SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Just a quick well done to Jo and Suzanne. Soooooo ready for the weekend. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Don't forget what ever happens keep smiling. ??????

Hi everyone well done to all me you on your losses. I'm just wondering if any of you are struggling to use all your points? I had the same problem last time I did ww so stopped using low fat products but this time I've found I still have 2 or 3 spare points every day. I don't want to eat junk just to use them up. Any ideas?

Thanks for the advice I'm going to try using more points for breakfast this morning. Toast and fruit juice instead of special k. Hopefully it will do the trick.

Happy weekend everyone :)

How is everyone doing?

Well I have to do it .......................... YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, I have actually lost weight -2.5 lbs for me this morning. FInally its shifting again. I am so chuffed, 2 days ago it was looking a bit bleak again for this week but somehow something has moved :). I guess really it pays not to weigh until actual 'weigh in' day, otherwise as proved it gets me all disheartened for no reason. Thank you all for your support - you've been FAB :)

Jo - am loving the pics, it must be really rewarding. Our back garden, well, yard, is just a square of concrete - it really is tiny, we have a few pots but thats about it!. I must admit though, i'm not a gardner, I tend to kill everything somehow.

Does anyone have nice things planned for the weekend? I have having lunch with my mum today, then a bit of housework, Zumba, and thats it. THen tomorrow a day at home I think as hubby is working - he's a 'Kwik Fit Fitter' so tends to work most weekends!!

How are the rest of you 'Saturday' weigh ins doing?

I am so very very proud of us all - we've beaten the odds. Dont they say most new years diets go belly up within 10 days ............... well, we've proved everyone wrong cos we're still going strong so a very big :massmoon: to anyone that doubts us :). GO TEAM

Well, off to shower and try and find something in my wardrobe that I can get in to (wont be long and it will all fit again hopefully :)).

Hope you all have an absolutely fantastic weekend.

Love xxx :bighug:

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday
(wk 1) STS :( (wk 2) -2.5 lb:bliss:
Clare - Tuesday (wk 1) - 7lbs :bliss:
Karen - Saturday
Suzanne - Friday (wk 1) - 3 lbs :party0049:
Eabha - Wednesday
(wk 1) - 1.5lb
:)
Ang - Wednesday (wk 1) - 4lb :clap:
Sai - Wednesday
Lee - Monday (wk 1) - 2.5lb :)
Juicy -
Marli - Tuesday (wk 1) - 5lbs :clap:
Rewind - Wednesday

Claire 2 - Monday
Busy Bee - Wednesday
Loumo - Saturday
Safc - Tuesday
Kernow Jo - Friday (wk 1) -1lb :flirt2:

Can you all please check the weight loss tracker above - i'm sure I put a 2nd weeks loss on there for one of you Lovelies the other day, but its dissapeared! Let me know and i'll update . Sorry, dont quite know what happened xxxx

WELL DONE BECCA!!! I'm so happy for you!! That's made my morning :) our team are doing sooooo well!

I was thinking that instead of listing weight loss by week, we could do total loss against our goal? So mine would be (7/20) next to my name? Just thought that could represent the journey instead of people being disheartened if we have to put week 3 STS or something? Probably not making sense am I....ha!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, another 15 hour working day, so busy at the mo but I also felt odd not being able to post and see how you are all doing! It's great how we are all sticking together.

Me and my boyfriend are looking after his niece and nephew (age 2 and 4, eeek!) for the whole weekend. We just took them for breakfast and they all had a fry up and I had an Alpen light and cup of tea, proud! We are off to the zoo now.... :)

Hope you're all doing fab and enjoy your weekend xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Becca well done, that's a great result. I'm so happy for you :D Well done to Suzanne and Jo also on your losses yesterday. Jo your pics look great I'm so jealous. My granny use to have plots like that and I loved them as a child!

Becca I had a second week which has disappeared it should be down 2lbs! Thanks for keeping track of the tracker you do a great job of keeping us all motivated!

I had a bit of a picking day yesterday. I literally picked at any food in sight. I ended up still having points left so I used them for the picking. Hopefully I'm still on track. I'm going to go for a long walk today and tomorrow. How's everyone else's weekend going?

Go go becca....I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Had to do some bits in town this morning came home and made a carrot and coriander soup with enough left for some soup at work in the week. Off for a nice walk tomorrow at the local park.
Managed to claw back the extra points that I used Wednesday so all back on track now. Got some homemade turkey burgers and a few oven chips tonight and for pud a chocolate sponge with some WW custard.

Bought some ryvita minis today which are 1.5 points a bag. Should make a nice change during the week.

