Sue's food journey to try and reverse diabetes

Well I know my son will eat whats leftover - but it just makes such a nice change to have someone else cook for you.

Well I know my son will eat whats leftover - but it just makes such a nice change to have someone else cook for you.

I love being cooked for, especially if I don't have to wash up! Enjoy!!! X

Well I dont do washing up - I either leave it for someone else to wash up or they fill up the dishwasher - its all men in my house and if I'm cooking I ent washing up! lol

lol i think I will try that in my house sue, Love the sound of the fish pie too! x hope you doing well x

Son finished off the fish pie - it was tasty though.

Breakfast
2 bacon medallions - 1
1 egg - 2
2 warburtons wholemeal - 3

Lunch

Son finished off the fish pie - it was tasty though.

Breakfast
2 bacon medallions - 1
1 egg - 2
2 warburtons wholemeal - 3

Lunch

Yummy Brekkie! Do u have any sauce on it? X

Yes - just 1tbsp brown sauce - 0 pps

Got roast lamb for lunch but will point it up as I do it

Yes - just 1tbsp brown sauce - 0 pps

Got roast lamb for lunch but will point it up as I do it

Mmmmm Roast Dinner! Yum Yum! I always try to use 0pp amount of sauce, my favourite is 18g of Heinz Tomato Ketchup, never use 19g lol x

Fish pie sounds good :) I'm type 2 Sue and have had to cut back drastically on naughties but I found some Metcalfe's dark choc coated rice crackers, sugars are 3.6g for 1 and they take the choc craving away, the small bars of green and blacks and co-op dark chocolate are under 10g of sugar too. I can make a 40g bar last a couple of days as it's so rich. Nice with a cup of coffee as a little treat. My sister is a type 2 as well. It runs in both my Mum's and Dad's families. I actually found this out when I was doing our family history. Difference between me and my sister is she has always looked after herself and I'm just a bit too lazy and laid back with my eating habits lol!

Be careful with low fat yoghurt's, Muller lights, ww, activia etc. All have more sugar in them than a standard choccy bar :eek: I used to eat loads of them on SW too :eek:

Thanks for all the info. I don't like yogurt but have noticed that everything low fat has more sugar so don't do anything low fat. Proper food just a bit less xx

I think 'Going back to basics' is the best idea with Type 2, I think the more natural the better so sounds as though you two have it sorted!!! X

Day so far

Monday, August 19, 2013
Breakfast
2 serving(s) Aldi freshcure unsmoked back bacon3
55 g Egg, Whole2
2 slice(s) Wholemeal Sliced Bread, Small Loaf (400g)3
1 tablespoons Brown Sauce0
Subtotal8
Lunch
2 serving(s) Iceland chicken tikka bites6
212 g Potato(es), Raw5
Subtotal11