SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Hi chazz
U r most welcomed to join our friendly group well done hun half a stone in 2 weeks that's brilliant I love discovery u know it works when u stick to it properly xxx

Evening guys!

Welcome to the club Chazz, this is a lovely supportive group to be part of!

How are we all this evening?!
Im actually knackered, I'm going to have an early night and curl up into my bed with a cuppa :zz:.
I wasnt very hungry this evening and really had a urge for something sweet, I had 10 points left so i treated myself to a fresh custard and raspberry dougnut from tesco, it was in a fresh cream cake pack and was only a point value of 4.5! It was delicious!!! Yum yum and definately worth it. :p
Thats what i love about following WW, you can afford to have those little treats, moderation is the key to success.

So another day ahead of us, remember folks to remain determine and focused to a sexier slimmer you.

Nitey night

hi guys........omg everybody is simply wasting away here .....is nt it great! well am here now and instead of nibbling ,im here reading back over posts.my brain is so mushy.....2 small kids to blame...so well done everyone!!!!

have stuck to the points today so please god it ll show next week....have to get moving though......havent started excercise yet.

Thanks guys! Start of week 3 for me, going to try and fit in some exercise inbetween work and being mum. I look forward to reading your posts! Xx

Thanks Ang and Jo :) I've 2 more lbs to get to my next mini goal of 11st 9lbs which was my prev low. Then another 0.5lb to get my 2nd stone so hopefully will get them over the next 2 weeks.

Welcome Chazz. This group is a great support. 7.5lbs is great so far keep up the good work.

4evermtee I just noticed you're from Ireland as well. What part are you from? I'm from Dublin :) I'm the same with you as the exercise. I've found it very difficult to keep it up these days.

Hello everyone

I just wondered if I could join this thread as it seems great for motivation. Il give you a little background info

I'm Nikki I'm 23 and currently 18 stone exactly. When I very first started weightwatchers over 5 years ago I was 22 stone. In fell off and on the wagon for four years but then set a date for our wedding in May 2011! It was time to get to it! I ended up going from 21.9 to 16.8 a loss of 5 stone in about a year! But a year on the wedding dress diet is in the past and first came the all inclusive honeymoon with 24/7 food and then Xmas and NY and I've piled back on 2 stone :-( gutted is an understatement but I HAVE to do it this time! At my heaviest after being healthily all my life so far I started having breathing problems and was diagnosed with asthma which has since for worse again! I have a little boy who I cant run around the park with and changes need to be made.

I'm following the old plan and have been back on it for 2 weeks this being the second week. I WI on Thursday mornings and lost 3lbs last week which was a great start but I had a huge laps on Monday and raided the chocolate drawer (not even a huge chocolate fan) and made myself feel sick and that was the realisation it needs to stop. This website has been a life saver to me the past year but not many people on the main discover plan forum now :-( so I'd you lovely dieters will accept me and my long essay type ramblings ;-) I'd like to join! If that's ok :-o :) xx

Mornin' all.
:welcome2::welcome2:
A big welcome to Chazz and Maybride, you're on the right thread here, we're a friendly supportive lot and won't let you get away with being "naughty" too often. But boy woll we praise you when you've done well.:happy096:
:copon:

Hope everyone else is ok as it's not usually so quiet on here on a morning.

Chris improving so feel that I can relax a bit now and get back to counting my points. Had a healthy shop yesterday so back to my 18 points today. :innocent0002:

No-one weighing in today so good luck to Jo for your weigh in tomorrow, hun.

Luv Ang xx

Happy Thursday everone :) - end of the working week for me too - woooooooo hoooooooooooo :bliss:. (I do work full time but have 2 3 day weekends a month so I get to spend time with hubby who is on a silly rota and gets really random days off).

Eabha - go girl, you deserve a humongous pat on the back, -1.5lbs and passing all your exams, thats fantastic news. THis is obviously your time hun :). Post grad Acc - wow, I passed my AAT4 technican 2 years ago and graduated. Forgotten most of it now though!

Welcome to May and Chaz, you are very very welcome to join our 'not so little' family. We are a very jolly supportive group - I personally believe that we've all done each other the world of good. Its lovely to have you with us. i'll pop your names on our tracker and await your first weigh in with us :).

May - I got married last year too - 30th April, my weight gain is also partly down to honeymoon, Christmas etc (although I did have weight to loose before those events)

Misteeq - well done you for going to Zumba when you felt poo! Thats motivation for you :)

Marli- Hellllllloooooooooooooo Sweetie, how are you doing? Oooo, what is the Zumba party like (assuming you mean the live one?) I have done the cardio party a few times which made me sweat so much, and am doing it again tonight, and I have done the toning one which I wasn't lovin quite so much, and the Express workout which again I love.