Good luck to anyone weighing in today and tomorrow????

Hey, well done Becca that's a great loss this week. Everyone is doing really well.

I've managed 1 1/2 lbs this week. It's less than I hoped but to be honest more than I expected. My week has gone from being re-interviewed for my job (employer making redundancies) to my husband smashing up the car (thankfully everyone was ok). As an 'emotional' eater it's all being a bit too much for my 17 points a day!!

Anyway, hopefully I should get some good news about my job on Tuesday and then I might get my ww mojo back ?

K x

Oh my word Karen what a week you've had :hug99::hug99::hug99:. I am glad your hubby was ok. When will you hear about your job? Well done though for your loss hon, its an achievement :).

Hiya Twinny - I understand exactly what you're saying :). We must be on the same wave length. How does everyone else feel? WOuld you like the weight tracker to change to say how many pounds you've lost (on this challenge) against how many you'd like to loose, or would you prefer it to stay the same. Or, I could of course do 2 - 1 for each, that way we can still track losses for the week, then on a new tracker underneath, I can put the amount loss against target loss i.e 2.5/20 for me this week. Does that make sense? Good idea Clare :)

Twinny, how is it going with the children? I am so proud of you for having a low fat brekkie :).

Lee - Carrot and Coriander soup sounds lush - is it point free?

Eabha - dont be too hard on yourself lovely, we all have those days, the important thing is to remember tomorrow is a new day and you can start over :)

Jo and Eahba - apologies for missing you on the tracker - I swear I put Eabha's loss on there! -- Must have been dreaming.

I'm just on my way out at the mo to visit nan (in care home), but will make a point tomorrow of updating tracker and devising a new one too :).

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday everyone :) xx:bighug:

ps. if anyone is wondering what Clare and I are talking about with our shopping trip - we have decided it would be nice to have lunch and a bit of retail therapy at the end of the challenge to celebrate our success. We were thinking somewhere central that we could get to by car / train - maybe Cheltenham, or Birmingham maybe. I know some of you live too far away but if anyone else is interested we'll let you know nearer the time :)

Morning my lovely thinning friends :)

How is everyone today? I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday :). I have just done an hour of Zumba and had a Tesco blueberry muffin (5 points), and a Nescafe SKinny cappucino (1.5 points) for a very late brekkie :).

Lee - hope you enjoy your walk today

Twinny - how is your weekend going? Hope you're having fun :)

Ang, Suzanne, Rewind, Eabha, Marli and everyone else - HAPPY SUNDAY :)

Jo - Cornish Market world - I love it there. In fact to be perfectly honest I just love every second I spend in Cornwall. We're coming down for a week in May - I can't wait.

Is everyone staying strong? I have NEVER had motivation stay so strong for so long before, especially when I struggled to loose anything in the beginning, but with you all spurring me on I haven't faltered. - Love you :)

Completely going off the subject of WW - have any of you ladies tried Elemis skin care? Oh my gosh - it is absolutely incredible. I've seen it on QVC quite a few times, and just thought that of course they would say it was great to sell it. But, I bought 2 different sets last week, have used them for 5 days, and I have to say my skin has NEVER looked so good. I have a few blotches in places, and lumps under my skin, but they have all gone - I am amazed - HIGHLY recommended peeps. I even tried it out on hubby the other day (as it is unisex) and for a man who works in a dirty garage every day - he had glowing skin as soft as a baby's bum :)

Anyway, I just had to share that with you.

Just off now to make my menu planner for the week - I had done it but then found lots of bits in my frezer I forgot I had so a few tweaks needed.

Oh - one more thing :), i'll carry on with the exsisting tracker, but add by your name the total loss against your goal loss if you would like (i'll need to your how many lbs you want to loose those please :), and so it doesn't get too long, every 4 weeks i'l tot up the total loss for that period and display that. let me know if thats ok with everyone.

Speak soon, enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

motivational :bighug:

Weigh in days:
Becca (2.5/20) - Saturday (wk 1) STS :( (wk 2) -2.5 lb:bliss:
Clare (7/20) - Tuesday (wk 1) - 7lbs :bliss:
Karen - Saturday (wk 1) -1.5lbs:bliss:
Suzanne - Friday (wk 1) - 3 lbs :party0049:
Eabha - Wednesday
(wk 1) - 1.5lb :) (wk 2) - 2lbs :clap:
Ang - Wednesday (wk 1) - 4lb :clap:
Sai - Wednesday
Lee - Monday (wk 1) - 2.5lb :)
Juicy -
Marli - Tuesday (wk 1) - 5lbs :clap:
Rewind - Wednesday

Claire 2 - Monday
Busy Bee - Wednesday
Loumo - Saturday
Safc - Tuesday
Kernow Jo - Friday (wk 1) - 2.75lbs :flirt2: (wk 2) -1lb :party0049:

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've not been in touch for a few days but we've had a big upset in the family.
My son-in-law, Chris, who is 38 had a major heart attack on Wednesday night.
We live in Lancashire and my daughter lives in Kent so we had to drive like mad overnight to be with her.
He has now come out of intensive care and is on the cardiac unit and thankfully is much better

My daughter, Debi, has so much to cope with already as she has a 7yr old son, Kane, who is autistic and 6 year old twins Rosie, who is fine and Jamie, who is totally blind.

