Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by MrsPopi, 6 January 2011 Social URL.

1. MrsPopi

MrsPopi Banned

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    How do you or how have you dealt with binge and restricting eating habits?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I don't binge nearly as bad as I used to. I guess along the way, my attitude changed dramatically... it was a painful change but worth the wait...

I think sometimes when you concentrate on eating a good wholesome diet & exercise, the bingeing can ease up a bit because you're distracted.

4. MrsPopi

MrsPopi Banned

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Just wish I could nail this problem - would be happy staying the size I am. Just hate having two extremes and no medium....

A medium is what I need, but how do I get one?

5. brightlightkatie

brightlightkatie Member

Its all about you and your will power. I used to be borderline anorexic, which I then kind of progressed on to bulimic. I found that I grew out of it, but I still sometimes binge but its the willpower to say after I've binged, not to starve for the next two days, to accept it as a fact or a mishap and continue with my healthy eating. Its a hard process but I think eventually mindset kicks in and you can do it. YOU are in control of your weight, your life.

6. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    7st9lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
    That was me and that's still me sometimes. I realise when I feel alone or under a lot of stress, I tend to binge and then I think about eat too little the next day for example.
    The only solution to overcome it is to trust yourself and trust you have the willpower in you. Plus, I settled one year ago a minumum maximum daily calories to eat in order to avoid the starve-binge cicle: no less than 1000cals and no more than 2000cals. My goal is to eat around 1500-1600cals, because those are my maintenance cals.
    And yes, I have a day once in a moon where I go over 2000cals but I never use that as an excuse to starve the next day;the sooner you come back to the planned routine, the better.

I relate to you and I subscribe your advice ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.