Jo - hope you feel better soon :hug99:

Twinny - nearly there lovely, final day before your break. Hope you have a lovely lovely time, stay safe :). (i'll text you at some point over the weekend)

Ang - am really pleased Chris is on the mend and you can get back on track. Thank you for your kind wishes too for our treatment. We've decided this time we're going to keep it to ourselves apart from parents (and you guys :)), its just so much pressure otherwise having all the questions about how its going, then on test day if its negative you feel like you have a mountain of people to let down.

Hi to everyone else. I will try to post tomorrow and am sure I will, but am helping mother-in-law move house so cant guarantee - if I dont get chance good luck for all the weigh ins and have a fantstic weekend :)

:bighug:

Weigh in days:
Becca (2.5/20) - Sat(wk 1) STS :( (wk 2) -2.5 lb:bliss:
Clare (7/20) - Tues(wk 1) - 7lbs :party0049: (wk 2) -1lb :party0049:

Karen - Sat (wk 1) -1.5lbs:bliss:
Suzanne - Fri (wk 1) - 3 lbs :party0049:
Eabha - Weds
(wk 1) - 1.5lb :) (wk 2) - 2lbs :clap: (wk 3) - 1.5lbs
:party0049:Ang (4/22) - Weds (wk 1) - 4lb :clap: (wk 2) STS :)
Sas - Weds (wk 1) -2lb:greenapple:
Lee (6/42) - Mon (wk 1) - 2.5lb :) (wk 2) - 3.5 :greenapple:
Juicy -
Marli - Tues (wk 1) - 5lbs :clap: (wk 2) -2lbs :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds (wk 1) - 2.2lbs :clap:
Loumo - Sat
Safc - Tues (wk 1) - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (3.75/19) - Fri (wk 1) - 2.75lbs :flirt2: (wk 2) -1lb :party0049:
4ever - Mon (wk 1) -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon
Chaz - Weds
May - Thurs

Hey guys!!

A big welcome to Nikki! You will feel right at home here my darling, just feel free to post anytime we are all a great bunch and will be happy to help you out anytime.

Hows the newbies doing, i hope everyone is managing to stick to their point allowances, I've been really trying and im happy to say i have managed to everyday WOooooHoooooo!
No one ate the remainder of the the pack of four cream cakes from yesterday and they have been sitting in my fridge with guess what! Not one bit of drop of temptation from me..i know i must be really ready for a slimmer me.
I'm going to force feed them to my fiance when he gets in lol!

Im looking forward to a jacket potato tonight for dinner, I brought some Cathedral City light mature grated cheese, which im going to try out, its a 1 point for every 12.5g.

@Becca....heyyyyy gurl! yes its the Zumba live, it's wicked! Its so much more intense and it really gets you pumping. Have you tried the the abs workout?

@Ang I'm sooo happy to hear that Chris is on the mend that's fab, at least you can feel more settled now x

Right I'm about to start a workout now with the Just Dance games on the wii and along with my zumba fitness now with my daughter, she has decided to dress up in disco/hippie style with leg warmers, colourful beads and a rah rah skirt to make it more fun.

Any mummies out there struggling with any exercise i would definitely recommend Just Dance if you have a WII or XBox, i have all 3 of the Just Dance Games and love them its fun, gets your heart pumping and you can get the children involved.

Thanks Becca. I love it but its a long road to be fully qualified :(

Does anyone know how many points are in the small crispy bread rolls? I pointed them as 1.5 from the tesco website but that seems to be really low? I normally have brown bread with my soup for lunch but they didn't have any in the restaurant :(

That's great news about your son-in-law Ang. Glad to hear he's on the mend.

Welcome Nikki. You've made the right decision in doing it properly and we're here to help in anyway that we can :)

hi guys...checking in with ye.......maybride i just joined as well and this is my second week and like u ive done ww a good few times over the years but ive never felt the support like this site.......so i think we have struck gold and we will all get there!.......
like i had a glass of wine tonight and didnt drink the bottle and did nt go munching after it.....i really did nt want to mess up my weigh in next monday and weekend is coming and i find them the hardest ..as in stop myself picking in the kitchen.
anyway, feel like a switch has been flipped in my head and i am loosing this bloody weight once and for all![who's with me]
all i have to do is look at jo and all the pounds lost by everybody here...its working!
up the duff...im from wicklow.omg it half 11 have to go to bed! zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi uptheduff

Love the name loll, I used to point bread rolls at 2.5p am sure it was that in the shopping guide x

Hi everyone :)

Sorry i haven't posted all week, been in the process of moving house.

