Sugar free snacks

emmag2508

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some different suggestions for sugar free snacks .
I'm currently having to follow a sugar free diet to treat intestinal candida, along with some supplements recommended by a naturopath which I have ordered and hope to start this week. At the moment it is causing me to feel really really bloated and is having a big impact on my losses! Fruit is one of the main culprits so I have cut this out temporarily to try to treat it but annoyingly this is something I always used to snack on.
I'm snacking on carrot sticks, celery sticks, nuts, homemade houmous, cheese and my HexBs at the moment (usually ryvita) and am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for snacks?
I live in Australia so lots of branded foods are not available here and most processed food has sugar added!! I can't wait to get this sorted so that I can at least start to introduce some lower sugar fruits back into my diet!!
Any suggestions gratefully received!

What about cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes, chilli/garlic dips made with quark, ham, chicken pieces, rice cakes, tuna patties?

Sugar free jelly?

what about some snacks made for diabetics? There are chocolates etc made without sugar

Pickled onions, bertroot, gherkins?

Beans, spaghetti hoops?

Mugshots, lowfat supernoodles ?

I keep coming back and updating as I thunk of things :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some different suggestions for sugar free snacks .
I'm currently having to follow a sugar free diet to treat intestinal candida, along with some supplements recommended by a naturopath which I have ordered and hope to start this week. At the moment it is causing me to feel really really bloated and is having a big impact on my losses! Fruit is one of the main culprits so I have cut this out temporarily to try to treat it but annoyingly this is something I always used to snack on.
I'm snacking on carrot sticks, celery sticks, nuts, homemade houmous, cheese and my HexBs at the moment (usually ryvita) and am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for snacks?
I live in Australia so lots of branded foods are not available here and most processed food has sugar added!! I can't wait to get this sorted so that I can at least start to introduce some lower sugar fruits back into my diet!!
Any suggestions gratefully received!
Hi Emma, I feel your pain not being able to get the branded foods here in Oz. Have you tried the Yoplait For Me yogurts, they have no added sugar and are fat free so no syns. Also on a red day crab sticks, always handy to have in the freezer, I also keep a couple of hard boiled eggs on standby as well, they help fill a gap on both red and green days, nice with a sliced tomato. Baby Lebanese cucumbers, handy to munch on with a ff dip or cottage cheese. I'll add more as they come to me :0)

Thanks guys, some great suggestions there, I'll definitely be trying some of them! It's such a pain not eating fruit, I've only gone 2 days without and I'm really missing it!
Njay where do you buy your crab sticks, I've tried looking for them here but couldn't find them!

Hey Emma, I get mine from Woolies, in the freezer with the prawns, fish etc

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back