SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Its a STS for me today on WI. I am ok with that as I have had a fairly lazy week. I also had a week with bread in my menu which is usually a no no for me as it tend to put the lbs on. I think for now I will go back to no bread as I want to get these lbs off. Its hard giving something up that you love, cheese is another for me. It doesn't seem to matter if I am within points, I just can't eat these without putting lbs on. So I am happy with my sts!

I hope everyone else has a good day and a great weekend ahead! Jo x

Ang I do hope you haven't picked up our colds! We have had another bad night with our 2yr old bless. Hope you feel ok soon! Jo x
Hi Jo, think we must have the same metabolism as I always struggle to lose if I eat bread. But it's so easy to have a sandwich at lunch when you're in a hurry isn't it?

Hope your little one is feeling better and you get a decent nights sleep tonight

Well done on STS. As we were saying we're in this for the long haul and STS is fine

Luv Ang xx

Hi everyone,
Hows everybody been? i myself have been very motivated an still keeping with the plan and no hiccups.
had a busy week at work and very ehausting mentally. the week ended on a high for me at work as i was promoted to "senior project manager" so will have a little celibration this weekend but being very cautious not to blow a good week.

Hello and welcome to all those newbies i hope you find our little community very helpfull and comforting in those times of need.

went to morrisons last night and ound another little ww pudding that i haven seen before. a mini vienetta ice cream which comes in at 2.5 points...needless to say i had one of those last night for my pud and it was really nice. one to look out for. it was on a promotion to at £1 for 2in a box.

off to cambridge tomorrow for a trip out more than anything. done my pack up to take with me as i dont want to exceed my point as were having a chicken balti tomorrow night (Home Made) 11pts all in. a bit high for those on less points than me but only a third of my point allowance for the day.

well done to all those that have managed to STS or lost weight this week. keep strong and the results will come!! and if your getting stuck just shout and someone will come up with some good advice.

Off for another walk again Sunday probably another 4 miler. i feel so much better after it with being stuck in the office all day.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and remember to enjoy yourselves.

catch you soon.

Can anyone help, ive just ate 3 chocolates from a tin of roses :( still had 5 points left today but cant remember how much points this was! Hope my 5 points covers it! Xx

Morning all

Well I've lost 1/2lb this week. I'm hoping it's a case of bad timing and lack of willpower last night which resulted in too many wines and a fight with a pizza - the pizza won!

But as Miss Motivated this morning I've been out for a 40min bike ride and have done some weight training too. Now just waiting for my crumpets to be ready - a bargain at 1 point each - yum yum!

Have a great weekend everyone x

Well done on your loss Karen. I had a similar fight with McDonalds on Weds and it won. The important thing is to draw a line under it and keep going. One bad day isn't going to derail us completely.

I just discovered the importance of pointing everything you eat and not just go by the purple book. I always pointed my ham for a sandwich as 1 point as that's what it says in the book. But I'm just after pointing it by the nutritional value on the packet and it turns out that 1 slice has no points and 2 is 1 point. My advice would be to point your own brand that you use as you never know what you might discover :)

Becca how did you get on with your WI?

Hi everyone - HAPPY WEEKEND :)

Apologies for not posting yesterday we were moving my mother-in-law so was away from home and by the time I got back was soooooooo knackered went straight to bed.

THis is just a really quick post too so say hi to all you lovelies and let you know I haven't forgotten you :). I will check in later today or tomorrow and catch up with all the posts and update the tracker. Am just back off to do some more unpacking so am rushing around like headless chicken.

