also good, beef, musrooms, onions, carrots, swede!

Coleslaw of course!! i didnt think of that!! but thank you so much for that suggestion!!

Yes i also checked out the recipe thread with pics it all looks soo lush and the servings are hugeeeee!!! :D

Beef and pork i dont eat but i am going to attempt Mrs V's sheek kebabs with some lean lambs mince tommorrow with salad and w/m pitta!

The consultants shouldn't push SE any more as it is only used by them when people are struggling. The info isn't even listed on the SW website any longer.

I did a week of SE not long back - here are my meals:

Lunch Bowl of leftover casserole - butterbeans ss (1/3) carrots s onion s tomatoes s with a mountain of spinach. s Yum!

Dinner Tuna steak (1/3) with roasted BNS s broccoli s, carrots s and salad s

Dinner home made burgers (extra lean mince) with bacon (1/3), "fried" onions, s roasted bns s, salad s and 100g salsa (3). cheese (A)

Lunch bacon (1/3) and egg salad s, bag of physalis

Dinner chicken breast s wrapped in bacon (1/3) with spicy roasted bns s, broccoli s and salad s

Brunch - bacon & beans (1/3) mushrooms, egg and tomato

Dinner - chicken korma (with passata, low fat coconut milk (2.5), onion and spices) and rice (chicken & rice - 1/3) served with spiced carrots. Almonds 4 syns.

Breakfast - smoked salmon (1/3) 2 poached eggs, sliced tomato and mushrooms with some rocket.

Dinner - turkey (1/3) stew with swede, carrot and onion served with savoy cabbage. Cornflour to thicken (1)

Interesting what you said Jaylou, as my consultant said (this week) that (quote) 'they were bringing it back' and then she did a big visual all about it and how it differs to EE if you need to 'superboost' your losses.

anyway -

For lunch today I had a lovely vegetable chilli and rice - big quantities of celery, onion, leek, mushrooms, BNS, courgette, green beans, cherry toms and green pepper. Sauteed first in frylight, then cooked with a can of chopped toms plus ground cumin, coriander, ginger and chilli powder.

Rice took up less than 1/3 of the plate, and the chilli filled the rest. SE and not a lettuce leaf in evidence!

Ooooh, interesting Angie!!! I wonder if they'll put the info back on the website, I searched a few weeks ago when I did SE and there was no mention of it.
The ever changing world of SW!

I guess i need to sit down with my book properly as well so i can identify the speedy free foods and not just the superfree foods!

Back