Suddenly feeling very tired while on plan

Clairelilia

So I've been doing Slimming World for nearly 6 months and I love the plan, I find it really easy to stick to, and now it doesn't really feel like a "diet" any more, I'm still eating well and enjoying what I eat.
But the past two weeks I've been feeling very lethargic, around 2/3 pm I start to feel tired/weak, normally feel a bit better after I've had my dinner at 5, but an hour or so later I'm back to feeling the same! I work in the evenings from 6-11pm, so this is becoming a bit of a problem. I bring some fruit to snack on in work but its not doing much to help?
I'm just wondering has anyone had a similar problem? I know SW isn't about counting calories but I counted a few recent days and I generally eat around 1700, give or take. I think I could possibly be low on iron but I eat lots of red meat and green veg so I feel like I should be getting enough. Or could it be some other deficiency?
I really hope this doesnt become an ongoing thing because my SW plan atm is working out so well for me I'd hate to have to do a major change now :/ But I'm gonna give it a week or so and if I'm still feeling tired I'm going to go to the doctor about it.

If you've been on the plan for 6 months and this is only just becoming an issue I don't think it's with slimming world as such, but could be what you're eating. Have you changed anything the past week or so?

If it's some kind of deficiency caused by slimming world I think you would have noticed before now (I could be wrong though as I am in no means a medical expert). Going to the doctors may be a good idea, if it is a deficiency it won't necessarily be something you can't add into your diet while staying on plan and you'd be better off knowing.

I hope you figure out what's causing it soon, sorry I haven't been much help

Hi Clairelilia,
You posted this a few weeks ago - how are you feeling now? I seem to have an issue when I don't get enough iron (which makes me tired and dizzy when I stand up) so I take an iron supplement daily which really seems to help, might be worth a try to see if it helps?
Also, have you actually changed your eating habits/foods recently? If not I would definitely pop along to the doctors just as a precaution x

Back