Sugar Plum Fairies

hey guys found ya

My ketostix go purple and I am drinking plenty...I got my ketoostix out my local chemist, just said that I was on a lo cal diet, they were about 4 pounds.

I have become a bit pee obsessed!

Insomnia is what is drving me mad at the moment though!!

Kirsty

I'm the same madge73, I'm beginning to think I actually have insomnia and I love my sleep :( I'm going to gym after work as I could not get out of bed this morning. Trying to get out bed at 6 when I went to bed at 1.30 was never going to be a good idea!

Think I'm gonna go the chemist and get some strips to test this out.

I'm quite thristy today, I always drink the amount I'm supposed to and today I've had 2 litres already but I'm still thirsty :confused:

Yep blossom, I have been going into bed at my usual time and find I am wandering the flat at 2am.....so insommnia and smelly breath lol....thirsty all the time too....it is going to be soooo worth it though!!!!!!

hey Shlinz....Hello to a fellow Scot!!!

How are you all this evening?

I've just got back from the gym and I'm shattered! Its the first time I've been since starting CD and I could notice a difference. I warmed up a lot quicker than usual, probably to the lack of food!!

Im Great, was hungry at about 3.30pm so drank lots of water. Tried to have a long soak in the bath but after 20 mins had to get out as I needed another pee!lol! Im feeling really positive. I might for once weigh less than my fella! yey!

Well done on the gym Blossom, after my exams in going to get the Wii fit out, it surprises me how that knackers me out. I usually join the local gym when there is offers on, otherwise it too expensive with me being a student. I do like the gym though.

Hows everyone else? x

I've been really hungry today and I dont know why because normally I'm not. The situation is not being made any easier by my boyfriend cooking garlic bread downstairs and the smell is filling the house! argh!!

Last night I watched my boyfriend eat 2 portions of stir fry then a yoghurt. He has lost 3 and a half stone on slimming world and is at target now and all he eats is healthy stuff. Any of you that know slimming world you can eat massive portions.

He did tell me it tasted awful bless him but I know it didnt and it smealt so good. I didnt want to eat it and I know now he really cant of been that hungry to eat that much its just coz its nice. I kind of seem to be appreciating food more already and think this diet will make me more aware of portion sizes. It surprising how little you can get by on.

Blossom just think skinny thoughts or ban him from making nice smells.lol! x

Hi all you lovelies.... I cant get on here till early evening and Ive just finished reading all your replies! :p

Just to keep you all in the pic I am re-starting again on Sunday as i went off track (once I tasted the food I couldnt stop - the usual problem I never know when to stop :() and Im out with some old school friends this weekend so thought better to start again.

I am away in May so off the plan for 5 days but will have done it for 10 days hopefully 100%. Then in July Im off to France... where do you live Flowey? We are going to Nice just on the4 outskirts my hubby's parents own an apartment. We are going with another couple so its going to be good and I really want to have lost some weight by then... ideally 2 stone but anything will be good :D

You cant drink diet coke but my CDC told me I could drink Zero Coke (which I prefer anyway as it tastes more like coke than diet) and I could chew Orbit Tabs to help with the smelly breath. If you drink normal coke she told me you it will knock you out of Ketosis - and thats what we all need to be in.

I would luuuuurrrrvvvveeee to be a size 12 as I am a size 16 (little tight) and I would luv to loose 4 stone!!!

So keep up the good work ladies and we can and we WILL do this cos we are the
Sugar Plum Fairies :party0023:xx

Yes not bad. I guess I'm in theory on day 2 aswell after my ill weekend. I got a headache after our last chat which I will blame on you for reminding me (hee hee)
Very very peckish today. Just wanted to pick a little something. Didn't though and am still strong!
Booked a leg and bikini wax today for three weeks time before hols. Never had a bikini wax before and am very nervous, esp. as beautician is my neighbour!
But now I've lost 'some' of the weight am starting to gain some confidence back. I guess kids and weight had knocked a bit of mine. So not just weight going in the right direction hey!
How about you, good day?

Hey Flowey, forgot to mention about the waxing. I use to get my bikini waxed on a regular basis (due to being a very dark haired person and lots of it...) so.... it does hurt a little but you get use to it and its only for a split second. I have now had the Pulsar treatment on my bikini line and am hair free so no more wax - its the best thing I did. Just having my under arms done now.. whey hey! Some women have the lot off imagine how painful that would be.... eeweee...:( x

Hi girls.
Hi to madge, my fellow Scot!

Well nearly thru day 3 and it has been an excellent day, high energy levels and no hunger pangs! If only it stays like this but I guess it won't. :(

With regards to sleep.....i've not slept so well in a long time, not getting up for the loo in the middle of the night either, although I am drinking over the recommended amount of water. I find it easier to get up in the mornings too and no aches or pains....its all good!