If everything goes well Chris may be allowed home mid week and we'll be going back home then.

But as you can understand my eating plan has gone a bit down hill. I have not been counting points but trying to eat the healthy choices in the hospital canteen and then cooking as best I can for Deb to have dinner on an evening.

Well done to Becca, Karen and Jo for your weight loss and good luck to all the rest of you who are due to get weighed next week

I'll keep in touch when I can

Luv Ang x

Ang - I am so very sorry to hear your news. You just do what you have to do and catch up as and when you can. As long as you're being healthyish thats good - I would struggle under the circumstances so well done you. Just take you time and we'll be here thinking of you and waiting for you to feel ready to return. Lots of love xxxxxxxxx

Ang I hope you're holding up ok - what horrible news, thinking of you all and big hugs. Don't worry about the diet or this board, we'll be here to welcome you back when you're ready xxx

Twinny - had a lovely weekend with the kids but I'm shattered, I never knew how tiring it would be!! Extremely annoyed as I've been so good, even just been to a carvery and ordered salad - scales currently say 2 pounds on :( thanks for the tip on elemis, I've seen it a few times and did wonder. Hope you've enjoyed the rest of your weekend :)

Everyone else - hope you've had a fab one, and here's to another good week! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey everyone
Started properly last Monday but keeping my weigh days for Wednesday which is why I never logged in my weight, but hopefully this Wednesday will be a great loss. Hope everyone is doing well and getting fit, just ordered davina McCall high energy DVD workout anyone tried it or tried a good work out DVD trying to get fit and healthy this year and lose 5 stones! Hoping I can do it in 1 year let's see.

Sai

Becca - what Elemis product do you use? I'm due for a change so I'll have a look next time I'm shopping.

Ang - sorry to hear your news. Hope things will be ok.

I've had a lovely day - We drove over to the Lakes and did a fab 4 1/2 hr walk up High Street. Not the highest thing around by any means, but it was fantastic (and cold!) getting to the top. If that hasn't worked off some weight then I don't know what will!

Karen x

Ang very sorry to hear about your son-in-law. Glad that he's on the road to recovery. You'll probably find that you'll make unconscious healthy choices :)

Sas I use the Davina 30 minute workout DVD and find it great. The only thing is you have to do it continuously for it to have an effect.

Becca I'm almost sure you did include the 2nd WI but it must have just gotten lost in the copy and pasting.

So far weekend has gone well. I've stuck to points and I feel great. Didn't get out for my walks though. Hopefully I'll fit in exercise this week.

hi everyone ,
i have been a lurker for a few days and now finding the courage to log on...have to say each and everyone of you are lovely on this thread. i have just started back at ww again discovery...was messing around with propoints but i just couldnt get used to it..anyway will post my stats tomorrow after weigh in in am. ...have 3 stone to lose and i know if i stik around here with ye ..i can do it!
just wanted to ang sorry about your son in law...so worrying for ye all...
looking forward to the summer!

Hello everyone, I would really love to join you all, I used to take part in a lot of challenges on here during my weight loss journey.I started off last Jan, at 14 stone 3lbs,and was on the WW pro points till Oct,where I hit my target of 12 stone...I have recently joined my local gym,and love it! I have developed a passion for the Body Jam class and Zumba. I did manage to go down to 11 stone 9 lbs by December..BUT due to loss of exercise over the holiday period and over indulgence, i'm back up to 12 stone.I have set myself a goal of getting down to 11 stone. I wish you all the best of luck on your weight loss journey.x.

Hi Jo, thank you for your welcome..Your weight loss is fantastic! Well done you.x.
I have been reading through this thread up to page 7, everyone seems really lovely and very supportive. What a great group, I forgot to say my WI day, I used to WI on a Monday, so i'll WI tomorrow morning on the digital scales at the gym,as I can start recording my body fat as well.I look forward to chatting with you all soon, and hope things get better for those of you going through a bad time. Anita.x.

Back