SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

morning clare,

a 1lb loss is better than a 1lb gained....your still losing. which is fantastic!!;);)

after having such a big loss on the first week you kinda set yourself up for a bit of a downer week 2. there was no way you could sustain a 7lb loss each week.
Just remember 6 months challenge not 2 weeks.
you sare looking at it from the right angle 8lbs in 2 weeks...i'm still 2lbs behind you.

Just look back at what you may have done differently and re-evaluate your week ahead.

enjoy the rest of your day:):):):D

Good morning, well done Skinny on your loss,a lb is good, better than putting on.x....One thing you have to remember on your weight loss journey is, it's not how far you've got to go, it's how far you've come.. I woke up this morning feeling really let down with myself, for putting on weight over Christmas, but now i've given myself a "pep talk" and am determined to lose it again...I did it before, I CAN do it again!
I'm going to walk and drop my youngest off at nursery, and then head to the gym for a Body Jam session, can't wait to get burning the fat off! Hope you all have a great day.x.

Morning All!
How are you all, hope you've all been fine.
I've had the most crappiest weekend ever and it really effected my focus on my points. I never had my phone for 2 days neither access to my laptop so wasn't able to call on you guys for some support.

I've been really upset about, haven't done any exercise for 4 days and went over my points both days on the weekend.

Anyways its a fresh week and hopefully i don't get stuck short again and wont give in to emotional eating.

I will be back to give you my weigh in and will have a read through all the post over the last 3 days xx

Thanks guys :) I don't think I would do anything differently to be honest, I've sat and watched friends tuck in to nice food whilst I've had plain salad, I have taken my own food to a dinner party etc - I don't want this to limit my life any more than that!

I guess I need to remember that I only have 12 pounds to go to get to the lowest weight I'd have been in 10 years, so I know it is going to be slow now! As long as it is in the right direction and not gains as you say, it's all good :)

Marli - sorry you are feeling down hon - anything that we can help you with? Don't worry about your loss of focus, in the grand scheme of things a couple of days won't hurt. Draw a line under it and today is a fresh start :)

xx

Morning guys!

Weighed and I've lost 2lbs! I'm pleased especially how the last part of the week went, part of me knows is could of been better but hey that's life and as we all keep reminding each other its a journey!
So I'm officially half a stone lighter in 2 weeks, i can't complain! Woo hoo.
Thanks for your words Clare, im feeling alot better now x

@Ang i really sorry to hear about your son inlaw and soo pleased that he is recoverying. I hope everything goes well, keep positive hun, i will be thinking of you x

@Becca! Well done gurlllll! I am so pleased for you esecially how you was feeling previously. Big hug!

@Lee,Karen and Clare. Well done guys Hi5!!

A big Welcome to 4ever and Misteeq!

We are all doing really well with out weightlosses, so we should all be proud of ourselves and each other!

Marli said:
Morning guys!

Weighed and I've lost 2lbs! I'm pleased especially how the last part of the week went, part of me knows is could of been better but hey that's life and as we all keep reminding each other its a journey!
So I'm officially half a stone lighter in 2 weeks, i can't complain! Woo hoo.
Thanks for your words Clare, im feeling alot better now x

@Ang i really sorry to hear about your son inlaw and soo pleased that he is recoverying. I hope everything goes well, keep positive hun, i will be thinking of you x

@Becca! Well done gurlllll! I am so pleased for you esecially how you was feeling previously. Big hug!

@Lee,Karen and Clare. Well done guys Hi5!!

A big Welcome to 4ever and Misteeq!

We are all doing really well with out weightlosses, so we should all be proud of ourselves and each other!

Well done marli go go you????

Well done Marli!! :):):):)

I am worried about this weekend - I am flying to Scotland on Friday so see one of my oldest friends, staying with her too so somewhat limited to what I am eating. We are also all going out for dinner and for (a lot) drinks on Saturday - I am so nervous about losing control. The devil on my shoulder says 'you still have to enjoy life and you only see her once every 2 years' and the angel is saying 'DON'T FALL OFF THE WAGON!!!' arrrghhh!! xx

Hi guys,
Can anyone remember how many points you are allowed to save per day/ week?? I'm sure there's a maximum.....

I've been invited over for dinner on Sat and have an 85th birthday on Sunday and I'm trying to plan ahead...

Mornin'everyone

Well I'm back home as Chris is soooooo much better and coming home either today or tomorrow. :woohoo:
Was lovely to sleep in my own bed after bunkin up with the little ones for almost a week:zz::zz:

Well done to everyone who has lost or sts whilst I've been away. I'll spent some time later today looking through the back posts and see how you've all been doing

I haven't had the guts to get on the scales but will brave them in the morning for my weekly weigh in and whatever they say will be ok after the week I've had

Welcome to all the new members who I haven't met yet. You are really on the best thread there is. We are a friendly, lively bunch but keep one another sane on this weight loss journey.:welcome2::welcome2:
Becca deserves a medal for keeping us all under control :copon:

I'm going shopping soon to get some healthy food, even my lovely hubby, Bill says he is fed up with eating "crap". What is it with little ones and McDonalds/KFC ?:yuk::eat:

Well speak to you all later

Luv Ang x

Hi guys,
Can anyone remember how many points you are allowed to save per day/ week?? I'm sure there's a maximum.....

I've been invited over for dinner on Sat and have an 85th birthday on Sunday and I'm trying to plan ahead...

Hi Marli,

Yes the maximum points your allowed to carry over each day is a maximum of 4.