Hope everyone's had a good day.x

Becky - I got purple pee!!!! Ok it was 1st thing in the am but still 'purple' am going to be testing all day now and be obsessed with colours!!!! lol

Sorry all I didn't post last eve. I had a quick read to see how you all are but was sooooooooooooo knackered couldn't get motivated to use my brain and write anything. I'm certainly sleeping well but maybe having three young kids helps that (6, 2 1/2 and 16 months, boy and 2 girls).

Hey Cheska, glad to see your still saying hi even if your not 100% at mo. Looking at you stats. you could loose 2 stone in about 6 weeks if you stay strong. The 1 st time round I started at a very tight 18, I lost 1 1/2 stone in 5 weeks (could have been a few lbs more if I didn't waver in last week) and got into all my size 16 jeans etc... Everyone really noticed. So how many weeks until you go to France? I'm in the Alpes so skiing in winter and v.hot in summer (got burnt yesturday actually).

As for waxing. I'm getting more nervous by the day now I've booked it. Do you keep you knickers on? Should you trim 1st or grow? What horrid questions!!

Morning ladies! Hope you are all well this morning.

I think I've found my solution to the insomnia - after going the gym after work yesterday I was shattered and went to bed at 10 and got straight asleep! I feel loads better for it today. I've even been the gym before work! My family think I'm ill for being so motivated!

Flowey so how long have you got left to the waxing? Does it depend on how fine your hair is wether you should trim? I dont know lol xx

My gosh, blossom you are motivated! I tried to do (I think fairly hard) pilates dvd for tummies a couple of days ago. Well did what I could which was barely nothing a certainly not was he was doing. I ache every time I cough, bend over, pick up kids. May try davina next time as may be a bit more my level (absolute beginner).

I am really struggling this time round with this diet. After my purple am pee am now buff again. Had nearly 200ml skimmed milk with my am coffee's (drink lots of coffee in am) but did this before, 3 shakes and 200ml s/milk and lost weight. I kinda think its half way between ss'ing and ss+'ing. Maybe tommorrow I'll have no milk and see if I can keep the pink/purple as it were.

I'm just really struggling with keeping my motivation this time round, worse than 1st time round anyway. Am not sure if its because I had my week1 and then got ill and ate in week 2, so in theory my week 3 is like wk1 again in my body getting back into ketosis.

I just feel crap and tired the whole time. I have no get up and go, which is hard with the kids as they want happy mummies attention. I still would really love to get to goal, or very close at the end of my plan (4 more tuesday weigh-ins), and am still motivated to loose weight, just feel like I'm having to push hard every step of the way. Its on my mind constantly, do you get what I mean.

I don't want to cheat, just want it to get a bit easier and soon otherwise I can see me falling off the wagon!

Sorry girlies just having a really good moan.

I've felt like that though earlier in the week. I couldnt be bothered to do anything at all. It seems to be getting better though the longer it is since I started.

Your probably best to take this week as wk 1 and a fresh start, put the others behind you, start a fresh and try not to focus on them. Sometimes if you feel like you've not done your best it can have a way of making you want to just quit. But dont!!

You can pull through it hunny xx

Thanxs blossom. I'm just having a bad day I think. Still got my cold (over a week - its a horrid one, I never suffer with them usually) but I guess that may be affecting my energy aswell.
I'm starting to split my packs so I can 6 a day which will hopefully help with the hunger pangs. Must drink more as well. Hope my next post is more perky, not going to cave yet!
Ta all

Hey Flowey

moan away!! I had a crap day yesterday...I find I struggle with the diet when I feel emotional about stuff and also when I feel I have achieved something, I have became so aware of how I rewarded myself with food.

This is a tough diet when we are having a down day and with wee ones to care for it can be hard.

My first week on the diet my wee boy said to me "You are so grumpy, if this is what this diet does to you then I want you fat"

I was pretty narky last week, not so bad this week.

You can and will do this...I love this thread and love the fact that we all can rant and moan and not pretend that this is easy and we are all in Utopia 24/7 lol

Keep your chin up!!

Kirsty

god that was a rant!!

Kirsty, thanxs for that. It explained it exactly, Its sounds like week 2 will be different.
Well I'm just counting down the days until Tues weigh in day, hope that inspires me a bit more. I will be strong!

Flowey well done on the purple ketostix. After my water challege yesterday it went to Faible (one after trace) and today its somewhere between trace and that, so I think the ketones must fluctuate.

With the waxing thing, they usually get you to move your nickers to the side, so dignity is remained, if they ask you to strip just say you'd rather not (im sure they wont though). You should trim your hair to 0.5-1cm ( bit longer would be fine). or shave and let it grow back for a bit before you go, otherwise they will trim it for you. Not unless its different in France.lol! You could always ring and ask. I seem to know a lot for someone whos never been, my mates all go and I ask lots of questions.

I have my first weigh in tomorrow, im actually looking forward to it.lol! What days does everyone else get weighed on?

Sounds like you are all doing OK, keep plodding on! x

hey Becky, good luck tomorrow...Saturday is my weigh in day too!

Back