SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

LouMo said:
1st WI 2moro wish me luck! Everyone is doing so well hope I can keep up with you all x

Hi Lou mo, sorry I think I missed you out in my welcome here post. Ski here it is welcome to our community.

Good luck for your weigh in today.

ang2252 said:
Just spent over an hour catching up on last weeks posts and all I can say is that I am proud to be part of our little group
:character00148: :0clapper:
Weigh in tomorrow for me, so I would like to wish my fellow Wednesday weighers good luck. :scale:

See less of you all (weight wise !!!) here tomorrow
:4633: :4635:

Luv Ang xx

Good luck today ang.. How this thread has grown....fantastic!!! So many people joining that I feel quite rude as I miss new people out to welcome them...hard to keep up?????

Sas101 said:
My weigh in tmw too, good luck to the Wednesday weigh ins xxx

Good luck with your weigh in today sas

Morning all,

I must say this thread had grown so much that I may have forgotten to say welcome to some new summer challenge 2012 members. If I have missed you out sorry but welcome.

Well into week 3 of my challenge and feeling totally strong minded. I've not been tempted to stray off the path since my last mini blow up where I went 6 points over in one day. Although strangely enough it was on my better loss week.
I do have fantastic support from my wife who probably knows the plan as well as me albeit she is not someone who needs to lose any weight herself but has embraced it withe the same enthusiasm as if she did. I have also had a varied diet and since the start have not eaten the same meal more than once. Trying to keep it interesting.
I exercise only once a week which seems to be working for me. And I also remember my leader once pointing out that the more exercise you do the more your body depends on reaching that same level each week to be able to lose weight. Any one else hear that?

Well I better go as I need to finish getting ready for work....catch you later and keep smiling

Hi everyone, well I've done my first weigh in... was a little bit worried as I hadn't been 100%, not been really bad just had a couple of crazy days at work and couldnt point and I've got new scales which are exact to 0.1lb. However I'm really happy to say I've lost 2.2lb!! How is everyone else getting on?

Hey all just did my 1st weigh and i lost 2 pounds i really thought id lose more as when ever i started a diet my first weigh ins would be a loss of 6-7 pounds, it must be down to the fact iam getting older. oh well at least its a loss so beth can u put me down as 2/69 wow looks like iv got a long way to go. Well done busybee u must be happy :) don't worry ang STS Is better then a gain but fingers crossed next week will be a great loss for u x

Happy Wedneday everyone :) - half way through the week.

How is everyone doing today?

Well done on those losses Busy and Sas, and for STS Ange- considering the week you've had thats an amazing result, be proud of yourself for staying strong hun.

Misteeq, what an active day - go girl :). a great loss from you on the way I am sure.

how is everyone else feeling they're getting on? I must admit I am still strong and motivated, did have 2 large glasses of wine last night but hoping I can claw it back a little. Basically (without too much info), TOTM has finally arrived which marks the 21 day countdown to our treatment starting again so for me - no caffiene, no alcohol, stupid amounts of supplements, and no artificial sweeteners. The sweetners bit worries me actually because it means no diet drinks, no 'sugar free' things etc etc etc, I am going to have to stay so alert I think and hope I can work my way around it ok.

Well, an absolute nightmare of a morning in work, supposed to be preparing success rate reports buth aven't been able to stay at my desk for more than 5 mins without someone interuppting me or calling me away. We are having a Royal visit on 13th Feb so everyone is in 'headless chicken' mode!

Twinny - how are you feeling today? You must be so tired working all these hours.

Just out of interest, what does everyone do for a living? I am a Quality Coordinator / Administrator for an Apprenticeship provider.

Speak to you all later :) :bighug:

Weigh in days:
Becca (2.5/20) - Saturday (wk 1) STS :( (wk 2) -2.5 lb:bliss:

Clare (7/20) - Tuesday (wk 1) - 7lbs :party0049: (wk 2) -1lb :party0049:
Karen - Saturday (wk 1) -1.5lbs:bliss:
Suzanne - Friday (wk 1) - 3 lbs :party0049:
Eabha - Wednesday
(wk 1) - 1.5lb :) (wk 2) - 2lbs :clap:
Ang (4/22) - Wednesday (wk 1) - 4lb :clap: (wk 2) STS :)
Sas - Wednesday (wk 1) -2lb:greenapple:
Lee (6/42) - Monday (wk 1) - 2.5lb :) (wk 2) - 3.5 :greenapple:
Juicy -
Marli - Tuesday (wk 1) - 5lbs :clap: (wk 2) -2lbs :party0049:

Rewind - Wednesday
Claire 2 - Monday
Busy Bee - Wednesday (wk 1) - 2.2lbs :clap:
Loumo - Saturday
Safc - Tuesday (wk 1) - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (3.75/19) - Friday (wk 1) - 2.75lbs :flirt2: (wk 2) -1lb :party0049:
4ever - Monday (wk 1) -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Monday

I am currently a stay at home mum with my 2 year old. Would love to do a apprenticeship program but my ambition is to be a primary teacher but il have to go to uni or do open university which is ideal at the moment, but scared I won't be able to do the work and drop out that's my biggest fear x

Well I've had a great morning!! I was down 1.5lbs at WI and I passed all my exams that I did before Xmas :woohoo: Couldn't be more happier right now. I'm doing a postgrad in accounting and I'll start work in a firm in September once I finish the course :)

Well done busybee and sas on your losses. Ang don't be disheartened. After the week you've had that's a good result. Now you're home you'll be able to eat better and hopefully you'll get a loss next week.

