sukies path into management and beyond

Sukiesue its lovely to read your diary as I am just a head of you in Managment (half way through Week 2). glad you are feeling better and have had a splurge at the shops. nothing like a bit of retail therapy is there!!
The food choices are better this week - having crudities and home made tzatziki is a highlight for me (munch away at work) as is sugar free jelly and a spoon of v low fat yog for dessert.
Good luck in the days ahead.
hi joolz,
thanks allot , i cant wait !!!:)

Ha ha Sukie, who would have thought we would go into raptures about yoghurt!

Glad to see that you are feeling better, long may it continue.

AJ
lol:D :D :D

i know ,
im the same with the long stemmed broccoli and mangtout in the supermarket,
its amazing how delicious veggies and fresh food tastes !!!!
im loving rediscovering my taste buds :p
sue x

Oh My God, long-stemmed broccoli!!! Mmm! Have you tried the purple sprouted variety? Can't always get it at Tesco, but love it when I can get it!

At some point you will be able to try jerusalem artichokes too. They look like small pale sweet potatoes, but have a similar texture to potatoes. I slice them into wedges, blast them in the micro and finish off in the oven. They have a perculiar flavour, not unpleasant. All part of the huge variety of different flavours I assault my tastebuds with nowadays!

Makes a change from the old 'salt', 'sugar', and 'fat' laden stuff I used to eat. Boring.

Hi Sukie

I have just caught up with your thread as have not been on much over the last week. So sorry about the news from your GP, there is nothing I can ay that will change the way you are feeling however, I am thinking of you..

you are doing really well with this stage of management and I had all the same fears as you but I am now 3 1/2 weeks in and the chatterbox has been quite quiet for a while now!!
take it easy and keep strong, oh and congrats on the shopping spree xxx

Oh My God, long-stemmed broccoli!!! Mmm! Have you tried the purple sprouted variety? Can't always get it at Tesco, but love it when I can get it!

At some point you will be able to try jerusalem artichokes too. They look like small pale sweet potatoes, but have a similar texture to potatoes. I slice them into wedges, blast them in the micro and finish off in the oven. They have a perculiar flavour, not unpleasant. All part of the huge variety of different flavours I assault my tastebuds with nowadays!

Makes a change from the old 'salt', 'sugar', and 'fat' laden stuff I used to eat. Boring.

ooo they sound intereresting:)
definately have to give them a bash , i know what you mean about the fat thing , its one thing i just dont miss at all

Hi Sukie

I have just caught up with your thread as have not been on much over the last week. So sorry about the news from your GP, there is nothing I can ay that will change the way you are feeling however, I am thinking of you..

you are doing really well with this stage of management and I had all the same fears as you but I am now 3 1/2 weeks in and the chatterbox has been quite quiet for a while now!!
take it easy and keep strong, oh and congrats on the shopping spree xxx

thanks tootsie,
thats good to know , it is scary when thes things start rearing up in your head , but its great coming on and getting hints , tips, and advise from you guys , keeps me on track:D
im feeling much better than last week and feeling very possetive and upbeat , STILL CANT BLOODY SPELL THOUGH !!!!:eek:

good morning all
well im feeling great today , started my day with a 2.5 mile walk to daughters nursery then into work , took 40 minutes !!!!! quite impressive for an ole lump like me :D :D :D
had a lovely cuppa this morning with the regulation toffee/ nut bar :) ,
made crudites of radishes , long stemmed brocoli ( aj im off at lunch time to buy the purple ones to try!!!!!:D tescos had them in yday !!!), mangtout and spears of courgettes , also mad a big batch of fat free tsatziki last night so have a portion of that as a dip for a snack troughout the day , will have to squeeze in vanilla late somewhere , i struggle now im eating the veggies aswell ,feeling allot fuller !! not a pleasant sensation ! how did we walk around with stomaches bulging with all that food before ll????:confused:

made a batch of tandori chicken last night too to take some with me tonight when the girls all meet up at my friends house for tea , ill just have her salad my dip and chicken and probably have a nicer meal:eek:
well things are going great guns now , (tummy wobbles aside :D ) so onwards and upwards eh !!!!

oooo lforgot to say lost 1.8lb last week , quite chuffed !!!:D

been a bad lass !!!!

