Suggestions Please

MrsPopi

Banned
How do you or how have you dealt with binge and restricting eating habits?

I don't binge nearly as bad as I used to. I guess along the way, my attitude changed dramatically... it was a painful change but worth the wait...

I think sometimes when you concentrate on eating a good wholesome diet & exercise, the bingeing can ease up a bit because you're distracted.

Just wish I could nail this problem - would be happy staying the size I am. Just hate having two extremes and no medium....

A medium is what I need, but how do I get one?

Its all about you and your will power. I used to be borderline anorexic, which I then kind of progressed on to bulimic. I found that I grew out of it, but I still sometimes binge but its the willpower to say after I've binged, not to starve for the next two days, to accept it as a fact or a mishap and continue with my healthy eating. Its a hard process but I think eventually mindset kicks in and you can do it. YOU are in control of your weight, your life.

Just wish I could nail this problem - would be happy staying the size I am. Just hate having two extremes and no medium....

A medium is what I need, but how do I get one?

That was me and that's still me sometimes. I realise when I feel alone or under a lot of stress, I tend to binge and then I think about eat too little the next day for example.
The only solution to overcome it is to trust yourself and trust you have the willpower in you. Plus, I settled one year ago a minumum maximum daily calories to eat in order to avoid the starve-binge cicle: no less than 1000cals and no more than 2000cals. My goal is to eat around 1500-1600cals, because those are my maintenance cals.
And yes, I have a day once in a moon where I go over 2000cals but I never use that as an excuse to starve the next day;the sooner you come back to the planned routine, the better.

Its all about you and your will power. I used to be borderline anorexic, which I then kind of progressed on to bulimic. I found that I grew out of it, but I still sometimes binge but its the willpower to say after I've binged, not to starve for the next two days, to accept it as a fact or a mishap and continue with my healthy eating. Its a hard process but I think eventually mindset kicks in and you can do it. YOU are in control of your weight, your life.

I relate to you and I subscribe your advice ;)

Back