Sugar Free....

RugbyGirl

Are we allowed sugar free sweets on 810? x

I want to kick bad eating habits, but not the odd treat, or deprive myself of things I want. but thanks for the answer. x x

Hi Rugbygirl.. No, can't have them, I'm afraid, lol.. good question though as if we were on WW, of SW we would be.. but it interferes with your metabolism on CD, so it could also affect losses too. Strange, but true!! xx

Yeah, best to avoid
I want to kick bad eating habits, but not the odd treat, or deprive myself of things I want. but thanks for the answer. x x

Okay, 2 things there. Food isn't a treat. Food is food. It's fun, it's enjoyable, it's yummy, but it's not a treat...it's a right.

Secondly. Absolutely don't want to deprive yourself. When you get to goal, and upped the plans, you can have whatever you like (in moderation) for the rest of your life. Hey, you can even have 'sugared' sweets. The real deal. Sugar free sweets are often high carb, and usually full of more rubbish than the real thing.

So, hey, deprive yourself until then? Well, I guess it's how you look at it.

I go to work. I love my job. It deprives me of my free time, but it's worth it because I get other pleasures from it...and I get money. Mustn't forget about the money :D

I deprive myself of a nice new car because I want to spend my money on feeding my kids, paying the mortgage etc, because those things are more important to me.

So, you are depriving yourself of sweets because you want something more and it's just temporary. So, perhaps not deprivation. Perhaps just choices based on what you really want :)

I go to work. I love my job. It deprives me of my free time, but it's worth it because I get other pleasures from it...and I get money. Mustn't forget about the money :D

Lol hear hear! I loved that analogy!

You might think I'm crazy but I enjoy this diet, I'm probably one of the few though.

RugbyGirl, my advice is to try an avoid thinking about ways to cheat the diet or get round things, after all its only a short term sacrifice compared to the rest of your life!

Think of it as a means to an end.

Lol hear hear! I loved that analogy!

You might think I'm crazy but I enjoy this diet, I'm probably one of the few though.

RugbyGirl, my advice is to try an avoid thinking about ways to cheat the diet or get round things, after all its only a short term sacrifice compared to the rest of your life!

Think of it as a means to an end.

Good answer!

Who can't LOVE this diet...it is the most amazing and life changing thing ever!!:D I think we all secretly enjoy it ;)

It is! I've never felt so good, and I feel better every day! I used to suffer from insomnia which was horrible, ever since starting this diet I've been sleeping so well. Its awesome :)

Cheers guys, I am just having a bad day, I have now gone to 810 and I am not loving how my body feels or the feeling of hunger and just wanted something sweet. I know its bad, but I thought I would ask. Thank you for your responses. x

Cheers guys, I am just having a bad day, I have now gone to 810 and I am not loving how my body feels or the feeling of hunger and just wanted something sweet. I know its bad, but I thought I would ask. Thank you for your responses. x

:hug99:

You shouldn't be feeling hungry. What are you having? Have you tried making the water flavourings into a jelly? Or a shake into a mousse?

There are ways to help stay in ketosis when on 810 if you are carb sensitive and feeling hungry.

Oh no I am hungry! I have been having 3 shakes....(I only like the strawberry tetras) and then chicken, or prawns, with 3 green veg, i.e. corguettes, brocolli, spinach, Cucumber, spring onion......I have had sugar free drinks / low cal drinks which someone said would be ok????

I am def not in ketosis!!! I cant be....my tummy rumbles! x

When I was on 810 I wasn't hungry but I stayed away from low cal drinks. Stuck with water and the Cambridge Berry water flavourings. I was still in ketosis I think. But everyones bodies are different

Yep, everything you've mentioned is okay on 810.

Some people stay in ketosis on 810, some don't, yet don't have a hunger problem at all

Your protein and veg options should be enough to keep you in ketosis. It's probably less carbwise than SS+.

But you could be carb sensitive and it would be worth experimenting with excluding some of the other 810 things such as the spring onions and low cal drinks.

or maybe it's a psychological thing?

Not saying you are dreaming up the hunger :D but it's incredible how powerful the brain is. I've known people who are sure they are out of ketosis when they've 'cheated' and become very hungry. Then suddenly find out what they cheated on doesn't effect ketosis, and poof they aren't hungry anymore. Magic :clap:

Just a thought...not saying you are a head case :D

ha ha headcase, nice. Had my 3rd weigh in, I sts so I can only assume Im not in ketosis, I am however on my period will that make a difference??x

ha ha headcase, nice. Had my 3rd weigh in, I sts so I can only assume Im not in ketosis, I am however on my period will that make a difference??x

Ketosis doesn't really have anything to do with weightloss. It's calories that does that. You can easily be in ketosis and not lose weight.

But...on this level of calories, you have definitely lost fat even if it doesn't reflect on the scales :cool:

And yes, the periods effect weight loss as they can give you water retention. On some diets they call it star week, and will mark it on your card to show you had a good reason for gaining weight, or not losing any :)

Well done for your STS and brill fat loss :clap:

I'm a head case BTW. Pleased to meet you :D

Back