Hope that Helps:eek:

just wondering what is the max carried ove points u can eat ....say u carried over 4 day for 5 days...can u eat the extra 20 for special occasion?...sounds too good to be true

Well hello everyone

I see there are a few people feeling a little disheartened with themselves for one reason or another, so :copon: for being down on yourselves,:hug99: becuase you're feeling a little low and hugs help so many things, and finally :happy096: for your absolute amazing strength and will power in the first place to decide you need to and are going to loose weight, and also for your weight losses so far. Just remember that the goals we set are our own, there are no rules to say that we cant have off days, weekends where we go off the rails because we are doing what is right in 'enjoying life' (otherwise what is the point of anything), there will be times with great losses, times where we put on because of 'occasions' (but then who wants to say I had a miserable birthday / Christmas / holiday because I was the one sat in the corner with a diet coke and plate of salad), but overall the results will be fab, we will achieve our goals together, and one day whether its in 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years we will be winners in our challenge I am sure of it :winner:. Seriously everyone, I know its never easy to stay on track all of the time and it is disheartening, but picture the long term goal and just imagine how wonderful you are going to feel :) - ok, love you all and pep talk over - sorry!!!! :grouphugg:

Karen - what a relief, I am so pleased your job is safe, that must be such a weight off your mind

Eabha - well done resisting the temptation, keep up the good work :

Misteeq - housework can be just as tiring as the gym - and you feel better after cos your house so tidy :). I get frustrated walking around and seeing a mess.

Lee - I know exactly what you mean re being anxious about weigh in!!! Back to remembering the 'long term picture' I guess :)

Twinny - have text you hun, but well done you. 8lbs in 2 week in absolutely INCREDIBLE :). Go girlfriend :party0049:

Marli - well done to you too hun - 2lbs is fab :).

I have a lot of work to do to keep up with all these great losses that keep coming in - keep it up everyone :)

Ang - am so glad your son in law is better, what a worrying time it must have been

afm - well, i'm doing just fine I think. I seem to be extremely motivated still (again its all your fault ), and am actually enjoying everything at the mo, work, home (although thats always good - been with hubby for nearly 3 years and we've still not so much as had a crossed word :)), and i'm even sticking with the exercising. Talking of which, i've mentioned I dance - well, can anyone remember the tune The Goodmen 'Give it up', from the 90's well, last night my teacher said its our new samba song - wow, did I sweat :) - and i'd already done ZUmba express before I left the house.

Well, on that note, hope you all have a good day, will try to catch up later

xxxxx

Last edited:
Weigh in days:
Becca (2.5/20) - Saturday (wk 1) STS :( (wk 2) -2.5 lb:bliss:
Clare (7/20) - Tuesday (wk 1) - 7lbs :party0049: (wk 2) -1lb :party0049:
Karen - Saturday (wk 1) -1.5lbs:bliss:
Suzanne - Friday (wk 1) - 3 lbs :party0049:
Eabha - Wednesday
(wk 1) - 1.5lb :) (wk 2) - 2lbs :clap:
Ang - Wednesday (wk 1) - 4lb :clap:
Sai - Wednesday
Lee (6/42) - Monday (wk 1) - 2.5lb :) (wk 2) - 3.5 :greenapple:
Juicy -
Marli - Tuesday (wk 1) - 5lbs :clap: (wk 2) -2lbs :party0049:

Rewind - Wednesday
Claire 2 - Monday
Busy Bee - Wednesday
Loumo - Saturday
Safc - Tuesday
Kernow Jo (3.75/19) - Friday (wk 1) - 2.75lbs :flirt2: (wk 2) -1lb :party0049:
4ever - Monday (wk 1) -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Monday

Well done Marli!! :):):):)

I am worried about this weekend - I am flying to Scotland on Friday so see one of my oldest friends, staying with her too so somewhat limited to what I am eating. We are also all going out for dinner and for (a lot) drinks on Saturday - I am so nervous about losing control. The devil on my shoulder says 'you still have to enjoy life and you only see her once every 2 years' and the angel is saying 'DON'T FALL OFF THE WAGON!!!' arrrghhh!! xx

Hi Clare,
I'm in exactly the same dilemma this weekend. My oldest friend is cooking me dinner on Saturday, I haven't seen her for ages so i know is gonna include drinkies! And an 85th birthday on Sunday with friends and family...I've decided to try and save points on a daily basis so i can enjoy the weekend.
We have to remember we only live once, but also remember what is our goal...our journey to a slimmer us! So I'm gonna try and prepare myself for a great weekend where i can indulge sensibly.
Lee reminded me that its a maximum of 4 points a day we can save, so maybe try and save a few or do some exercise to earn some points in the meantime.

Hi everyone
Hope ur all doing well, it's my 1st weigh in tmw am really scared as from Saturday I havnt been 100%. Do u guys do anything specific the day before your Weigh in day such as eat all ur points or eat before a certain time would like to know if anything works for u guys. Also for the boys and girls who have lost 1lb this is wot it looks like so plz don't be upset if its only a pound Cuz it's actually a really good amount xxx

image-220708067.jpg

Hello everyone, hope your day has been good.Mine has been pretty good.. Lots of walking and Body Jam class this morning, I felt pretty tuckered out afterwards,lol. I have also stuck within my points and have 2 points left over! I have become addicted to eating celery and cucumber sticks dipped into light Philadelphia with chives cheese, so I think that's helping me not eat chocolate...Now looking forward to Zumba tomorrow.On a personal note, I LOVE this community, as I've NEVER had any support at home with my weight loss journey, it's really nice to be able to talk about what i'm planning on doing/done fitness/eating wise. I also find comfort in knowing that everyone on here experiences the same feeling I do for example the anxiety I feel when I have to WI. Thank you for this group.x.

lads i was feeling like something sweet and bad ......but reading how active misteeq is ..ill get an orange instead........luv this group too!

Back