well ,evening again !!!
had my super fast walk home tonight , thats another 2.5 miles clocked up:D enjoyed it but issa is under the weather so feeling all emtional and tied up in knots as any mum does when their little ones are suffering (chicken pox and hand, foot and mouth are doing the rounds in the nurserys).
anyway , had a great day , crudites and dip were lovely , although filling , was a 'bad lass' tonight as i stood by the sink and ate some smoked makerel for my tea, with some cooked prawns , no salad no dignity and no seat !!! what the hell !!!:eek:
i just got in and knew i needed to eat tea but didnt want to focus on anything .i get so drained when i worry about issa and im trying to keep her upbeat , but thats no excuse for sloppy behaviour and poor eating habits, will have to watch it doesnt become a habit . i know i should sit down now and have some plain salad but im just full and can be arsed really :eek: , i just want to veggetate infront of the tv watch crap tellie that ive sky + this week and look forward to the weekend with my angel (and mostly forget i have to go again on monday and do peoples nails and massages again for another5 days :D ) im kind of glad i didnt go out , i didnt want to leave issa but now i have a good excuse to make like broccoli and stare gormlesly at the tv until hot choc pack time :D :D :D then bed to dream of oh . xx

well so much for being a veg in front of the tv last night , finally made it there after 10 sat with hot choc pack and promptly fell asleep, stiff neck when i woke at 11.30 :) but must have needed it !!!

well its official issa has hand , foot and mouth (so does my 8 year old nephew!!) so the poor little peep is feeling soo poorly ,so of course my chatter box is out in force and pounding up a drumbeat in my brain!!!:eek: !!

had a good day despite issa being off colour ( pre diagnosis:) ) had to go to the bridal shop for issa to try on dress for being a flower girl at my mums wedding , met my new (i guess step nieces) family (ish) kind of weird to make it to 34 and now have 5 step siblings with their partners and kids ect, im now officially going to be related to half of whitehaven (the other half are all related too !!!!) ive alway loved being an outsider !!!;)
anyway enough mundane chatter .

wasnt hungy at brekkie so had a black coffee , earl grey tea with a little milk and a sugar free jelly , realised it amounted to less than 20 calories so thought id better have something else , so had half a little pot of fat free fromage frais .

lunch was out today so had my veggie snack then in the shape of a small green salad although i did pinch a little of my mums salmon (felt so great to be out and eating !!)had my bar after while wandering and enjoyed that.

for dinner i made weight watchers turkey burgers OMG!!!!! delicious , made them without the onion (waiting for wk 4:D )but added a little spring onion instead , they were sooooo good , probably the best thing ive made to date on management ,
ate those with a big old salad and some tzatsiki , so good .

now though my chatter box has been telling me alsorts , and feeling such emotional hunger (that plus totm coming, im always tortured the week before)
i know i wont have anything though as i deserve better than that but, my god its so anoying !!!!:D
still need to have 1.5 foodpacks today but ill enjoy my hot choc before bed and infront of the tv , hopefully with my eyes open today:eek: !!!

now see ,just talking about it has calmed my cb down!!!!(just to a dull roar !!:D :D )
roll on tomorrow and a new day xx

hi every one ,
well the last 4 days have been interesting .
as i said my little one got sick so ive been off with her and so bored /emotional that ive been consumed with thoughts of food and such , litterally driving myself crazy and longing for abstinence again.
didnt deviate from the plan except for portions sizes , ive struggled so much and had my head in the fridge for most of the time:mad:
luckily the choices have been allowable foods but ive been eating more than i should and feeling crap.
but dont want to go on so will start again today and its been so easy so far ,issa is well again , and im back at work (so not astay at home mum ive been climbing the walls !!! and feeling so guilty about it :eek: !!!)
so today
started the day with my usual 2.5 miles and had a black coffe and regulation bar at work for brekkie , lunch i just had a snack of mangetout, long stemmed broccoli and radishes with fat free blue cheese dip, followed with a sugar free jelly and some fat free yog, feels good to have a clear hear and sense of purpose again ,