Becca that's great news about your TOTM. I really hope it works out for you :)

Hi everyone, well done on your losses,and STS....I woke up this morning feeling unwell with a sore throat,runny nose and headache.I didn't think i'd make it to Zumba..After I had walked my youngest to nursery the fresh air had cleared my head,i'm pleased to say I did make it, and feel a lot better for it!! So it's true exercise does do you good. I'm a stay at home mummy for the time being, till September, when my youngest (3 year old) starts school, and I can go back to college to complete my teacher training access course.I am also a mother to my 13 year old,who has ADHD and Severe Dyspraxia.Hope everyone is having a good day.x.

Becca, I really hope I get a good loss next week, but this Saturday is my youngest daughters birthday, and i'm taking her out to the cinema, where we'll have sweets and popcorn..Then home for a big party with all the usual yummy, but sinful things to eat..Need to focus on what i'm eating and most of all build some willpower to avoid eating loads.lol.x.

Hello my lovelies!
How are we all feeling today? Hope everyone well and still felling motivated.

Well done Busy, Sas and Ange! Wooop woop! Hi 5's all the way!

Day 2 of my week and its been going well so far :D. I'm feeling really good today, started the day of with my kettlebell workout and I've had tuna and pasta for lunch with some WW mature cheese slice melted on top which was yummy.

I'm going to do my Zumba party live DVD workout tomorrow, i did it last week and boy did it make me sweat, i think as it live the energy is alot more intense from the instructors.

I'm not sure what to have for dinner :sigh:, i don't feel like cooking tonight...any suggestions guys of anything quick easy and tasty?

Becca, I really hope I get a good loss next week, but this Saturday is my youngest daughters birthday, and i'm taking her out to the cinema, where we'll have sweets and popcorn..Then home for a big party with all the usual yummy, but sinful things to eat..Need to focus on what i'm eating and most of all build some willpower to avoid eating loads.lol.x.

Hi Misteeq,
Prepare yourself for the cinema before you go, i usually buy a low fat icelolly or ice cream like twister or solaro, which are only a few points each. It takes longer for me eat and keeps me away from constantly dipping into the popcorn, if you want something to snack on buy some low fat crisp or mini popcorn pack where your able to calculate the points.
Another tips is buy a large diet drink and sip on that all the way through the movie.

At the party i would eat something first to avoid me over eating and put a few low fat treats on the table, wotsits, grapes, sliced oranges, party rings (half point each) that you know the children will eat too.
Prepare a some sugar free jelly which is 0 points and you can eat that too, or you can try and save a few points in advance.

Whatever you decide to do, as long as you prepare yourself you'll be fine.

Afternoon all

It's lovely to be back posting on my favourite thread :character00148:

As some of you already know, I am a retired Nurse Practitioner working mostly on A&E and then at GP practices running my own surgeries.
I took early retirement at 52 because I became quite poorly and my consultant didn't want me to carry on working. It was the best thing I ever did and I have been fit and well for a good few years now (Keep taking the tablets)
I reach my 60th birthday and am officially old on Feb 2nd and Bill is taking me for a 5 day break to a Warners Hotel .....all that food and drink !!! :party0051: :eating:
:party0036:

Good luck Becca with your next try at IVF. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Sas101 - Well done on your 2lb weight loss

Eabha - go girl go !!! Aweight loss of 1 1/2lb and exam success. Well done you

Lee - so glad you took my advice and joined our little group. You sound like you have good support at home too. Your wife is so lucky not to have a weight problem and is a little gem to understand how much our plan means to you.
I like where you're coming from with the exercise advice. I now have an excuse when I only manage 1 exercise session a week
:giggle: :whacky068:

Finally can I thank you all for your wonderful support and words of encouragement over the last week or so.
Like someone said earlier on, this is so much better (& cheaper) than going to class once a week :grouphugg:

Luv Ang xx

Thank you all for your support, so glad I joined the thread. Well done to the other wednesday weighers! Just made some low pointed soup that I used to eat last time I was on plan but think I've done something wrong as its a bit thinner than usual. Too much stock perhaps as I've halved the ingredients to save on wasting it? Time to get myself back on track :)

Hi, could I join summer challenge, I did discover plan a few years ago but have put it all back on , ive tried pro points but cant do it! Back to this which I find quite easy! I started back 2 weeks ago and have lost 7.5lbs. My weigh in day is a wed. Im in the zone to do this and cant wait to be slim for summer!! Xx

Back