Sugar/sweetener

How many sugar do you normally have in your coffee? What I did to like sweetener was slowly reduce the amount of sugar I had until I could enjoy coffee with no sugar at all, then once I started adding the sweetener it was heavenly to have that sweetness back!

I'm sure you will get there in the end :). You could also try one of the more 'sugar-like' sweeteners, they are less bitter.

i find that sucralose based sweeteners have a nicer taste than ones based on aspartame. maybe you could try a few brands until you find one you like.

I used to have 2 sugars in my tea, now have 2 sweeteners. You do get used to it, and actually sugar tastes weird now! I have hermesetas x

I've started drinking coffee because I can't stand sweetener in tea. In coffee, I don't think it's too bad.

Yes sweetener can have a strange tang to it. I personally like Tesco's own make but you may have to try a few to find the one that you like best.

Sweetener does have a funny taste when you first start using it. I'm not a fan of it at all TBH and have weaned myself off of adding anything to tea and coffee - it took me about a week before I got used to it!

Agave nectar is a good compromise, it's 1/2 syn per teaspoon but it's sweeter than sugar, and doesn't have any of the nasties associated with chemical sweeteners. Agave nectar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have to say I am having a similar problem at the moment... bought Truvia while in Whitby in May last year and I thought it was brilliant, 1 tsp is the equivalent of 3 tsps of sugar, so you only need a tiny bit on your sppon... but recently it seems to overpower everything! I can't stand it!

looks like I will have to go back to normal sweetener...

Back