Suggestions while other fish'n'chip it please?

Caramelle

Hello all!

We are going away with some friends on a caravan trip this weekend, and it's traditional that we always grab a fish&chips on the Friday evening. I'm trying to think what I can have as an alternative... any suggestions? I'm quite happy to take something along that I buy in advance as we do have a fridge, but the cooking facilities are very basic (we have a hob only). Also we are all tired when we get there, so something quick and easy to get out while everyone else is chipping it! (omg this is going to be a hard one)

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

a chicken kebab with no sauce is only 7.5 syns from the chippy

You could par boil some potatoes & fry them in fry light when you get there & have with a tin of fish. So you'll all be having the same only yours will be SW friendly ;)

It's one day and you're on holiday so you're allowed to have a little of what you fancy. Just count your syns over the week and have a few less for the rest of the week to make up for it.

Im with circes on this one, we still have a life to live and come on now we all need fish and chips every now and again :).

enjoy your fish and chips and be 100% good following days/week and eat loads of super free foods.

not sure how many syns there are in fish and chips a portion maybe lightly battered fish mite help.

Hiya hun,

Be careful how much fat you consume, when you have been on slimming world and then eat a lot of fat at once it can make you sick or the other!!! :eek:
What about a fish, take the batter off and then add a large carton of mush peas.:) Save a healthy B and then you can have two slices of brown bread with it.

It's not free because some oil will have got into the fish but it is nowhere near as bad as straight fish and chips and you will be joining in with everyone else.

Plus.... no COOKING! :8855:

Hahaha Patsy, good one! Would defo not want that to happen when we're 5 people in one tiny caravan lol!
Good idea re fish & bread. Like the idea of no cooking!! Any idea how many oil syns I should put towards it?

I would say 5 to be safe hun, even two cartons of peas if you like... but then again 5 in a caravan, maybe not:8855:

I am really motivated at the moment hun, but if it was me I would defo go with the fish and peas... brown bread too... cos I'm a greedy moooo :8855:

You wouldn't have to count syns for the fish unless you were on green:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Cod, fillet in batter, deep fried, all batter removed 28g
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 1 Syns
[/FONT]

You wouldn't have to count syns for the fish unless you were on green:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basic/Non Branded Foods Cod, fillet in batter, deep fried, all batter removed 28g[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 1 Syns
[/FONT]

Fish fried in batter is free? or have we got crossed wires?

wow... I really wouldnt have thought that. But thats fab!!!

Oh lordy lordy, this is getting better by the minute! Thanks guys!
PS: Will have to think about the 1 or 2 pots of mushy peas haha! X X

Lots of love from Caramelle X X X

Yes its true if you but a nice piece of any fish and remove all batter it is free, i have in the past bought a large haddock and taken every piece of batter off then a bit of salt and vinegar and hey presto free meal.

But now thinking of it if you had an extra easy day i think you maybe able to have chips too for not many syns a standard portion is 17.5 so if you halfed this 8.5 syns, a tub or two of mushy peas which are free and your 2 slices of bread thats 8.5 syns for Fish and Chips from the Chippy and you can feel not on a diet at all.

So to summarize

A piece of fish with batter removed free on red and extra easy
Mushy Peas free on green and extra easy
Chips 17.5 syns for a standard portion, have half for 8.5 on green or extra easy
2 slices of 400g loaf wholemeal bread.

Oh one other thought is saveloy is only 6.5 syns on red and extra easy.

Teresa32UK - YOU ARE A SUPER STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

That's fantastic. How you found that out I don't know, but that is amazing!!! here's to fish and chip'ing it at the weekend ladies! :)

Fish without the batter is free?!

That is AMAZING!!! I well want some now! (Well, not now, its 8.30am, but soon!) xx

Hi Caramelle

I always used to opt for boiled rice and a carton of curry sauce - think the sauce was 7 syns! Or how about an omellette? just ask them to go easy on the oil when cooking it!! you can have that with mushy peas and boiled rice!!

Good luck and have a nice time

misss xxx

Yes its true if you but a nice piece of any fish and remove all batter it is free, i have in the past bought a large haddock and taken every piece of batter off then a bit of salt and vinegar and hey presto free meal.

But now thinking of it if you had an extra easy day i think you maybe able to have chips too for not many syns a standard portion is 17.5 so if you halfed this 8.5 syns, a tub or two of mushy peas which are free and your 2 slices of bread thats 8.5 syns for Fish and Chips from the Chippy and you can feel not on a diet at all.

So to summarize

A piece of fish with batter removed free on red and extra easy
Mushy Peas free on green and extra easy
Chips 17.5 syns for a standard portion, have half for 8.5 on green or extra easy
2 slices of 400g loaf wholemeal bread.

Oh one other thought is saveloy is only 6.5 syns on red and extra easy.

This really is so super, I can't even say. Now I'm really struggling with the EE days as I can't seem to get my head around them. Please can someone tell me if I've planned this out correctly?

Breakfast
Muller light yoghurt + pear

Snacks
Strawberries, sugarsnap peas

Lunch
Leftover spaghetti with vegetarian tomato sauce (free)

Snacks strawberries + apple +couple of cups of tea/coffee with coffee mate low fat milk powder

Will I still be able to have the fish & chips as described above, or have I got this wrong somehow? Sorry to be a pain, but I really want these chips lol!!!

Back