Sue's ramblings

gossamersquare

Hi, started Atkins a couple of days ago. So far so good. Feel pretty tired today though but I have felt less bloated.

Not sure if I'm doing it right but here is todays food so far

Breakfast
Bacon, egg and 100g tinned tomatoes

Snack - piece of cheddar

Lunch
Tuna with mayonnaise, some chopped up cheese, 100g cucumber and 50g picked beetroot

Snack
Ham roll up with cream cheese

any comments/advice will be gratefully received

Hi, started Atkins a couple of days ago. So far so good. Feel pretty tired today though but I have felt less bloated.

Not sure if I'm doing it right but here is todays food so far

Breakfast
Bacon, egg and 100g tinned tomatoes

Snack - piece of cheddar

Lunch
Tuna with mayonnaise, some chopped up cheese, 100g cucumber and 50g picked beetroot

Snack
Ham roll up with cream cheese

any comments/advice will be gratefully received

Hi there sue welcome to your Atkins journey x. Menu looks ok, I'm not sure if tinned tomatoes as I think tomatoes are no no on induction and also as there put of a tin may contain citric acid, which stalls some people.

There's a sticky on main forum 'so your thinking of doing Atkins' which lists all the foods and is very helpful if your new. Keep posting and all the lovely people on here will always pop by to offer advice and support. We're a friendly bunch, apart from Susie who's a complete cow! Just kidding xx.

Keep at it and you'll see some good results x

Thanks busybusy - didnt realise there was a difference between fresh and tinned where Atkins is concerned but you live and learn.

Sue

Thanks busybusy - didnt realise there was a difference between fresh and tinned where Atkins is concerned but you live and learn.

Sue

You certainly do x. I always try and avoid drinks and tinned veg containing citric acid as its said to stall some people.

Have you done low carb before? What made you choose Atkins?

We're a friendly bunch, apart from Susie who's a complete cow! Just kidding xx.

LOL Busy worships me really :D

Hi Sue and welcome - toms - either canned or fresh - are a bit high in carbs for induction, but ok every now and then. Try to eat lots of leafy greens - spinach, broccoli, bok choi, cabbage, and so on - they help with losses (and keep you regular lol).

Have you done low carb before? What made you choose Atkins?

You certainly do x. I always try and avoid drinks and tinned veg containing citric acid as its said to stall some people. Will avoid tomatoes as much as possible for now then now that I know. I will be learning a lot from you all over the coming months but looking forward to getting to know you all.

I did my own version of low carb last year after finding out I had diabetes type 2 and did lose weight but then went off the rails so decided it was time to get a grip and get back on the diet once and for all cos its so good for my bg readings

Sue

LOL Busy worships me really :D

Hi Sue and welcome - toms - either canned or fresh - are a bit high in carbs for induction, but ok every now and then. Try to eat lots of leafy greens - spinach, broccoli, bok choi, cabbage, and so on - they help with losses (and keep you regular lol).

Thanks for the welcome. My problem is that I dont like much of the induction vegetables so will stick to just a few items that I know I like.

Sue

Awe, just stick to what you enjoy. Don't forget veg can be cooked any how, including butter. Cabbages and spring greens I always just put straight into a pan with butter and lots of seasoning and spices of course x.

I love fried cabbage and spring greens x

Morning Hun x

Morning yourself.

Todays food
Sausage, bacon, egg

Lunch
Strawberries and cream with slice of cheese

Snack
Eggs scrambled in butter

Dinner
Teriyaki chicken, cheese, cucumber and beetroot

Not hungry today at all, hardly ate any of the chicken at dinner

Had lots of water today, its fat too hot.
Breakfast

Hi good morning sue,

Menu looks good, teriyaki chicken sounds lush x. Are you doing induction/in Ketosis yet? As I'm not sure the strawberries and cream allowed....sorry to criticise X.....not sure if you know xx.

Hope your atkins journey is going well for you xx.

Hi good morning sue,

Menu looks good, teriyaki chicken sounds lush x. Are you doing induction/in Ketosis yet? As I'm not sure the strawberries and cream allowed....sorry to criticise X.....not sure if you know xx.

Hope your atkins journey is going well for you xx.

Hi Busy - yes I know I am not supposed to have strawberries but love them when they are in season and dont really like the "allowed veggies" - hopefully it wont affect me losing weight too much. I only eat them when they are in season. Thanks for pointing it out though.

I bought some ketostix and its on the second colour up so hopefully getting there

Today has been a funny diet food wise -I'm blaming the weather, lol

Breakfast
Bacon and egg

Snack
Slice of cheese

Lunch
Chicken tikka bites
Cucumber
Mayonnaise

Dinner
Chicken satay

Whisper - strawberries and cream

Cream for a couple of teas and lots of water and nas squash

Hi sue,

I know what you mean about the weather. Kids have been refusing hot food all weekend, im sure its the heat.

You look like your on top of things ;-)

Breakfast
Bacon and egg fried

Snack
Cheddar

Lunch
Salmon, cucumber, cheese, beetroot
Strawberries and cream

Dinner - not sure yet - forgot to get something out of the freezer. My son has seven nights to do from today (11 hour shifts) so will ring him and get him to get some mince out for me I think. Got some cabbage as well so might fry that (a bit like the chinese crispy seaweed) and see what it comes out like.

Breakfast
Bacon and egg fried

Snack
Cheddar

Lunch
Salmon, cucumber, cheese, beetroot
Strawberries and cream

Dinner - not sure yet - forgot to get something out of the freezer. My son has seven nights to do from today (11 hour shifts) so will ring him and get him to get some mince out for me I think. Got some cabbage as well so might fry that (a bit like the chinese crispy seaweed) and see what it comes out like.

Menu looks sound as a pound lol.

love your crispy cabbage idea xx

Back