had a pack of vanilla split between two coffees later and tae was some trout fillet marinated in yogurt garlic , ginger and chili and gilled , different but very tasty, served that up with vges and mushrooms tossed in soy garlic and chili (chili mood im afraid !!!:D )
tonight ill finish off with a lovely hot chocolate pack before bed , my favourite time of the day .:D
just rewarded myself with an hour long aromatherapy bath and promptly dosed off:eek: , tired???? mmm perhaps!!!
done alllot of thinking lately and i now realise that stress and boredom are bad triggers for me , luckily ive managed to veer clear of poor food choices but this is something im really going to have to be aware of in the months and years to come if i want to maintain a healthy weight and a balanced attitude to food ect.. perhaps i really need to look at more counciling to deal with these stress triggers, or maybey i just need to really take action long BEFORE and relax more rather than allowing myself to be dragged down by daily events and lifes crisies!!!!?????
need to work on me time !!!!

week 3,
wooohoo fruit !!!!!!
im not bothered about the red meat thing , although an omelet as a light and quick meal will be lovely:D .

started my day with an amazing smoothie :D :D :D
hada strawberry one , so fresh and tangy , im already addicted :eek: .
had a black coffe aswell as my water , i ve treid white coffe again , sooo not interested !!! i do still enjoy my white tea though .its amazing how your tastes change when you havent killed youre taste buds with rubbish !!!!
also have had an apple and some green grapes !!! ooo so lucious how did i miss all these things pre lighter life , how was i so blinded ?????:confused: .

its so funny i was just talking to a client before who was asking after my daughter and how i coped at home and i replied with 'ive been so emotional ive never had my head out of the fridge , ive been comfort eating so bad'
she of course was 'o no poor u did you eat all sorts of bad things ??? 'to which i replied oooo no why would i do that ??? no ive just eaten about 5 sugar free jellies a day and way to many vegetable crudites , im soooo dissapointed in myself !!!!!:D :eek: :D
she couldnt help roar with laughter stating that shed heard it all now :D !!! it just goes to show , you cant take away the emotional stresses of life but how you handle them makes all the difference , dont get me wrong , i really need to learn alternative ways of coping when life gets hard but if i find i stumble ,its much better comforting myself with healthy options rather than the mars bars in the choccie tin i would normally have raided!!!(this was never an option as i decided im worth way too much for that !!!)

so lesson learned again and back on track ,but happly no heavier and allot wiser !!!!:eek: !!!!
so lunch time now so i will have my veggie snack with soy sauce ,ginger ,garlic and chilli dressing i made last night ,mmmm!!!!:D

week 3,
wooohoo fruit !!!!!!

its so funny i was just talking to a client before who was asking after my daughter and how i coped at home and i replied with 'ive been so emotional ive never had my head out of the fridge , ive been comfort eating so bad'
she of course was 'o no poor u did you eat all sorts of bad things ??? 'to which i replied oooo no why would i do that ??? no ive just eaten about 5 sugar free jellies a day and way to many vegetable crudites , im soooo dissapointed in myself !!!!!:D :eek: :D
she couldnt help roar with laughter stating that shed heard it all now :D !!! it just goes to show , you cant take away the emotional stresses of life but how you handle them makes all the difference , dont get me wrong , i really need to learn alternative ways of coping when life gets hard but if i find i stumble ,its much better comforting myself with healthy options rather than the mars bars in the choccie tin i would normally have raided!!!(this was never an option as i decided im worth way too much for that !!!)

so lesson learned again and back on track ,but happly no heavier and allot wiser !!!!:eek: !!!!
so lunch time now so i will have my veggie snack with soy sauce ,ginger ,garlic and chilli dressing i made last night ,mmmm!!!!:D

Oh Sue, that so made me laugh - I could have written that, its so me!! Well done you for getting through the emotional crisis with your daughter.

Isn't fruit fantastic!!!! Its such a lovely snack - I just have to watch I don't go too mad with the grapes etc. But I just LOVE the taster of frsh fruit.

Keep up all the good work hun.

Joolz x

hi joolz , yes the fruit is grat , and like you i could go on and on, ive had a great few days and feeling good , despite yet more traumas with nurseries ect, but havent had time to post with daughter on hip:D , so i am jut checking in whilst trying to stop sticky little fingers pressig the keys:p
so i will update properly later

Back