Sugar

dreamslim

Silver Member
Apologies if this has already been discussed but I did a search and couldn't find anything. :)

Does anyone count the sugars in fruit? I'm on a 12 hour shift today and get ridiculously bored so tend to bring in loads of snacky things in have chocolate and cookies which total about 32g and a load of fruit that total about 36g putting me something like 34g over my daily allowance of sugar. Do people generally pay much heed when the sugar is in fruit?

I don't. I just count my calories on MFP and if I'm going over my fat protein or carbs on a regular basis I try and be a little more consious of making sure i'm eating a balanced diet but not to a point where I restrict myself from eating what I fancy.

I'd say if you are getting a lot of sugars from fruit then don't worry about it... unless you are following a low carb diet of course!

I pretty much only follow the calorie part in terms of what I count but at the same time I completely abstain from chocolate, cheese, chips, biscuits, cake and anything else which is classically bad for you. I'm sure there would be a way to squeeze them in in terms of calories but you're only cheating yourself by doing that and will just need to diet for longer.

Back