Big hello to any newbies :)

Weighed myself this morning and i've somehow managed to lose half a pound? Bit confused really as like i say we've been moving house so we've had late dinners and quite a bit of junk food as we've constantly been inbetween houses and not really had the time to stop and eat properly.

Can't wait to be settled in and back to my normal routine so i can get rid of a few of these pounds. Plus getting a dog tomorrow so i'm sure that will help on the exercise side of things :)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

Hi everyone,

What an awful day here in Haydock, rain, rain and more rain

Kept tomy 18pts yesterday and going to do some Zumba later so hoping for a loss this week

Marli - looked at the Just dance wii but only just got the Zumba one at Xmas. May get the dance one later on. Which one do you think is best? :banana dancer:
Oh and well done you managing not to eat the full pack of doughnuts even if they did wink at you everytime you opened the fridge door :eatdrink051:

Eabha - the shopping guide doesn't give a point value for individual supermarket rolls but it does say that all bread rolls are 2pts for 50gm. Hope that helps

Suzanne - Well done you !! 1/2lb loss whilst moving house. What breed of dog are you getting? We had 2 labs but lost them both last year. Considering getting another but don't know if I could cope with the house training again :happy096:

Jo - Think you've passed your sore throat and cold onto me. Hope you're feeling better today. :sick:
Glad you enjoyed the mushroom curry, it's delish and FREEEEE. Can't get better than that.:eat:

4evermtee - Well done on resisting the 2nd glass of wine. It's great when that switch does click isn't it? I lost 6 stone on this plan 4 years ago by going to weekly classes.I kept it of til last year and since then 1 1/2 stone has crept back on so here I am in this wonderful group trying to get back to goal. :party0036:

Becca, Karen and Loumo - good luck with your weigh in tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

And finally - WHERE IS LEE ??? Hope all us ladies haven't frightened him off

Luv Ang xx

Hi! Hope everyone is doing ok, im still feeling motivated, cant believe how good im getting on! Today will be a test its my boys bday so going out to ice skating then the pics! Will take some fruit with me though! Got a lovely top in the warehouse sale, its a size 14 so will need to lose another half stone for it to fit me so thats my next goal! Take care! Xx

Ang - We are getting a one year old male cocker spaniel :)
My parents have a cocker spaniel so we know alot about the breed so we're really excited about getting him. The lady who we are getting him from actually works at the same place as my bf and she's had the dog since 16 weeks old, however, her little boy has started suffering with allergies and runny eyes whenever he's around the dog so the doctor thinks that he may have developed an allergy. Sorry to hear about your labs :( if it wasn't for us getting Jack tomorrow that would of been our first choice of breed.

Chazz - I like the idea of buying a top that doesn't fit as its a great incentive :) I think i just may have to try that idea myself :)

ang2252 said:
Hi everyone,

What an awful day here in Haydock, rain, rain and more rain

Kept tomy 18pts yesterday and going to do some Zumba later so hoping for a loss this week

Marli - looked at the Just dance wii but only just got the Zumba one at Xmas. May get the dance one later on. Which one do you think is best? :banana dancer:
Oh and well done you managing not to eat the full pack of doughnuts even if they did wink at you everytime you opened the fridge door :eatdrink051:

Eabha - the shopping guide doesn't give a point value for individual supermarket rolls but it does say that all bread rolls are 2pts for 50gm. Hope that helps

Suzanne - Well done you !! 1/2lb loss whilst moving house. What breed of dog are you getting? We had 2 labs but lost them both last year. Considering getting another but don't know if I could cope with the house training again :happy096:

Jo - Think you've passed your sore throat and cold onto me. Hope you're feeling better today. :sick:
Glad you enjoyed the mushroom curry, it's delish and FREEEEE. Can't get better than that.:eat:

4evermtee - Well done on resisting the 2nd glass of wine. It's great when that switch does click isn't it? I lost 6 stone on this plan 4 years ago by going to weekly classes.I kept it of til last year and since then 1 1/2 stone has crept back on so here I am in this wonderful group trying to get back to goal. :party0036:

Becca, Karen and Loumo - good luck with your weigh in tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

And finally - WHERE IS LEE ??? Hope all us ladies haven't frightened him off

Luv Ang xx

Hi ang
Just logged on for the first time in a couple of days. Been extremely busy and tired to go with it. Will do a proper post tonight. Will take more than a few lovely ladies to make me run and hide. Hehe.
Have been extremely good not gone off track so hoping for another loss this week although I don't think it will be as good as last week . You know when you get that feeling although that anxiety for you

Missing you all speak soon

Back