Love to all of you - have a fab Saturday xxx

ps. lost 1lbs - wooooooooooooooooooo :)

Last edited:
Thanks ang for that gona be making your chocolate truffles Mmm lol, great loss karchn considering u ate a pizza the night before I would never had lost with that so well done hun. And well done becc great weight loss wow we are all slowly but surely getting there xxx

Well done on your weight loss guys! Hope everyones had a good wknd, its been my wknd on at work so thats helped me stay away from alcohol n bad food! cant wait til my next wi, I would love 2.5lbs as that would take me to 10lbs in 3 weeks, thts also my 1st 5%, maybe thats aiming a bit too high after last weeks 4.5 lbs though. Everyone one have a great day!! Xx

Hello shrinking friends

How is everyone today? I am having a lazy day with hubby just sat in front of the TV. yesterday we bought a slide scanner as i have 100's of slides that are my folks that they want put on disks so guess what i'm gong to be doing all afternoon :)

Sas - what are these chocolate truffles you're talking about. and Ang, whats the free Mushroom curry - have I missed something, could I have the recipies please :)

Marli - how are you doing hun? No I haven't tried the abs workout yet, I tend to be sticking to the cardio party, express workout and leg toning workout. (I dont have a belly as such so haven't thought about that yet - i'm all legs, back side and hips!!!!!! - darn you pear shape!!!!!)

Jo - how are you and your son feeling now? Hope you're both better. a STS is good - i'll up date the tracker.

Suzanne - well done on your loss sweetie. Are you moved and settled now?

Ang - hello lovely, how is everything with you? Which Warners are you going to? I have been Alvaston, Cricket St Thomas and I live 10mins from Holme Lacy House so we go there sometimes for lunch.

Lee - woop woop - congratulations on your promotion :)

Karen - well done on your loss hun, every bit adds up :)

Hi to everyone else - hope you're all having a nice Sunday :).

Hubby and I did go out for a meal last night to Pizza Express which was lovely. :candledinner: I didn't count points but i've always found that having a day off on weigh in day works for me still as long as i get straight back on the wagon the following morning. I think without 1 day off a week I would probably struggle a little more to stay on track.

I wonder how clare is getting on in Scotland? (if you read this twinny - sorry I haven't text, took my phone into the shop yesterday for repair and i dont get it back for 10 days - i'm borrowing my mums this afty though and can use with my SIM so will still be on the same number)

Speak to you all later

:bighug:

Weigh in days:
Becca (4/20) - Sat wk 1 STS :( wk 2 -2.5 lb :party0049: wk 3 - 1lbs :clap:
Clare (7/20) - Tues wk 1 - 7lbs :party0049: wk 2 -1lb :party0049:
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap:
Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple:
Eabha - Weds
wk 1 - 1.5lb :) wk 2 - 2lbs :clap: wk 3 - 1.5lbs :party0049:
Ang (4/22) - Weds wk 1 - 4lb :clap: wk 2 STS :)
Sas (2/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple:
Lee (6/42) - Mon wk 1 - 2.5lb :) wk 2 - 3.5 :greenapple:
Juicy -
Marli - Tues wk 1 - 5lbs :clap: wk 2 -2lbs :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap:
Loumo - Sat
Safc - Tues wk 1 - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (3.75/19) - Fri wk 1 - 2.75lbs :flirt2: wk 2 -1lb:party0049: wk 3 STS :)
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon
Chaz - Weds
May - Thurs

Last edited:
Hey everyone
Hope ur all having a nice weekend, I wanted to know if u guys who exercise 30-40 mins a day 3-4 times a week would you track ur activity points and use them, am confused as I have heard a few people say if u don't use them u won't lose weight, anyone had any experiences with this, or any extra weight loss not eating the extra points. Sorry I know it's confusing loll x

Sas I wouldn't use them. But I would make sure to use all my dailies that day as you need to make sure your body is getting enough food. If you were doing very intense training and racking up a lot of activity points then I would suggest eating some of them for this reason. My leader has always maintained that they should be extra. Obviously if you're going to a party or something then they do come in handy as back up.

Becca well done on your loss and Lee forgot to say yesterday congratulations on your promotion :party0019:

Becca I agree about taking the day off on WI day. I find it really helps on weeks where I'm struggling and I just say to myself keep going until Weds and then take the day off :) Some weeks I find I just have my normal foods anyway and others (like last week :rolleyes:) I find myself in the queue for McDonalds.

Back